just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Actually he's not. I've said the same thing and other have to. I have no problem with Lego rewarding fans with special exclusives for making a trip. I'm planning on going next year to SDCC and hope I can get something for me and the boys. It's the elitists that are making this such a big deal.

So what you're saying is you're willing to stand in line for about 6 hours (maybe more due to hype) in a lego raffle line rather than actually exploring and obtaining the SDCC experience with your kids? Even if I was able to go to SDCC, I would still want go for other things besides just for Lego. There is also Kreo exclusives (There is still a market for those), Mega Bloks, probably visit the Dark Horse booth, maybe the Hasbro booth, and not to mention all the exclusive interviews Q&A. Edited by Kire

I am scared the exclusive will be cyborg or another JL minifigure. For the hair they can use Cyrus Borgs hair and just print on the rest.

PLEASE NOT CYBORG

No way is it going to be Cyborg. If Lego is continuing to go the New 52 route, then having Cyborg as an exclusive is like having Green Lantern as an exclusive, right?

Wait....

I think there's a pretty good chance of that variant of Rocket appearing later - maybe as a poly or maybe even in a set. Remember there are still rumors of an animated Guardians of the Galaxy show (with artwork based on the MCU). LEGO already makes Ultimate Spider-man and Avengers Assemble sets. Since the line is evergreen now, it's not like the movie is the last time to promote/make GotG sets in the foreseeable future with the cartoon coming soon :)

Isn't The Collector's cape just like a Dementor's cape but white instead of black?

It is Worriz cape from Chima.

The Rocket Raccoon minifigure isn't really accurate. In the movie he has a jumpsuit with a centered badge without sleeves, not a jacket with grey stripes on his sleeves. I'm still mad that the official version is a SDCC exclusive, but I'm more mad about the Collector.

I am scared the exclusive will be cyborg or another JL minifigure. For the hair they can use Cyrus Borgs hair and just print on the rest.

PLEASE NOT CYBORG

I´m sorry but he will be in Lego Batman 3 and they probably will try to get his figure out before the game hits shelves but Lego is unable to make new sets in time so he has to be sacrificed. At least we have Martian Manhunter and Hawk Girl to look forward to.

I´m sorry but he will be in Lego Batman 3 and they probably will try to get his figure out before the game hits shelves but Lego is unable to make new sets in time so he has to be sacrificed. At least we have Martian Manhunter and Hawk Girl to look forward to.

Can't it be Batman or Robin in their suits in the game? Why do they have to be original characters? Why Lego?

Edited by TheLegoExperience

Now I'm pretty sure that all these minifigs are like the Azog last year, with them being released later. Unikitty could be in a set released in 2015 like the other LEGO Movie set. Bard in a Hobbit 3 set and who knows, we might have the Collector in a new GotG set based on the new show they're making.

Yep.....the entitlement that people shouldn't have something because everyone else can't have it is silly. The more anger I read on here just warms my heart. It's not the fact that these figs aren't available to the public, they are on a second hand market, it's the cost associated with getting them. Which is why they are intended as a gift to those attending. That doesn't entitle everyone to have one. I'd like to have a Green Lantern, black suit Superman, or Green Arrow as much as the next guy and I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO GET THEM. But again, cost is an issue. It'd still be cheaper than a flight, hotel, rental car, admission and everything else associated with being LUCKY enough to get them. So to those that can get them, good luck and enjoy......or sell them. Someone will complain about it, but will still end up buying it because either "they have to have it" or, just want it. People on here sound like children because some other kid got a toy and they didn't so they will kick and scream on an Internet forum raging about Lego is an evil corporation. And as we tell children, just wanting it doesn't mean you get everything you want. Save your pennies, it'll get you closer to getting your figs than venting here about it.

Or, you know, people who would've really liked a chance to get those figs without going broke. Not all of us have the opportunity to go to Comic con. Especially people who don't even live in the US. I was actually supposed to go this year but things change. Does that make me more upset about these figs? Probably. Is my anger and everyone elses on here justified though? I think so. And as you'll notice, most people okay with these exclusive figs are the people that have the money to buy them online or are able to go.

I don't have the money to just buy these figs, and I'm still ok with it. I'm just open minded enough to realize what they were.....a gift.

Wow very interesting looking sets I am not into marvel or DC but man I just love them in lego form heh I would love to have that spider man set in my collection.

This whole system is like society these days: reward the rich and connected, ignore the faithful.

The rich: anyone who can afford to fly from other countries to SDCC, and anyone who can afford scalpers prices.

The connected: anyone living in San Diego. And possibly any lego employees who want a figure...

The faithful: Anyone who has ever bought a lego set.

