just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

10233374706_4cf49ac10e.jpgQO5C2788-500x333.jpg

I really like the way the happy face looks with the helmet on! It looks perfect! Also, maybe its just me, but the helmet looks more rounded then the one that they showed at SDCC? I think it definitely looks better this way, and its really growing on me.

I like the new Nightwing, except that red strip should be blue correct ? :look:

No, this is the new 52 version, in which he is red:

20111128185138!Nightwing---new-52-135276-530-409.jpg

Flash looks excellent now. It looks like they made the helmet as small as they possibly could, and honestly the helmet solution is far better than if it was just a head. If it was just a head, we wouldn't have got the excellent yellow lighting bolt/wing things, full facial expressions, or two facial expressions. With the helmet, we do have all of those things, and really it looks quite nice.

Nightwing looks pretty nice too, but I find Batgirl a little overly detailed compared to previous figures in the line, especially Bat-family figures.

I do still think that this year we might see a Wayne Manor. I still think there is an exclusive set to be revealed, and a Wayne Manor at a £70 price point would be a very good set to be that exclusive. It would also make up for all the attention Marvel is getting this year.

I do still think that this year we might see a Wayne Manor. I still think there is an exclusive set to be revealed, and a Wayne Manor at a £70 price point would be a very good set to be that exclusive. It would also make up for all the attention Marvel is getting this year.

Man, screw that price point! We want a HUGE Lego exclusive Wayne Manor, like the Arkam Asylum set! I think the exclusive set will be the same price as the Funhouse set, not 70.

I’m not sure where all the hype for a Wayne Manor comes from—I can’t find any reason why it should be made at all. Really, the most interesting thing about Wayne Manor is that the Batcave is under it. There would be very limited play features unlike Arkham, as well as a cast of characters who would mostly be re-runs aside from Alfred. Even including some new villains (Or more likely old ones) to create a story would be strange since there's nothing going on at the Manor, all the action is beneath it; hence Lego has little to no incentive to create the building, especially when their current Batcave could not support the manor above it (ala Jabba’s Palace/Rancor Pit). There are far better sets that could, and should, be made before Wayne Manor (Which I don't think we'll ever get, nor personally really need actually).

Man, screw that price point! We want a HUGE Lego exclusive Wayne Manor, like the Arkam Asylum set! I think the exclusive set will be the same price as the Funhouse set, not 70.

Eh, it's very unusual for a licensed theme to get two D2Cs, let alone in a two year span (of course, besides Star Wars). If this theme lasts for at least five years, I'm sure we'd see another D2C on the fifth year. It's not completely unlikely for a retail exclusive to be $70, as a recent example is the Chima Croc Swap Lair. Heck, if LEGO is as confident as they are with Star Wars, we could see a $90 retail exclusive for Toys"R"Us.

For an exclusive set, I'd prefer some kind of villainous hideout, even if LEGO have to make it up, it would work if a major villain stayed there. Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl could launch an ambush to foil some kind of evil plans.

I’m not sure where all the hype for a Wayne Manor comes from—I can’t find any reason why it should be made at all. Really, the most interesting thing about Wayne Manor is that the Batcave is under it. There would be very limited play features unlike Arkham, as well as a cast of characters who would mostly be re-runs aside from Alfred. Even including some new villains (Or more likely old ones) to create a story would be strange since there's nothing going on at the Manor, all the action is beneath it; hence Lego has little to no incentive to create the building, especially when their current Batcave could not support the manor above it (ala Jabba’s Palace/Rancor Pit). There are far better sets that could, and should, be made before Wayne Manor (Which I don't think we'll ever get, nor personally really need actually).

Well they could do a Ra's Al Ghul set taking place in Wayne Manor like in Batman Begins. They could do a set where Bane attacks Bruce Wayne as it happened in the comics. They could do a set where Mr Freeze ambushes Wayne Manor as it happened in The New Batman Adventures. Plus there was a handful of episodes of Batman Beyond that took place at Wayne Manor.

