Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Fun fact:

The prologue takes place before Finn is born. Finn is 8 and a half years old. BTW, the commentary on this movie is hilarious. Did you know when the pig flies up above the train in the Wild West, when it falls it turns into sausage pieces?

Edited by Tolkien

Is the commentary only on the EIA edition? It wasn't worth it to me. 35 dollars at Target, about 50 at Barnes and Noble.

Fun fact:

The prologue takes place before Finn is born. Finn is 8 and a half years old. BTW, the commentary on this movie is hilarious. Did you know when the pig flies up above the train in the Wild West, when it falls it turns into sausage pieces?

I watched the commentary and noticed that. Also, when the golf ball attacks cloud cuckoo land, a tiki minifigure is flattened into a pile of tiles.

Is the commentary only on the EIA edition? It wasn't worth it to me. 35 dollars at Target, about 50 at Barnes and Noble.

The commentary should be on all the editions (well, except for downloads and streams). Every disc with a 2d version of the movie (Blu-ray and DVD alike) has the commentary. The 3d disc in the Everything is Awesome! release doesn't, but since that one also comes with both the 2d Blu-ray and the DVD, the total package still includes the commentary (twice, in fact).

It's actually currently $35.99 at Target (in the US), but they also have a couple of the sets, 70804 Ice Cream Machine and 70805 Trash Chomper, on sale for $25 each ($4.99 off the regular price), and if you buy either of them with any Blu-Ray edition of the movie (including the Everything Is Awesome edition), you save an additional $10 - so, both together for $50.99 + tax, which I think isn't bad at all. That's the one I went for - I don't even have a Blu-ray player yet, but I've been planning to get one for a while, and in the meantime I can still watch the DVD, and of course I got the Vitruvius minifigure and the other goodies this way as well. I still don't have most of the sets yet either, but I just picked up Trash Chomper along with the EIA edition of the movie, so I took advantage of the sale. It's like getting the set at its normal price, and the EIA movie release for $21 alongside it.

I thought the EIA edition didn't come with a DVD but a digital download? It's the only thing stopping me from getting it..

Also from the commentary:

Phil Lord said we will not be getting the Batwing from the movie.

Kind of disappointing, but understandable- just look at the fan recreation somewhere on this forum!

I thought the EIA edition didn't come with a DVD but a digital download? It's the only thing stopping me from getting it..

Got our EIA edition yesterday. As Blondie-Wan stated It includes DVD, BlueRay and BlueRay 3D, Download Coupon, Vitruvius minifigure and something that I haven't seen mentioned, a cool 3D plastic molded portrait of Emmit that stands up like a picture frame. AWESOME!

Edited by rockethead26

Got our EIA edition yesterday. As Blondie-Wan stated It includes DVD, BlueRay and BlueRay 3D, Download Coupon, Vitruvius minifigure and something that I haven't seen mentioned, a cool 3D plastic molded portrait of Emmit that stands up like a picture frame. AWESOME!

Yeppers! It has a total of four ways to watch the movie, plus the commentary on both the DVD and the 2d Blu-ray, plus a bunch of other supplements on the 2d Blu-ray. I've already watched the DVD twice now, first "straight" and then with the commentary (which is quite entertaining itself).

Target offers the 2-disc DVD edition in a vendor exclusive that has a children's activity book.

The commentary is amazingly funny. One thing I thought was really cute: in the last scene when Emmet and Lucy are holding hands, Benny flies around Uni-Kitty and they hug. Awwwww. Bennikitty fans unite! :grin_wub:

Edited by Tolkien

After getting the Lego Movie last week and watching it (ahem, three times over the past four days) I found myself really wishing Lego had made a set of the Copper Chopper from the first chase scene. I would love to give MOCing this bad boy a go but I am struggling to find images for it anywhere besides a fuzzy one from a poster. Sadly I am not much at screen grabs. Anyone have a better shot of the Chopper? Thanks!

The commentary is amazingly funny. One thing I thought was really cute: in the last scene when Emmet and Lucy are holding hands, Benny flies around Uni-Kitty and they hug. Awwwww. Bennikitty fans unite! :grin_wub:

What you mean in like, a shipping way?

Aren't they presumably of different ages...

I liked the commentary a lot (I just overlooked it since I didn't watch it on my own initially). Interestingly, Chris Miller confirms that the LEGO universe is real, and Emmet just gets transported into the human world, The running gag of making a sandwich and taking a break made me chuckle as it went on, and Pratt's claiming to be the visual effects supervisor was pretty funny, too. And the cast's caring more about what their characters were doing rather than what was happening in the film (such as Alison Brie pointing out Astro Kitty in the middle of the SPACESHIP! scene.)

Why is this topic dead? We've got an exclusive to whine about! And a preview of a January set! They're really milking this theme...

https://www.yahoo.co...2080976622.html

I don't like Demon Kitty, but I hope Batman's face is like it appears in the Movie. How does the expression-changing Kitty work? Is it real LEGO or a novelty item?

Edited by 8BrickMario

Why is this topic dead? We've got exclusives to whine about!

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-collector-uni-kitty-star-wars-lego-comic-con-92080976622.html

I don't mind missing Demon Kitty, but I hope Batman's face isn't like it appears in the Movie. How does the exp<b></b>ression-changing Kitty work? Is it real LEGO or a novelty item?

