Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Yes, I am aware of that announcement, but excuse me for being skeptical. We never got the rumored LOTR CMF's, so I can't help but feel a little bit skeptical about The LEGO Movie CMF's.

I don't remember any such rumour about LotR, but I think there was speculation on some other recent licenced theme, possibly Super Heroes(?), based on some vague wording in a press release. That was very vague, and all the speculation mostly over-optimistic fandom bubbling over. There's nothing vague about The Lego Movie statement, however. Of course Lego might eat their words and decide at the last moment against releasing such series, but that could happen to any Lego release.

Yes, I am aware of that announcement, but excuse me for being skeptical. We never got the rumored LOTR CMF's, so I can't help but feel a little bit skeptical about The LEGO Movie CMF's. :blush:

Where exactly did we ever hear of rumored LOTR CMF's? At best those were wishful thinking among fans. This however was an actual official product announcement from a trade show. While yes, products have occasionally been cancelled after announcement, it's pretty rare for it to happen. In this case they have basically said that one series of CMF's will be based on characters seen in the movie. Given that from what little we have seen of the movie, it looks like it will be using a very very broad pallet of figs from all themes and eras, it is likely that the movie tie in CMFs will look pretty much like every other CMF wave... Just that all 16 of them will have appeared on screen.

In this case they have basically said that one series of CMF's will be based on characters seen in the movie. .

I actually don't think so. I don't think that, say, series 12 or 13 will be based on the movie.

I actually believe we will have series 12/13 AND the movie series, just as much as they did with the olympic series.

I remember the post confirming LOTR as a theme saying that there would be more information on the CMF's. :wacko: But whatever. :shrug_oh_well: I'll always be skeptical when it comes to CMF's, as I love them and some of them either seem too good to be true or fake. I'll just wait until pictures before I fully believe anything, like I did with Series 11. :shrug_oh_well: I'm not saying it's fake, though. I'm just a bit skeptical.

I remember the post confirming LOTR as a theme saying that there would be more information on the CMF's. :wacko: But whatever. :shrug_oh_well: I'll always be skeptical when it comes to CMF's, as I love them and some of them either seem too good to be true or fake. I'll just wait until pictures before I fully believe anything, like I did with Series 11. :shrug_oh_well: I'm not saying it's fake, though. I'm just a bit skeptical.

I mean, it's on the official LEGO site. :look:

Additionally, the company’s line of collectible LEGO Minifigures will receive its first Hollywood makeover with a series inspired by “THE LEGO MOVIE” cast of 16 new and “new-again” LEGO characters.

Edited by just2good

Well, I hadn't seen it on LEGO.com. :blush: Forgive me for being skeptical. :blush:

How excited are you now that you know it's real? :grin:

Pretty excited! :laugh: I'm just hoping it's not a separate series, I don't think I can afford all of that! :tongue:

There's loads of possibilities for these, then. I'm also curious as to whether these will last the length of one wave normally does (If it's a separate line), or if they'll last the duration of the entire LEGO Movie theme.

This is of course all just speculation at this point, but I suspect that TLM CMF series, whether or not it will be officially branded as Series 12, will push the next regular non-TLM series to April-May. I think two concurrent series would seriously over-saturate market, and January is perfect timing to drum interest in the movie before the February premiere date.

This is of course all just speculation at this point, but I suspect that TLM CMF series, whether or not it will be officially branded as Series 12, will push the next regular non-TLM series to April-May. I think two concurrent series would seriously over-saturate market, and January is perfect timing to drum interest in the movie before the February premiere date.

I think if anything it will fill the role of series 13. We will get 12 and the next regular series will jump to 14. But this will not carry a label for 13.

If it fills one of the spots it will likely be series 12-13. Series 12 is a January release (December depending on country, I believe), just before the movie, and Series 13 in May (April in some countries, I believe.), a few months after the movie. I think Series 12 will be a more likely slot for it to fill, but time will tell what happens.

*EDITED*

Okie pokie. I've gone through both trailers and screenshots of the game and compiled as comprehensive a list of the minifigures from the Lego Movie world. Just for fun. I'm not saying in any way we'll be getting all of these in sets of CMF polybags. Anyhoo...

Johnny Thunder

Classic Wild West cavalryman

Classic blue spaceman

Classic castle soldier x5

Classic castle ghost

Classic town chef

NBA Allstars basketball player x3

CMF Gangster

CMF Vampire

CMF Hazmat suit guy

CMF Forestman

CMF Lady Liberty

CMF Egyptian Queen

CMF NYC Cop

CMF Mermaid (redux)

CMF Artist

CMF Diver

CMF Wrestler

CMF Tribal chief

CMF Magician

CMF Surgeon

CMF Clown

CMF Crash test dummy

CMF Punk rocker

CMF Lizard suit guy

CMF Mummy

CMF Lumberjack

Superman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

Batman

Ninjago Green Ninja

TMNT Michaelangelo

Misc. Cowboy x5

Farmer

Stovepipe hat President

Vitruvius

Wildstyle

Michaelangelo the artist

Hi-Viz jacket cop/security

Elizabethan playwrite

Jogger/Aerobics girl

Panda suit guy

Lord Business

Bad cop

Robot cop type 1

Robot cop type 2

Metalbeard

City Construction foreman

Construction worker

Emmet

Fireman

I lumped most of the cowboys together as they don't appear to be from any sets. They're all different though.