A simple facade with a study, an entrance and a library with some sort of hidden batcave entrance, throw in any of those villains I mentioned and add some some play features like hidden space behind pictures, falling beams and whatnot. Throw in Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake and Alfred and you have a pretty neat playset.

Edited by strangely

Well they could do a Ra's Al Ghul set taking place in Wayne Manor like in Batman Begins. They could do a set where Bane attacks Bruce Wayne as it happened in the comics. They could do a set where Mr Freeze ambushes Wayne Manor as it happened in The New Batman Adventures. Plus there was a handful of episodes of Batman Beyond that took place at Wayne Manor.

A simple facade with a study, an entrance and a library with some sort of hidden batcave entrance, throw in any of those villains I mentioned and add some some play features like hidden space behind pictures, falling beams and whatnot. Throw in Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake and Alfred and you have a pretty neat playset.

There really is no need for a Wayne Manor set. I've said before that an X-mansion would be best as people can easily use it as Wayne manor, while giving us a ton of useful new Exculsive figures. On top of that the X-mansion is a constant location that has served as a battle ground, and all of its defense features make good play features. Another reason we don't need a Wayne Manor is because we already have 4 Hogwarts castles that have extensions, and they can easily be made to look like Wayne Manor.

Also including Bane makes the set even more relevant because as said by someone else, the most interesting part of the manor is the Batcave and the Batcave is a seperate set that already includes Bane.

NIGHTWING! awesome, I've been waiting for this guy and he looks great, the only thing I'd change is the hair to the Mutt Williams hair in black, then he'd be perfect!

I think we need a better batcave for the D2C, if they went with a D2C DC set. I'd prefer an X-Mansion but I would love to see a batcave like Jim Lee's

43b52345e1bf455a22d2280264d13ac1fe85ff1b-jimlee_batcave.jpg

Edited by Moon_Knight

Yeah for a D2C a X Mansion would be great but if we get another batman one at some point then why not a bat cave as it is so important. The one we got could be better but it is too soon for another one.

There really is no need for a Wayne Manor set. I've said before that an X-mansion would be best as people can easily use it as Wayne manor, while giving us a ton of useful new Exculsive figures. On top of that the X-mansion is a constant location that has served as a battle ground, and all of its defense features make good play features. Another reason we don't need a Wayne Manor is because we already have 4 Hogwarts castles that have extensions, and they can easily be made to look like Wayne Manor.

Also including Bane makes the set even more relevant because as said by someone else, the most interesting part of the manor is the Batcave and the Batcave is a seperate set that already includes Bane.

The point of my post was to say what they could do with a Wayne manor, if one were to ever be made because everyone acts like nothing ever happens there. It is important in the Batman world and one of the few constant locations we see. Wayne manor is as relevant in Batman's world as the X-mansion is in the Xmen's world. And Hogwarts shares little in common with Wayne manor. Also the scale of the Wayne manor I was describing would be something in the $60 range and just a small playset, honestly I don't need a $120 set because it wouldn't reach the scale of Wayne manor anyway. I would like the set as a jumping off point for a bigger build, and as a way to get civilian versions of the Bat-family as it seems unlikely we'd get them any other way. I would like the X-mansion, but personally I would rather see an X-jet over the X-mansion any day.

And for anyone using the logic of "it's the batcave that makes Wayne manor relevant" I could easily argue it's Cerebro and the lab underneath the X-mansion that makes it relevant. All in all X-mansion and Wayne manor are the same thing just in different comic universes. What it bowls down to is do people want DC or Marvel. I'm not saying one is better than the other or that we need one more than the other, I was just listing options for what could be done and defending it's relevancy as a location in it's respective universe.