The Angry Kitty set is not an SDCC exclusive, but rather a set they're revealing there that's due for release in January. Which is great! It means more LEGO Movie sets in 2015!

I'm guessing the Unikitty exclusive's face is just a 1x3 brick printed on both sides, which is a bit odd. Might not work in certain displays.

I corrected myself. Odd that they're continuing the theme into 2015. I love it, but still, the movie will have come out nearly a year ago.

I corrected myself. Odd that they're continuing the theme into 2015. I love it, but still, the movie will have come out nearly a year ago.

With as wildly successful as it's been, I wouldn't be surprised if it has at least as much momentum as some other licensed themes like Cars 2. Additionally, it's possible that having at least a few sets on store shelves might help help bolster further home media sales, since the movie will remain in the public eye.

Lego didn't break enough lines yet, so they had to break The Lego Movie with exclusives, too.

Great job. When Comic Con is over, I might have lost fun in all lines! That's the way to go!

It's only one Unikitty, with a badly-designed double face.

Badly-designed? I mean, yes, she hypothetically has a face visible on both sides, but they're GORGEOUS face prints and, at least in photos, you'd only ever see one face unless you're photographing her with a mirror in the shot. And did you notice she has printed eyebrows? That makes for the first time the 1x3 plate has been printed, and on both sides no less!

I'm hoping I might have a chance to buy that secondhand even though I know it'll likely be out of my price range. At the very least, maybe we'll see more variations in the other sets next year!

Edited by Lyichir

Lego didn't break enough lines yet, so they had to break The Lego Movie with exclusives, too.

Great job. When Comic Con is over, I might have lost fun in all lines! That's the way to go!

If the idea of not owning everything in a line is enough to make you lose interest in the line, you're probably taking your LEGO hobby too seriously.

I was a BIONICLE fan, and it was well-understood in that community that owning everything was not going to be a realistic goal for most people. Even if you bought every set, even if you got every single blind-packaged collectible, there were things like the gold or platinum masks given away as sweepstakes prizes which most fans would never have an opportunity to own. And you know what? Most people just accepted reality as it was and bought only as many sets and collectibles as they were personally willing to pay for. They didn't get bitter about the fact that other people might own things they didn't. After all, it's not like they'd be any better off if those things they were missing were never produced or distributed in the first place.

So I will never understand why for some LEGO fans, the idea of not owning every LEGO minifigure produced in a theme ruins a collection forever. If you decide you can't have a 100% complete collection on your LEGO budget, just don't make a 100% complete collection a goal of yours. Problem solved.

Edited by Aanchir

The printed 1x3 is great, but 1x1 plates have had printing in the Minecraft sets. I love the face prints, but If I were to ever own one, I would prefer two brick-and plate sets rather than a two-faced Kitty.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Yes! More sets in January! With grappling guns and more kitties! Cannot wait.

On the other hand. Exclusive. UNI-KITTY.

:cry3:

everything isn't awesome....

Why is this topic dead? We've got an exclusive to whine about! And a preview of a January set! They're really milking this theme...

https://www.yahoo.co...2080976622.html

I don't like Demon Kitty, but I hope Batman's face is like it appears in the Movie. How does the expression-changing Kitty work? Is it real LEGO or a novelty item?

The one Unikitty that's the normal style but a different expression and it has to be a Comic-Con Exclusive? Can we make some decals that resemble it instead?

But the fact the line will continue into 2015 supposedly is great! Though, the shown set doesn't have the most going for it besides a new Unikitty (which they should really release the brick model of, and this would have been a good time to it) and Batman's weapons (assuming he isn't a slightly new release himself). Here's hoping we get more interesting TLM sets, because if freaking PIXAR Cars can get sets in a year without a movie, than so can LEGO's own movie!

If the idea of not owning everything in a line is enough to make you lose interest in the line, you're probably taking your LEGO hobby too seriously.

I was a BIONICLE fan, and it was well-understood in that community that owning everything was not going to be a realistic goal for most people. Even if you bought every set, even if you got every single blind-packaged collectible, there were things like the gold or platinum masks given away as sweepstakes prizes which most fans would never have an opportunity to own. And you know what? Most people just accepted reality as it was and bought only as many sets and collectibles as they were personally willing to pay for. They didn't get bitter about the fact that other people might own things they didn't. After all, it's not like they'd be any better off if those things they were missing were never produced or distributed in the first place.

So I will never understand why for some LEGO fans, the idea of not owning every LEGO minifigure produced in a theme ruins a collection forever. If you decide you can't have a 100% complete collection on your LEGO budget, just don't make a 100% complete collection a goal of yours. Problem solved.

It was nearly feasible for CMs until they introduced freaking Mr. Gold :sceptic:

Toy Story I think you can 100% collect feasibly.

Based on the SDCC reveal of a new Angry Kitty, Batman, and skeletron, I'm curious what the main build of the set will be. I figure it has to be from the end of the film based on the minifigs, but is it gonna be a larger scale TAKOS? The Infinitieth Floor scene with Business and Emmet with a capped Kragle? Bricksville town square environment for Taco Tuesday, complete with a dry cleaner and Overpriced Coffee Chain store? Maybe it's a buttload of micromanagers. I can't wait to see!