just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

hang on a sec I just watched the first episode and the suit is jet black! It isn't grey the colour of the cowl and the suit is all jet black! It is a shinier black but it is still black! Clear as day! Maybe because the original concept art for the suit was grey with a black symbol Lego decided to go with that design. That's a shame cause the one in the show isn't grey. Plus the belt is innacurrate as the real belt is straight and this one has the bits at the ends of the belt with a circular curve to them plus there is no triangular meeting point in the middle. I'm starting to think this Is based on something else and only the car is from beware. Just found an image of the beware action figure completely different colour scheme and design. Either Lego were deliberately trying to make this design inaccurate or this is based one something else. The figure is worlds apart: http://

I think lego was just trying to get a new Bat symbol on a minifig to be honest. This the same thing that happened with the Dark Knight Batman porbaly due to the fact that it would just be to much Black and not look right. I'm actually a fan of the new Batman since it's a new design and not just another Comic Book design based minifig.

By the way, I think we can expect to see a new Robin and Joker based off the fact that the Large Lego Model of Batman is exactly the same design as the actual minifig so I wonder what sets we'll see them in.

Edited by North Lego Star

I think LEGO uses grey because they can't do a black bat symbol on a black torso, and a black bat suit without a bat symbol would look strange. I can't remember if the 2011 exclusive Bat was black on black though?

He's grey in the show, that picture doesn't have the best lighting to show it.

No. He's clearly black if you watch the show. They did this with TDKR, they're doing it with BtB...uggh!

kind of going off this set, not a must buy anymore but the flash

I am okay with the batmobile, but I definitely don't like that orange cockpit shield. I'm not sure why they would use that color. It clashes horribly with the rest of the aesthetic.

But thanks for the picture. Hopefully we'll see some more in HD to get a better idea of what we are getting.

Does anybody have a schedule of when it says TLG is unveiling footage for the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game? I wouldn't be surprised to see some more Marvel stuff then.

Lego likes to make their batmen grey with black underpants it seems just look at the tdkr batman from the set aswell. I wish lego would trust the sourcer material more especaily when they make so many batmen anyways. give us some real veriety.

Does anybody have a schedule of when it says TLG is unveiling footage for the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game? I wouldn't be surprised to see some more Marvel stuff then.

Thats not how it works. They have a demo in their booth people can play, wich I assume is there constantly

Saturday, according to FBTB. :wink:

They might announce if they'll make T:DW/CA:WS/GotG sets there.

Is it possible this is a new 52 version of Batman?

No, it is 100% based on beware the batman tv show. It's just not completely accurate with it's color choises.

Edit: Never mind.

On the picture, I can see Lego is improving on the cane, and I guess it's better in gold. I don't like the prints on Riddler or Batman however, and that orange windshield is just bad. Still, Flash (Though I still hate the helmet)

Edited by Captain Nemo

The helmet is bad because it messes up the contour of his head. His head looks to tall and bulbous.

I agree with that; with that being the underlying problem. I hate how he is still missing yellow boots too! If we waited this long for Flash, we should have a perfect one!

On another note, I was wrong (Dun Dun Dun) on the Batman (Not Batgirl) thing, though he too looks off to me. I'm not a fan of the grey colored gloves, and the torso looks smushed together to me. Oh well.

I'm digging the Riddler Chase set even more now seeing.....though a small picture of it, though it's a pity Lego don't make a proper cane for the Riddler.....there is one for Mr Gold from the collectable minifig series so why not for the Super Heroes theme ? :look:

By the looks of it only a small DSS which is good and it does look final too......I would say this might not be the only BTB set for next year.......USM got two this year, though that got only one last year, but hey this is the Batman right ? :grin:

How did I miss this?

Anyways, I'm getting that FLASH no matter what. Freakin' finally!

I hope we get more League members. I want a Green Lanturn. John Stewart version because honestly I never had an interest in any Green Lanturn until the toon came out with John.

No, it is 100% based on beware the batman tv show. It's just not completely accurate with it's color choises.

But do we have any official confirmation on that? I mean it does look very similar to BTB Batman but I can't help but feel like it looks a little bit like the new 52 version.

Edited by strangely

me too, the car looks good but I don't think the orange works

I know, right? Batman doesn't work in orange. Only black. And sometimes very, very dark gray :p

Nice reference and very true at that. Yeah, the orange canopy is bad. This set unfortunately falls lower and lower in my esteem.

I know, right? Batman doesn't work in orange. Only black. And sometimes very, very dark gray :p

Well i watched the premire and the windshield on the Batmobile is an orangeish color. And with the batsuit, i think lego saw it as a dark grey while others had it as black.

I really like the new style of mask they chose for Flash. Personally the thing I dislike most about the video game's Flash and the current Batman cowl is just that it's too bucket like. I hope that sometime in the future we get a redesigned cowl in this style.

I really hated the new Batmobile at first, but it's grown on me. Really it's not as bad as I first thought, I'm still not thrilled about the gold and orange coloring, but I suppose it's not as bad as bright yellow.

But do we have any official confirmation on that? I mean it does look very similar to BTB Batman but I can't help but feel like it looks a little bit like the new 52 version.

He looks just like BTB, but only somewhat like 52 batman... If they wanted to make 52 batman they would have given him black gloves..

The fact that it's BTB's batmobile should also mean soemthing.

As for official confirmation, no. But we don't need it.

I like the new batman set, the figures are awesome and the cars are pretty cool, I cant wait to see more better quality images and I look forward to picking this up. :classic:

He looks just like BTB, but only somewhat like 52 batman... If they wanted to make 52 batman they would have given him black gloves..

Thanks. I really only wondered since the Flash looks his new 52 look and Batman looked similar. Honestly I find it odd that they put BTB, 52 Flash and this different Riddler all together in the same set since there isn't a whole lot of design connection. I feel like usually the figures all come from similar source materials while this set sort of takes from some very different things.

It almost seems like at one point the Flash and Riddler were intended to be a separate smaller set from the BTB stuff. It just seems a bit odd.

Thanks. I really only wondered since the Flash looks his new 52 look and Batman looked similar. Honestly I find it odd that they put BTB, 52 Flash and this different Riddler all together in the same set since there isn't a whole lot of design connection. I feel like usually the figures all come from similar source materials while this set sort of takes from some very different things.

It almost seems like at one point the Flash and Riddler were intended to be a separate smaller set from the BTB stuff. It just seems a bit odd.

Like aquaman, they just throw non-batman heroes in batman sets. Almost as a treat. And they seem to have dicided now to use new 52 design on new heroes (green arrow, aqua man, flash) Supermn and wonder woman were propably deisgned before they set their mind on new 52. For batman they seem to want to make them their own style. with the exception being batman who gets alot of variation for obvious reasons.

Well i watched the premire and the windshield on the Batmobile is an orangeish color. And with the batsuit, i think lego saw it as a dark grey while others had it as black.

it was more of a yellow colour. I think a trans-yellow would've made look a little better. as for the BTB Batman, love the torso (reminds me of the City/Origins suit) but the gloves..... I can accept them being blue, I love them in black, heck I'd even mind purple but gray doesn't really work

oh and does anyone know if the windshield is a new piece or a new colour, cause then I can get in trans-clear and that'd probably look better

Edited by TDKR2012