And I think the main clamor for Wayne manor is because we get few actual buildings in the Batman theme and mostly get vehicles. I would like to build up the city which is so far comprised of a bank, a batcave and an asylum. If the DC line is going to focus on Gotham I expect notable Gotham locations instead of villains riding around in tacky vehicles that make no sense (Dragsters, tow-trucks and mole machines really don't fit with the villains they're paired with). Granted I feel the same way for the Marvel side of things too. In the end Lego needs to expand their line.

Price points for the march sets can be found here

http://www.neoape.co...2014/#more-3141

76010 The Penguin Face Off – $12.99

76011 Man-Bat Attack – $19.99

76012 The Riddler Chase – $29.99

76013 The Joker Steam-Roller – $59.99

76014 Spider-Man Set 1 – €14,99 / $12.99

76015 Spider-Man Set 2 – €24,99 / $19.99

76016 Spider-Man Set 3 – €48,99 / $49.99

76017 Avengers Set 1 – $19.99

76018 Avengers Set 2 – $59.99

Edited by Marvelfan120

Price points for the march sets can be found here

http://www.neoape.co...2014/#more-3141

76010 The Penguin Face Off – $12.99

76011 Man-Bat Attack – $19.99

76012 The Riddler Chase – $29.99

76013 The Joker Steam-Roller – $59.99

76014 Spider-Man Set 1 – €14,99 / $12.99

76015 Spider-Man Set 2 – €24,99 / $19.99

76016 Spider-Man Set 3 – €48,99 / $49.99

76017 Avengers Set 1 – $19.99

76018 Avengers Set 2 – $59.99

Is 76017 Avengers Set 1 actually the CA: WS set?

By the way, the one 50$ set for marvel probably means we'll get a 50$ set for DC at some point next year!

The point of my post was to say what they could do with a Wayne manor, if one were to ever be made because everyone acts like nothing ever happens there. It is important in the Batman world and one of the few constant locations we see. Wayne manor is as relevant in Batman's world as the X-mansion is in the Xmen's world. And Hogwarts shares little in common with Wayne manor. Also the scale of the Wayne manor I was describing would be something in the $60 range and just a small playset, honestly I don't need a $120 set because it wouldn't reach the scale of Wayne manor anyway. I would like the set as a jumping off point for a bigger build, and as a way to get civilian versions of the Bat-family as it seems unlikely we'd get them any other way. I would like the X-mansion, but personally I would rather see an X-jet over the X-mansion any day.

And for anyone using the logic of "it's the batcave that makes Wayne manor relevant" I could easily argue it's Cerebro and the lab underneath the X-mansion that makes it relevant. All in all X-mansion and Wayne manor are the same thing just in different comic universes. What it bowls down to is do people want DC or Marvel. I'm not saying one is better than the other or that we need one more than the other, I was just listing options for what could be done and defending it's relevancy as a location in it's respective universe.

And I think the main clamor for Wayne manor is because we get few actual buildings in the Batman theme and mostly get vehicles. I would like to build up the city which is so far comprised of a bank, a batcave and an asylum. If the DC line is going to focus on Gotham I expect notable Gotham locations instead of villains riding around in tacky vehicles that make no sense (Dragsters, tow-trucks and mole machines really don't fit with the villains they're paired with). Granted I feel the same way for the Marvel side of things too. In the end Lego needs to expand their line.

I would argue against the majority of the X-mansion stuff happening below ground, but it would stray a lot of topic.

I agree that LEGO needs to expand their line but if anything Batman is not the way forward. The DC side of the theme is already more than enough Batman heavy. In the two years (three if you include next year) we've had only 4 non Batman sets, all of them Superman. Plus Batman has already had two Exclusives being the Fun house and Arkham. By releasing a Wayne manor set LEGO won't be expanding they will be doing exactly the same as the last two years.

Also while I agree Marvel are getting a bit more attention, I don't think they shouldn't be given the next exclusive because of this. It's only fair that the next D2C set is Marvel since DC had the last one.

