just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

That's exactly what I was thinking! :sweet: I'm hoping the dark minifig is Red Skull and that Hulk will have a different facial expression and purple pants! Looking forward to this set!

Everything else sound very meh so far as it sounds like we'll be getting a lot of repeats, but I'll stay open minded until I see some pictures myself.

This is what Hulk and Falcon might look like (although I hope Falcon will comes with hair like in the videogame):

300xNxMarvel-Universe-Avengers-Assemble-1-LEGO-Variant-Cover-386x500.jpg.pagespeed.ic.v7GYjlbiJx.jpg

Well, the way I see it, 76013 is the steamroller set, with the "truck" being the steamroller and the "Scarecrow" being Joker. I can see how one could mistake Joker for Scarecrow since they both have a lightly colored head and a hat. And 76011 is likely the Man Bat set with the black shark-shaped vehicle being the Batcopter. It probably looked like it was underwater because it was supposed to be flying.

Those must have been some really blurry pics! :laugh:

Alright, thanks mate, I really was wondering what the heck was going on. :wink:

I really thought they would have offered at least 1 X-men set. Seems that I will have to get the previous one eventually. Luckily Hulk comes in another set because the one he was in wasn't that interesting.

These are only the ones coming out in March. The X-Men sets are coming out later in the year with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Edited by wesker

These are only the ones coming out in March. The X-Men sets are coming out later in the year with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Are we sure about that? Seems like Lego is passing the 6 set limit.

Awesome, It's nice to hear some new news. I do find it strange releasing 9 sets as the overall cost will be mad, The first January wave was £230ish (including fun house) and this January's wave came to £250 so im guessing all the spider man sets and the cap set will be tiny....

BTW kris, You may have heard us discussing MODOK as the big-headed character. Do you remember if the big head man resembles this?

1379805_586814618042175_554470277_n.jpg

Edited by The Joker1

Anybody else want to bet that Hulk is going to have purple pants so those of us who have the movie version will buy the new one to get the more accurate Hulk...

Anybody else want to bet that Hulk is going to have purple pants so those of us who have the movie version will buy the new one to get the more accurate Hulk...

As far as I remember the Hulk in the cartoon show has tan pants like Movie Hulk, but even if they are making him a variation, it´s the fault of the people that bought the carrier set that they just couldn´t wait for a better set/fig design.

Or did anybody really believe LEGO wouldn´t release one of the main characters of one of the most grossing movies a second time?

That picture of Modok looks like it could be him. I think a lot of people have made some good points though. There is a good chance that we'll see Marvel sets based on the tv shows and not on the movies. I hope that's not true.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Maybe the brick-built character was Mysterio? I'm almost 99% sure it's MODOK, but Mysterio would definitely be the runner-up. I say so because Myterio's head is round and sort-of large. Couldn't Sandy cheeks bowl piece be used for Mysterio? Also, considering how much these sets do resemble last/this years sets, I'm think the big headed character could be Loki. I may be way off, but a lab with 4 minifigs, 1 being Hulk, the other being Thor, and a "black hooded figure", I can't help thinking the big head is Loki, and that maybe Hawkeye wore a hood in preliminary images. The captain America set released this year had cap vs. 2 alien soldiers, however his description said they wore olive green, and the soldiers were a peachish color in my opinion. No where near green. Maybe we will get MODOK. Which would make this wave a lot more interesting.

Edited by Freddy Bricker

Not impressed by that list whatsoever. :sceptic:

I only hope they are saving the good sets for summer, (Cap 2, ASM etc). Coming post film might have been decided so they can have better set designs and not be limited because of spoilers. On the other hand, they might just skip ASM and only would have released that CC fig this year, which was the best Spider-man fig to date. :hmpf_bad:

Anyone overall kindof dissapoined by the marvel superheroes theme? when it was announced it had all the promise, but it's ended up as a tv series lisence with all kindof "meh" sets, and weird versions of the minifigures?

Atleast the quinjet and jeep were good.

Anyone overall kindof dissapoined by the marvel superheroes theme? when it was announced it had all the promise, but it's ended up as a tv series lisence with all kindof "meh" sets, and weird versions of the minifigures?

Yeah, I mean, I'd much rather have sets based on the films. I'm still hopeful though, as the Avengers set with Cap in it may be a CA:TWS set, and that the preliminary just has the logo as a place holder. As someone pointed out on YouTube, the other figure could be Falcon and the green guy can be a villain, and it could be a $20 set.

In the end though, I'm very happy that we're at least getting GotG sets.

Edited by just2good

I actually don't mind the lack of movie based sets. Maybe its just me but I found this year's Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel line up to be pretty lackluster. Everything apart from the two large sets felt like filler and there were too many repetitive characters. Plus did anyone seriously want Trevor Slattery's Golf Cart of Doom after seeing the film?

I'm happy for more comic/cartoon sets if it means better quality models and a better selection of characters.

Yeah, I mean, I'd much rather have sets based on the films. I'm still hopeful though, as the Avengers set with Cap in it may be a CA:TWS set, and that the preliminary just has the logo as a place holder. As someone pointed out on YouTube, the other figure could be Falcon and the green guy can be a villain, and it could be a $20 set.

In the end though, I'm very happy that we're at least getting GotG sets.

