Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I would die for a new AAT!!! :wub:

Although I would go for either the separatist or republic shuttle.

As for the $100 set I would take any of the five except for the Millennium Falcon because I already have one and am not getting another.

Edited by iamwhoiam

I think this is one instance of the whole ship coming at the expense of playability.

I can hardly wait until both of these are availble and. I have put them together, when I've done that the I may critique the sets.

Sadly the Attack Shuttle is a Clone Wars animated series subject. Unless it shows up again in Rebels (Which I would not count out, it would be easy for them to reuse art assets and give it Empire colors) , I don't think we will be seeing it as a regular Lego set anytime soon. I think Lego and the other toymakers are done with TCW for a bit.

True. I just want lego to make a really good shuttle, theta or lamda or otherwise in system scale. Everything shuttle related is either UCS (very expensive and oversized) and/or retired.

I think the Phantom is disproportionate in size to the overall size of the Ghost. Originally, I thought both sets together would be great but I dislike the way the Phantom nose extends so far on the rear of the Ghost. Also I think the empty rear of the Ghost could be used for storage bay since there are small doors to a compartment.

I agree though, I would love to see early reviews on these sets as we near the August release.

Shouldn't this be titled wish list? You do realized there is already a millennium falcon in stores? Not to mention anyone who is holding their breath for many more PT sets better plan to pass out.

These are rumors and might happen because we see AAT's in Season Six of TCW and same with the other TCW sets and EP. III sets. They also show a new Millennium Falcon in the Yoda Chronicles 2014 Teaser. So, there's a good chance, bros. ;)

You have discovered the button "Star new topic" today, right ? redface.gif

Yes I have. ;) I just joined. I like to find out about upcoming sets. :D

I'm going for the AAT and The CTT as they where Microfighters.

Agreed! ;)

New Republic Attack Shuttle please!

Does this 'rumor' have any sources or is it just wild speculation? In other words do we even know that there will be some store exclusives for summer?

There's always Store Exclusives, bro! Haven't you noticed that there always are? ;)

New Republic Attack Shuttle please!

Does this 'rumor' have any sources or is it just wild speculation? In other words do we even know that there will be some store exclusives for summer?

These are good possibilities and I am usually correct. For example in early 2013 I wanted an AT-AP and a new Vulture Droid and just new EP.III sets and I was right! Just luck, I guess. (Lol) :D

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. Also, shouldn't these threads be in the main Rumors thread at the top?

I didn't know there was one. I'm new to this website. ;)

I'm thinking not a lot of PT subjects will be on the short term horizon. Hasbro has given the impression that the focus will be OT at least until they know what direction the new stuff is taking. I am sure Lego has the same directions from Lucasfilms. I also can't see them giving TRU the Millenium Falcon as a store exclusive. At least not as a large minifig scale set. We will probably see a new MF next year to tie directly into episode VII. My bet is it will be a flagship set next summer.

The new imperial guards make me think a new system scale Imperial shuttle may be in the works somewhere.

If we do see a PT subject it would probably be something big and spectacular and clone centric, to say goodbye to the clones for a little bit. Maybe a new Dropship?

But I like my Clones! XD

Shouldn't this be titled wish list? You do realized there is already a millennium falcon in stores? Not to mention anyone who is holding their breath for many more PT sets better plan to pass out.

Haha! Funny metaphor by the way! I don't really know. I'm just taking my information from several sites and combining them. I'm not sure on all of these, but some of these have a good chance to be a real lego set

Maybe you could post links to each discussion or source that mentions each set possibility you listed?

I would like to see which are more likely based on the information surrounding them.

Also the UCS sets are different from store exclusives right?

Could at least part of the reason the Ghost's interior is lacking be that we really haven't seen it yet?

Well I watched a video from NYTF showing pretty much all of the Ghost's features, and it only really has space for three minifigures. :sceptic:

Rumors for the $40-$50 Set (Usually the Wal-Mart Exclusive)

TIE Interceptor

AT-ST

Octuptarra Magna Tri-Droid

AAT (Armored Assault Tank)

Republic Attack Shuttle

Separatist Shuttle

ARC-170 Fighter

Wookiee Ornithopter

General Grievous' Starfighter

Wookiee Catamaran

Rumors for the $90-$100 Set (Usually the Toys "R" Us Exclusive)

UT-AT

Clone Turbo Tank

Millennium Falcon

AT-OT

Wookiee Tree City

Sources for these supposed rumours?

Or is this just a 'hope list'?

I'm looking forward to the Ghost, since it's reminiscent of the classic Star Wars style of design. I've watched the Brick Show NYTF preview, and yes, the model is small-ish. I get it that system scale models are usually scaled down, but this one could've been a bit bigger. I guess it has a sturdy internal structure which allows for and supports all those peculiar angles. I'll get this one for sure, but mainly for the minifigs, because I've already a bigger one in the works which allows for some interior.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

I'm looking forward to the Ghost, since it's reminiscent of the classic Star Wars style of design. I've watched the Brick Show NYTF preview, and yes, the model is small-ish. I get it that system scale models are usually scaled down, but this one could've been a bit bigger. I guess it has a sturdy internal structure which allows for and supports all those peculiar angles. I'll get this one for sure, but mainly for the minifigs, because I've already a bigger one in the works which allows for some interior.