Plus while the Vehicle vs Vehicle thing is getting boring, their are many more interesting places than Wayne Manor, like the Hall of Justice.

Wayne Manor won't really bring anything new to the table, maybe Tim Drake, Alfred and a new villain, but do we really need it? Tim Drake isn't exactly the most need Minifigure right now, and any new villain ( Croc, Ras, whatever ) will most likely be included elsewhere in a cheaper set anyway. At that point the only character worth getting the set for is Alfred which isn't really worth it.

Exclusive spots should really be held for more special and rare designs. I think giving a D2C slot or a retailer exclusive slot to the Manor is a huge waste. Especially when compared to everything else we could get. If we were to get an X - mansion or Hall of Justice or whatever, there's a chance that almost every figure could be new. Now something like that really is unique and in my opinion becomes worthy of that slot.

I think giving a D2C slot or a retailer exclusive slot to the Manor is a huge waste.

I agree, I didn't say it should be an exclusive set. It should be a regular set at a smaller price point, $60 or less, a facade with a couple of play features. And when I talk about expanding the line I mostly mean in terms of building style, locations instead of vehicles. The DC side probably won't move away from Batman for quite some time just because of his continuing popularity, so I really don't entertain that idea in my mind at present because it won't happen now. My point is that if we're going to get Batman/Gotham based stuff it should be locations rather than ill-fitting vehicles that are all remarkably dull. When Batman's popularity winds down then I'm sure Lego will shift the focus, but until then they won't budge.

When Batman's popularity winds down then I'm sure Lego will shift the focus, but until then they won't budge.

I'm sure Batman's popularity won't wind down anytime soon (At least character wise, Lego wise that's starting to happen, though I'm sure most kids are fine with it). I don't think Lego will shift their focus until they realize that the other 99% of DC characters are also popular, which going at the rate of current JLA members made may be a few decades :hmpf: .

Anyways, I'm a bit surprised at the prices--I figured the Riddler chase would be the $20 one, though I'm fine with that shifiting to the Man-Bat set. So far, Lego seems to rock at making $20 sets lately (If only they could put more into the other ones too!).

Edited by Captain Nemo

^ yeah more buildings please less vehicles would be great

edit: replying to strangely

Edited by SMC

Is 76017 Avengers Set 1 actually the CA: WS set?

By the way, the one 50$ set for marvel probably means we'll get a 50$ set for DC at some point next year!

Yes it iss supposed.to be. kris.described it as.Cap.and. a bike, a scond figure ( maybe Falcon, TWs Eidoe, or Crossbones) and Winter Soldier with a green truck, My guess is Widow.since we are supposed to get. falcon in the second. Avengeds set

I'm sure Batman's popularity won't wind down anytime soon (At least character wise, Lego wise that's starting to happen, though I'm sure most kids are fine with it). I don't think Lego will shift their focus until they realize that the other 99% of DC characters are also popular, which going at the rate of current JLA members made may be a few decades :hmpf: .

I agree with you. Batman is popular because he always has been and because of the movies and cartoons of course. Ironman has probably been the biggest Marvel hero in 2013 for kids because of the Iron Man movies, The Avengers, and the Avengers Assemble television show. We won't see sets that don't include Batman until DC's characters start getting big, which probably won't be until they have a Flash movie or a Wonder Woman movie but who knows if that will even happen. Warner Bros. needs to grow a pair and realize that people want the JLA even though Green Lantern wasn't the best. Call me crazy but I didn't mind Green Lantern like the rest of the world seemed to.

Anyways, way excited for these new sets coming out. The prices don't look too bad either. I'm okay with the most expensive set being $59.99

Edited by Moon_Knight

I for one wouldn't mind more expensive sets...

Also while I'm aware of batman's popularity he's (as some of you may have figured out) not my favorite DC hero... I'm really excited to see the flash and would pay big bucks for any set with Arrow, TV or comic version.

Overall I'm happy with the marvel sets but can't wait for a good D2C set