just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Looking closer at the 66 Batmobile, it seems Batman has the same mouth as the one from the Tumbler. Is both a new cowl AND a new face going to be on all the Batmen?

Where did you find a more zoomed in pic? From every other picture, it looks like the standard face under the cowl.

If all the new Batman minifigs have that Tumbler Batman face, that would be so refreshing after 2 years of having that stupid smirking face so that we now have a more serious face. It would be icing on the cake if he gets a gritted teeth face though.

Looking closer at the 66 Batmobile, it seems Batman has the same mouth as the one from the Tumbler. Is both a new cowl AND a new face going to be on all the Batmen?

There's a new cowl?

Probably, if they have updated the cowl mold. Wasn't there some report that they are retiring the headband Bruce Wayne approach in favor of the "Wolverine Goggles" way of dealing with the eye slits?

Probably, if they have updated the cowl mold. Wasn't there some report that they are retiring the headband Bruce Wayne approach in favor of the "Wolverine Goggles" way of dealing with the eye slits?

Where did you hear that? Because that is a much better idea. :sweet:

It'd make sense with a new cowl, seeing as the new cowl (based on LB3 images) looks smaller and more similar to the Nova and Wolverine cowls. Though the headband design never bothered me too much.

Where did you hear that? Because that is a much better idea. :sweet:

I thought back a couple of dozen pages in this thread?

It's a theory. The new cowl used in Batman 3 doesn't cover the chin, so the head has to be black with white eyes and a flesh mouth area if the chin is to be black. No regular eyes, no sweatband, just a black head with white eyes and a flesh mouth area. I'm reiterating so you don't have to page-hunt. TLM Batman seemed to use this style to achieve expressive eyes, since the cowl piece couldn't move.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It's a theory. The new cowl used in Batman 3 doesn't cover the chin, so the head has to be black with white eyes and a flesh mouth area if the chin is to be black. No regular eyes, no sweatband, just a black head with white eyes and a flesh mouth area. I'm reiterating so you don't have to page-hunt. TLM Batman seemed to use this style to achieve expressive eyes, since the cowl piece couldn't move.

Ahh, thank you. I can't figure out why it don't remember the post, though. That head idea seems alright, I guess. Not really usable in anything else, though; and I would prefer to just have the eyes. Is there even a version of his suit where his eyes are covered?

The '66 Batmobile is nice and all, but I'm not mad at its exclusivity. I can bet the juniors set and just Bricklink the pieces for the Batmobile proper.

I think that they will make a larger model of the set much like Jek 47's ship and Bag end! Maybe in the larger set we will get Adam West!

My thoughts on the the exclusive Batman figure is I don't care! I'm happy it is not a villain because like you guys were saying about the ratio!

For Marvel we have less villains but for DC we have more villains!

Also the classic Batmobile can be easily made just without the red tire rims

Batman is the only super hero figures I care about, so that is upsetting. I know it will still command some high prices. I haven't read that story, but I want it because of how crazy it is and because it is Batman.

Batman is the only super hero figures I care about, so that is upsetting. I know it will still command some high prices. I haven't read that story, but I want it because of how crazy it is and because it is Batman.

Bootlegs to the rescue!

............ That Batman has a gritting teeth face with stubble...... and a baseball bat

DARN YOU LEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to be that guy, but I think it's a shame we didn't get him in a set. He looks amazing.

At least that will be an easy one for the bootleg companies!

Yellow on red and red on purple is going to lead to iffy printing on the originals, I would guess.

The figure I am most interested in after all the reveals is Rocket.

Edited by robuko

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

THAT FACE!!!!!!

it's easy to mod a regular stubble or smiley face to make it compatible with Batman's mask.

Does the smiley face have a stubble, I can't tell? Did they use Wolverine's face for the angry side?

Nope, that one doesn't have the W-shaped stubble. The smiley face doesn't seem to have stubble.