I don't understand. How are you certian that we're getting Manhunter and Hawkgirl and specifically not Cyborg? I thought I detected sarcasm, but the sets have already been finalized and set for release, just not revealed, so we have no idea what to expect in sets except Space Batman.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Any chance people there bought Lego in the past? I think they may be just as faithful. If I save money and take my kids there next summer, I'm rich? Nope, I just saved my money.

I think the crewcut or Mechanic pompadour hairpieces in white would have been more accurate. But they wouldn't have been able to do that.

Yep.....the entitlement that people shouldn't have something because everyone else can't have it is silly. The more anger I read on here just warms my heart. It's not the fact that these figs aren't available to the public, they are on a second hand market, it's the cost associated with getting them. Which is why they are intended as a gift to those attending. That doesn't entitle everyone to have one. I'd like to have a Green Lantern, black suit Superman, or Green Arrow as much as the next guy and I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO GET THEM. But again, cost is an issue. It'd still be cheaper than a flight, hotel, rental car, admission and everything else associated with being LUCKY enough to get them. So to those that can get them, good luck and enjoy......or sell them. Someone will complain about it, but will still end up buying it because either "they have to have it" or, just want it. People on here sound like children because some other kid got a toy and they didn't so they will kick and scream on an Internet forum raging about Lego is an evil corporation. And as we tell children, just wanting it doesn't mean you get everything you want. Save your pennies, it'll get you closer to getting your figs than venting here about it.

I don't have the money to just buy these figs, and I'm still ok with it. I'm just open minded enough to realize what they were.....a gift.

But they're not a gift… they're a prize. Only a few people can get them at SDCC, out of the thousands that will try to get 'em. And in order to get the chance to get them, you may have to wait for several hours in lines, ignoring all the other stuff SDCC has to offer (much of it also requiring hours-long waits in lines). So even if you're responsible with your finances and save up for a trip across country or around the world to attend SDCC, there's zero guarantee you'll get one of the exclusive figures--let alone all of them--when you arrive. Some "gift"!

The analogy of a child throwing a tantrum about some other kid getting a toy they didn't is flawed, because generally in those situations the toy the other kid got is something readily available at any store. Not so, in this case; it's "exclusive" and will cost you several hundred dollars on the aftermarket. Which Lego supposedly hates. That situation mostly benefits the sellers, and the few people desperate enough to pay their prices.

The absolute best way to handle exclusives is PACKAGING. Especially if the idea that Lego employees favored giving winning tickets to primarily kids turned out to be true; the kids aren't gonna care spit about the packaging, and will just play with the figure, and likewise won't be upset in the least that their 'precious exclusive' is also in that $50 set being released in January or whatever. The only ones who'd be upset at the exclusives being available in other affordable ways later on are the types who crave that "#3 out of 200" feeling, the ones who want their precious snowflake item to be unattainable by others…and the ones who feel it'll hurt their profit potential when they try to sell their SDCC figures if the character's released in the same print in a set several months later.

Any chance people there bought Lego in the past? I think they may be just as faithful. If I save money and take my kids there next summer, I'm rich? Nope, I just saved my money.

I have no problem with these Minifigures going to kids or AFOLs, but it irritates me when scalpers snap these up and sell them for Hundreds of dollars.

On the second point it really depends on where abouts in the world you live. Where I live, it would cost thousands of thousands of pounds to go to San Diego for comic con. As a 21 year old student who has to buy books, CAD software, Adobe photoshop, Microsoft office, crafting tools, marker pens, acrylic paint, materials like MDF, ABS and Steel, on top of that rent, petrol, car tax, insurance, £9000 a year to my university, plus all the other variables like food that keep me alive, I would have to be rich to go to comic con. I couldn't get anywhere near the amount need to go there at the moment, especially with all the more important priorities. However when ever I have a spare £20 I'll get LEGO, which is a lot easier to justifiy. It's ridiculous to argue that someone may have bought LEGO in the past, and therefore when they are at comic con they can be considered faithful to the Brand. LEGO isn't giving these figures out based on that information they are giving them out on the basis that someone is in a certain location at a certain time. Faithfulness should be defined over a long period of time and, not be determined by location and money which is ultimately what this all comes down to.

Well there we go......cause you're 21 and have other expenses that should prohibit anyone else from getting something you want. But since I'm 41, have a FT job and use my tax refund and bonus money to travel, I shouldn't get something because you don't have it. Makes total sense.

Whoa! Everybody needs to calm down. You either get the minifigs in comic-con or you hope that they're released later. I'm hoping that they show sets from Spiderman Web Warriors and the Batman game.