Well from set pics, the Winter Soldier's out fit appears to be green or dark green, so he could be it pluse TWS version of Black Widow or Flacon

I like other posters wish for more sets based on more stuff but in the end I'm just glad we have this line at all... The only other lines I collect are star wars and LOTR/Hobbit but they get boring after awhile. It would be nice for lego to branch out into other areas of fiction that I enjoy but the harry potter ship has sailed and everything else I like are not likely to be made by lego. I guess what I'm trying to say is if what we want is more we'll never be satisfied, so I'm going to try to be happy with what we get and hopefully this line will be expanded in 2015 and not lost all together *cringe*

I`m not a Super Heroes fan but I`ve seen some blurry pictures of new sets:

Avengers logo on box

76018 - biggest set. Some kind of laboratory - 4 minifigs (Hulk for sure, Thor, one guy with wings and one with black hood) and strange "brick-built-minifig" with very big head (looks like minifig head but much bigger)

76017 - three minifigs (Cpt America for sure, two other guys - one is green) - olive green vehicle and motorcycle for Cpt America.

Spiderman logo on box

76016 - Flying vehicle with two rotors, Spider man, other minifig and big (brick build olive green/green monster?)

76015 - Spider, Octopus, other guy and a car

76014 - Spider on some kind of tricycle, and other guy (green torso, yellow hands and yellow legs)

Batman logo on the box

76013 - black plane and truck - 5 minifigures (hard to tell - Batman, Robin, Scarecrow(?) ant two others.

76012 - same like in first post.

76011 - black vehicle looks like a shark and two minifigures (looks like it`s placed under water)

76010 - small set - Batman and Penguin (in some of yellow duck vehicle)

All sets in march.

Thanks for the infornation! The Marvel Wave sounds actually pretty interesting to me, although I won't buy anything, It still sounds like a lot of new minifigs from the MCU, USM and AA so some diverstiy. I'm also interested by the fact that there are only 5 sets listed for Marvel so I predicted we'll be getting a large Marvel Exclsuive next year, mosty likely the X-Mansion for all the X-Men fans out there. Still, we could be getting the X-Mansion as apart of the 2013 line up and a possible GOTG set next year or another CA: WS set, who knows!

Atleast the quinjet and jeep were good.

I would expand that to the entire theme, including DC. It looks like there will only be 7 Marvel sets next year, 1 X-men, 1 GotG plus those mentioned earlier. If the license has terms for equal sets between DC/Marvel, the extra set next year would make up for the missing one this year. The other 2 DC sets would then be either summer, or retailer exclusives.

I again think TLG is following a 2 year cycle with D2C sets, with one coming next in 2015. I don't think the X-mansion is likely at all. LEGO does not like to include large amounts of exclusive characters in D2C sets. Even the Death Star, the one with the most figs for a exclusive only had a handful of new characters included. I also think the X-mansion would be too similar to the Arkham set on shelves and they would want to make the D2C for Marvel something different.

The Avengers cartoon is more classic and 1 billion-gahzillion times cooler than any of the movies. All the movies make everyone look the same--too busy. LEGO and the classic colors are made for each other like peanut butter and jelly.

If we get a MODOK, I will be ecstatic. This whole theme just got a bit more interesting to me...seems I may be in the minority, though? I'd suggest waiting to see the minifigs and builds before jumping to conclusions.

So here are my thoughts expanded

76018- Avengers Assemble set, Falcon ( hopefully with separate molded so he's not is flight mode all the time), the Hulk( he will have a diffrent face print), Thor (with Helmet) Red Skull or Malekith (the hood could be a stand in for Malekith's hair) and MODOK ( no doubt about him, he's the only charcter with a large head)

76017- TWS Set TWS Cap on a bike, second character could be TWS Black Widow or Crossbones, and Winter Soldier, his costume is green in the movie.

76016- USM set 1 Goblin with the Goblin Glider, which i'm sure they''s give him and maybe other vehicle is a shield jet from the show. so Spidey, maybe Agent Coulson and Goblin.

76015- Ock could be season two, this could be the season 2 opener with Ock Spidey and Lizard or Power Man or White Tiger

76014- Sounds like Spidey vs Electro ( he's the only one how has yellow and green, also the vidoe game Electro has no boot/ leg printing)

So here are my thoughts expanded

76018- Avengers Assemble set, Falcon ( hopefully with separate molded so he's not is flight mode all the time), the Hulk( he will have a diffrent face print), Thor (with Helmet) Red Skull or Malekith (the hood could be a stand in for Malekith's hair) and MODOK ( no doubt about him, he's the only charcter with a large head)

76017- TWS Set TWS Cap on a bike, second character could be TWS Black Widow or Crossbones, and Winter Soldier, his costume is green in the movie.

76016- USM set 1 Goblin with the Goblin Glider, which i'm sure they''s give him and maybe other vehicle is a shield jet from the show. so Spidey, maybe Agent Coulson and Goblin.

76015- Ock could be season two, this could be the season 2 opener with Ock Spidey and Lizard or Power Man or White Tiger

76014- Sounds like Spidey vs Electro ( he's the only one how has yellow and green, also the vidoe game Electro has no boot/ leg printing)

If we get Coulson and power man or white tiger, I'll be very happy! Also glad to see so many new villains

Is Coulson in USM? Googling it he appears to be. He originated in the MCU though. I guess they borrowed him.

Is Coulson in USM? Googling it he appears to be. He originated in the MCU though. I guess they borrowed him.

Yeah, he was created for the MCU, then he became a fan favorite and Marvel put him in comics and everything. And yes, after Spidey joined SHIELD, Fury tricked out Midtown high with shield security and placed Coulson as priciple

TLG can't win! First we complain about lack of Marvel Comic stuff and now there is whining about lack of movie stuff!

Well it's the cartoon we complain about. Classic spiderman comic designs are better than USM cartoon designs usually.

And prices in Polish currency if you like to compare with other Superheroes sets in Polish S@H.

76018 - 270 zl (same price as 6868 in Polish S@H, and probably similar piece count)

76016 - 200 zl

76017 - 100 zl

76015 - 100 zl

76014 - 70 zl

76013 - 270 zl

76012 - 150 zl

76011 - 100 zl

76010 - 70 zl