I don't recognise the castle soldiers either so as they seem to be identical I lumped them together. If I've made any glaring errors or you can recognise the one's I had trouble with LMK.

Edited by Jargo

Yeah my intiial thoughts were that he was a guy in a suit but that seemed off. Then I thought he might have a baseball cap on. And looking at his torso and the light colour of his legs I guess he could well be the CMF Lumberjack guy? But with that ridiculously large Fabuland axe instead of the cool one he came with.

I feel tentative basing too many character predictions for the CMF line off I the trailer. The movie may not even contain all of the characters shown and there may still be major characters that haven't been revealed. The joys of early speculation...:)

The movie may not even contain all of the characters shown and there may still be major characters that haven't been revealed. The joys of early speculation...:)

I don't think the major characters will be in the CMF line. They will be in the 17 regular sets. I think the cameos will met the CMF, though not all the ones mentioned in trailer will be. However, if there is not already an existing minifig of a character, it is likely to appear in either the sets or the CMF line. Otherwise kids could send their parents on a fruitless quest for the minifig they loved from the movie.

Hypothetically, I would say with the exception of TMNT Michaelangelo and the Superheroes, all the minifigs seen so far are fair game. Though new characters will likely take precedence over classic ones. As there is such a small number of classic minifigs I could see them being shoved in a set together similar to the recent TRU vintage minifigure collection.

of the characters to be CMF's Michaelangelo the artist, Stovepipe hat President, Hi-Viz jacket cop, Mermaid, Elizabethan playwrite, Panda suit guy and Jogger/aerobics girl seem most likely. Possibly one of the basketball players too.The vintage minifigs could fit in the CMF line I suppose though it's not something I'd like to see happen. but it would fill up slots in the assortment with the final places possibly taken by Wild west characters.

Vitruvius, Wildstyle, Emmet, Bad Cop, Lord Business, Robot cop type 1&2 and Metalbeard will undoubtedly be in regular construction sets.

There's just over six months until the film premieres. And decades worth of minifigure designs that could be utilised and added in to the mix. It'll be interesting to see how things develop by the next trailer. And see if anything new or exciting is forthcoming.

The TLM CMF series could likely be treated like the Olympic Athletes line. It was separate from the main line. The only difference would be it would be available everywhere and it would have 16 figs.

I'm really excited/worried/interested to see how LEGO does Vitruvius's lolly staff in the sets. Could be a special piece entirely, or could just be mocked up using existing parts. Let's just hope we don't get sticky, half-eaten lollies in our sets! :laugh:

I'm really excited/worried/interested to see how LEGO does Vitruvius's lolly staff in the sets. Could be a special piece entirely, or could just be mocked up using existing parts. Let's just hope we don't get sticky, half-eaten lollies in our sets! :laugh:

White pole with a green MF Moon Stone. :classic:

-Sci

White pole with a green MF Moon Stone. :classic:

-Sci

This. Considering we have yet to see a real LotR staff piece or Sensei Wu's bamboo staff as actual parts, I don't have high hopes for a specialized piece for this staff either.

Johnny Thunder

Classic Wild West cavalryman

Classic castle soldier x5

NBA Allstars basketball player x3

CMF Mermaid (redux)

CMF Diver

CMF Wrestler

CMF Surgeon

Superman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

Batman

Ninjago Green Ninja

TMNT Michaelangelo

Misc. Cowboy x5

Farmer

Stovepipe hat President

Vitruvius

Wildstyle

Michaelangelo the artist

Hi-Viz jacket cop/security

Elizabethan playwrite

Jogger/Aerobics girl

Panda suit guy

Lord Business

Bad cop

Robot cop type 1

Robot cop type 2

Metalbeard

City Construction foreman

Construction worker

Emmet

Fireman

The Stovepipe hat President is Abraham Lincoln. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanturn and TMNT Michelangelo? I think any licensed minifigs could not in the Special TLM CMF series.

I can't believe we're calling him "Stovepipe Hat President." I mean, that'd be like making a Jesus minifigure and calling him "Bearded Jewish Religious Figure." I know that minifigure names tend to be a little cute, so maybe "Honest Abe" would work better if we're trying to, I don't know, avoid offending the Lincoln estate. (I'm pretty sure Lincoln has no known surviving lineal descendants today.)

'We're' not calling him Stovepipe hat president, I am. You guys can call him Sexy Abe for all it matters.

I forgot to check IMDB. We can add 'Uni-kitty' and 'Finn' to the list. No idea who they are but they're in the cast list so might as well.

The Finn of The Lego Movie is voiced by a boy named Jadon Sand who did additional voices for Wreck-It Ralph. So I'm gonna guess it won't be the Finn from adventure time. Finn could be a human character or an animal (shark or fish?) or any number of bizarre things.