Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I went to toysrus and sadly couldn't find any new sets but saw a paper listing all the sets and where they'll be on the shelves

That's usually a good sign. They'll probably be on shelves by Friday. :sweet:

Saw the new SW BPs at a local toy store this evening. They looked awesome but at 16,99 €, I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. With the exchange rate, that comes out to roughly $21.75 USD. I'll just wait until these sets are available at US retail to purchase them. Not quite 2:1 but I can build an army for significantly cheaper.

Geez, at that price, I'd just get one DS troopers battle pack. and MAYBE an utapau pack too.

The only problems I've heard the LEGO company have in the past is that the Bionicle theme insulted the Maori people of New Zealand and that 9516 Jabba's Palace was to be removed from shelves because it insulted the people of Turkey Austria for religious very misguided reasons.

Lego has really been unpredictable with their information, first they announce that the winter wave would be released in March, then January, March again, and now they are going to be released in TRU stores within a week. Just wait until this summer, in fact, the last summer wave was supposed to be released in June but was delayed until August, until they released them in Lego Stores a week early. This is annoying.

Despite what month certain waves were released, fans continued to buy LEGO regardless of this. LEGO is a company and will release products based on their marketing plans. Does it bother me? A little but in the end LEGO's still getting money out of my wallet.

Barry from brickfanatics has been to the London Toy Fair and this is what he reports:

Star Wars I saw set 75052 £69.99 New Dewback in olive green. The Advent Calendar will have an Xmas tree droid and Darth Vader Santa. Imperial shuttle and mini tie fighter. Festive fire with a lightsaber holder and lightsaber on the side. 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer comes with a microfig of the Emperor. 50% increase in price over the original and part count is similar. Less of a technic build inside. £119.99

75053 Ghost ship from Rebels will be £69.99, 75054 AT-AT £109.99 similar size to old one but different leg construction. Snow Speeder comes separately.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-report/

Barry from brickfanatics has been to the London Toy Fair and this is what he reports:

Star Wars I saw set 75052 £69.99 New Dewback in olive green. The Advent Calendar will have an Xmas tree droid and Darth Vader Santa. Imperial shuttle and mini tie fighter. Festive fire with a lightsaber holder and lightsaber on the side. 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer comes with a microfig of the Emperor. 50% increase in price over the original and part count is similar. Less of a technic build inside. £119.99

75053 Ghost ship from Rebels will be £69.99, 75054 AT-AT £109.99 similar size to old one but different leg construction. Snow Speeder comes separately.

http://brickfanatics...oy-fair-report/

Thanks a lot for the news! Now let's hope more detailed reports on SW will be on their way :sweet:

@Robert_88: The London Toy Fair doesn't allow pictures, so unfortunately we have to wait till the Toy Fairs in Nuremberg (Jan 29th) and NY (Feb 16th) :wink:

Can't wait for the new sets! I hope once Lucasarts brings the bonus CW episodes I hope Lego makes phase 2 Wolffe

ROFL

Those who are currently selling the red helmet of Darth Vader will be mad !

Good for them ! :D

75053 Ghost ship from Rebels will be £69.99,

Somewhat stupid American question but does £69.99 match up with the report that the Ghost will be $90 USD?

ROFL

Those who are currently selling the red helmet of Darth Vader will be mad !

Good for them ! :D

Yes I believe those who pay outrageous prices for minifigs are going to have to be more cautious in the future.

If it follows the way they did Santa Fett/Jango Claus, then we'll get a red torso/legs and cape, with a festive version of Vaders printing, and a regular black helmet. I'd rather have Vader than Jango as Santa, so I'm pleased. Would've been nice to have a "good" character such as Obi-Wan though. Dewback in olive green sounds better than in sand green.

Vader's helmet will be black in fact ;)

Too bad ! :(