I guess I was just hoping for an interior like the Millennium Falcon. :sceptic:

I've studied the Ghost's close ups very carefully. There are a few play spaces on the ship, a couple of small forward-facing (what appears to be) cargo bays and there is an awesome little play space in upper rear when the Phantom isn't docked. I haven't seen any video but I've tried to scrutinize the box art closely.... especially the back views show all the moving bits and play features.

So no big bays but some areas to tuck things away I'm guessing. If it's meant to be a smuggling freighter it will need some cargo areas.

I've studied the Ghost's close ups very carefully. There are a few play spaces on the ship, a couple of small forward-facing (what appears to be) cargo bays and there is an awesome little play space in upper rear when the Phantom isn't docked. I haven't seen any video but I've tried to scrutinize the box art closely.... especially the back views show all the moving bits and play features.

So no big bays but some areas to tuck things away I'm guessing. If it's meant to be a smuggling freighter it will need some cargo areas.

Agreed, I'm quite disappointed with the Ghost in this regard. At a $90 price point, I was hoping it'd have a decent interior. The Milano, though smaller, manages to have a nice looking interior, which I really like! Here's hoping this isn't a trend with future SW sets.

Sources for these supposed rumours?

Or is this just a 'hope list'?

I would think the latter.

Though with the breadth of sets listed here, it would be hard to be wrong.

Edited by ghostmind

I would think the latter.

Though with the breadth of sets listed here, it would be hard to be wrong.

true, its more a case of what they didn't suggest than what was.

So I am not sure what we are all fearing from Disney?

Since Disney has taken over, they have dismissed the EU, TCW, and to some degree the PT. That's a lot of fans and they are catering to one group of SW fans now.

It's just a shame that the Ghost does not have much of an interior. :sceptic:

Don't worry, by the time LEGO gets to the 4th, 5th or UCS version of the Ghost, it'll have a better interior. Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Since Disney has taken over, they have dismissed the EU, TCW, and to some degree the PT. That's a lot of fans and they are catering to one group of SW fans now.

Don't worry, by the time LEGO gets to the 4th, 5th or UCS version of the Ghost, it'll have a better interior.

I don't think LEGO will make an EU UCS set.

Also I think the 2015 UCS set will be a ship/object from Star Wars 7. Would be a smart marketing move. :wink:

The next UCS for 2015 will depend a lot on disney, this may be the first real impuit they have since design time and delivery is a certain period apart.

Don't worry, by the time LEGO gets to the 4th, 5th or UCS version of the Ghost, it'll have a better interior.

I don't think LEGO will make an EU UCS set.

I was being sarcastic. :laugh:

For the people that are really into Canon and what is and isn't EU, Is TCW and now Rebels considered EU? I always thought EU was something that didn't come directly from Lucasfilm. I apologize in advance for my ignorance on the matter.

For the people that are really into Canon and what is and isn't EU, Is TCW and now Rebels considered EU? I always thought EU was something that didn't come directly from Lucasfilm. I apologize in advance for my ignorance on the matter.

If something is considered canon (or a higher or lower level of canon - oh my!) or not is generally a fuzzy matter for wussies of the nth degree. :laugh: What does it matter? It exists, so there's a good chance Lego will make sets. Be calm, patient... and trust the Force. I never get tired of pointing out that Star Wars is not history, it's not even a straight-forward story, it's more of a saga, a legend, a morality play, and in such things inconsistencies are no big deal, but bound to happen or sometimes even necessary. How, for instance, could the prequels be 'canon' (oh boy, what a religious term), if old Ben told Luke in 'A New Hope' that Darth Vader has been seduced by the dark side, if in fact the prequel movies tell a story of Vader being tricked (!!! not seduced - and the two are entirely different) by the dark side. That's pretty non-canon from an OT point-of-view, if you ask me. :wink:

Now that George Lucas is out of the picture (no pun intended), I'm quite sure things will make a bit more sense from now on, considering that the prequels are pretty much evidence piled upon evidence that Lucas did not grasp what made Star Wars so captivating and timeless.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

True. But apparently Lucas supported a bit of the EU giving it his blessing. Lucas himself says he sees no difference between TCW and the movies. The biggest problem with the EU is that a portion, who knows how much, conflicts with Lucas's story ideas beyond RoTJ. This would tie the hands of Disney who would have to sort out what is basically a giant mess. They decided to basically due away with the EU making everything they produce canon and everything else not canon. Viewing how controlling Disney is over their brands it's really no surprise. I would also not be surprised to see some of the EU material appear in future movies, either as part of the Star Wars main trilogy or as a part of the stand alone movies that have been talked about.

What this means is Disney wants everyone to move forward away from EU and PT for that matter. Episode VII is a continuation of OT thus why TCW was ended and why we will see few sets from PT other than the ones that were already agreed upon.

That' was 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Although nothing to support the UCS Slave I rumor other than speculation, I'd like to see a brand new UCS before LEGO updates previous UCS models.