Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I like the old one better.

I personally think the new one is better. I think there could be a bit of improvement done to the helmet, but other than that I love the new Kashyyyk troopers.

Edited by Legoman123

Don't expect a Slave-1 till september as for May an At-At would be the wrong planet

I think you know something.. 'AT-AT would be wrong planet' says to me it's gonna be rather in the summer wave . And that Sandrcrawler remains for May (if the rumor is true).

I can't see them remaking the sandcrawler yet, I'm glad we got one, but is another necessary? It's not particularly attractive model (because it isn't supposed to be), and as far as figs go, the old jawas are already perfect, the best we could get would be Owen and Beru. Thats just my opinion on it, though I'm biased since I have the old one.

It's not the snazziest-looking SW vehicle, true, but it's a memorable one important to the story of the first movie, and also appearing in the prequels and the EU, and the last time one was done in LEGO was quite a few years ago. It's also the only set in which Jawas appear, even though they appear in most of the movies (and again have story importance in at least the original), and it features only three of them, and furthermore it's also the only set in which Owen Lars appears, despite his story significance. And Beru Lars has yet to appear in a single set. I think there's plenty of call for another Sandcrawler now.

It's not the snazziest-looking SW vehicle, true, but it's a memorable one important to the story of the first movie, and also appearing in the prequels and the EU, and the last time one was done in LEGO was quite a few years ago. It's also the only set in which Jawas appear, even though they appear in most of the movies (and again have story importance in at least the original), and it features only three of them, and furthermore it's also the only set in which Owen Lars appears, despite his story significance. And Beru Lars has yet to appear in a single set. I think there's plenty of call for another Sandcrawler now.

Well, I'm following quite a few forums on Lego SW in different languages and have yet to discover one in which people are "voicing plenty of calls for another Sandcrawler" as opposed to for example an AT-AT... :sceptic:

But on a softer note, it's true that minifig-wise (and sadly exclusively minifig-wise) it could be an interesting set.

Edited by Spyderlord

I'd like to have a Sandcrawler because it is a great vehicle with great minifigures! :)

We already got one and I think many people would like to see remakes of other sets first or the release of new iconic UCS sets (e.g. AT-AT)

As I promise, some pictures of upcoming Kashyyyk Scout Trooper (New Design, 2014, Battlepack):

2013-11-07_16.02.08.jpg

2013-11-07_16.02.55.jpg

2013-11-07_16.03.04.jpg

2013-11-07_16.03.17.jpg

2013-11-07_16.03.43.jpg

Edited by SlimShady

I think it's safe to say that too high is better than too low, in this case. I guess the helmet molding and printing could use some minor tweaking, with key word being minor. It's a minor problem, and as such, it doesn't stop me from loving the minifig or buying the pack (that's the price tag's job, LOL).

Does anyone know what is different about the new R2-D2?

His dome is chrome, unlike previous grey versions... or so everyone tells me.

Edited by Jarneh

As I promise, some pictures of upcoming Kashyyyk Scout Trooper (New Design, 2014, Battlepack):

Thanks for the pics, I certainly don't like this.

Why does every body seem to have pics of these new figs but not of the DS gunner?

Imagine the eye placement needed for that visor. You've got to have eyes at the very top of your skull.

This is probably the ugliest minifigure in years.

I don't know. Whatever you call this color:

[snip]

Pearl light grey; TLG calls it silver. Chrome refers to the colors that are plated.

This is probably the ugliest minifigure in years.

I wouldn't judge an entire minifigure based solely upon one part of its helmet printing. You have to admit, the colors and printing on the torso are far superior to the old one, not to mention just plain awesome. Besides: Like beauty, ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Pearl light grey; TLG calls it silver. Chrome refers to the colors that are plated.

My bad. :/

Pearl light grey it is!

The helmet really doesn't bother me much. I think the visor is sort of weird, but I sort of thought the same thing about it in the movie.

His body print is also updated.

I took the plunge and got a deal on 5 of the new X-Wing pilots. I'll post pics of my newly kitted out rebel fleet when they arrive.

Edited by Robianco

Oh right, nothing much has changed then. Thanks anyway though. :classic:

In reaction to the scout trooper :

I think this is a misprint, as the bridge of the nose is exactly the same size of the eye-sight. ... Well I hope so :wacko: .. If I look at it now, I don't want any :thumbdown:

grtz Saint