just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Damn I wish Lego made sets based on the movie At least we have electro and green goblin.

I'm really hoping they pull a DKR on us and put out a set beginning of next year. I really want that version of Spider-man and Gwen Stacy as minifigures. We need a new and better version of Spider-man. And we've had so many Mary-Jane minifigures over the years, Gwen Stacy would be a welcome addition and a breath of fresh air in the line-up of red headed girlfriends in this theme. Also we just lack civilian characters in this theme. We have so few people for Spider-man to save.

Well if we know we're getting Green Goblin and Electro, I bet we'll get a Rhino down the line. Preferably as a mech type build rather than just a bigfig though.

Damn I wish Lego made sets based on the movie At least we have electro and green goblin.

One interesting thing, to me... although they base the sets off the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, 76015 has a "classic" Doc Ock, even though the packaging SAYS Ultimate on the front. There has to be some wiggle room with the license for that, so maybe something to look forward to :)

Edited by The-Daryl

Maybe they will pull a TDKR and give us a set with Spiderman (Asm 2 Version), Green Goblin (ASM2) and Gwen (ASM2). That'd be cool. Its sad that only iron man 3 got Lego sets and yet thor 2, cap 2 and ASM2 apparently aren't entitled to Lego representation. There was so much more minifigure and set potential in Thor TDW than iron man 3 and they messed up those sets anyway but got man of steel's dead on correct. I'd have loved a Lego Malekith the accursed especially after seeing the thor 2 designs in the videogame why did they have to waste them in digital form without making them physically.

Well if we know we're getting Green Goblin and Electro, I bet we'll get a Rhino down the line. Preferably as a mech type build rather than just a bigfig though.

I doubt it will be mech based as the Rhino in the show is much more like the Lizard. He takes a serum that physically changes him into a rhino/human hybrid.

Edited by Sam892

I dunno why, but I generally don't have an issue with the rubber headpieces- I actually really like Flash's mask.

I have a problem with mine, the yellow rubber at the back of the bolts is slowly coming off, I hve no idea how to fix it

I have a problem with mine, the yellow rubber at the back of the bolts is slowly coming off, I hve no idea how to fix it

Ask lego for a replacement and stop rubbing it?

I think DC would have to make a big push to force Lego to include one of their IPs with Lego's own blu-ray movie. This is Lego's moment and they're going to take advantage of it.

From the looks of things DC's characters already have a significant presence in the movie itself, it's not such a stretch in my mind. Especially since it's not like Lego's "IPs" like Ninjago, Chima, etc. seem to have a big part in it from the trailers and stuff I've seen. Besides, a Lego DC character is still pushing Lego's products, and still taking advantage of their "moment" as much as anything else. They've used licensed figures for a lot of promotional things in the past, a more broadly recognizable character is a good incentive.

They could still release GL in a set, but make it a different one then the theoretically comes with the DVD/Bluray

Yeah, they could. They probably will put him in a set eventually. We're just hoping to see him this year, and the DVD/Bluray seems like the only way that might happen with DC not seeming like it's getting anything else.

Ask for a replacement? That's weird, but any part can be defective I suppose.

Also, how do we not have some pictures from Nuremburg yet? Almost every other theme has gotten them, except for TMNT and Super Heroes!

With the fact that The Lego Movie is making a 'small' Metalbeard out of bricks, to go with his ship, is there a glint of hope that TLG may make some of the bigger villains and heroes out of bricks, rather than a vaguely posable bigfig?

With the fact that The Lego Movie is making a 'small' Metalbeard out of bricks, to go with his ship, is there a glint of hope that TLG may make some of the bigger villains and heroes out of bricks, rather than a vaguely posable bigfig?

The only person we know of that's seen the GotG sets mentioned a brick-built Groot in one of those. So yeah, I'd say it could happen.

And don't forget the Sentinal. One possible route they could have gone by was making it a big fig, instead its brick built. Still no news from toy fair? Any chance of them being at NY Toy Fair?

In regards to the xmen set I believe they may have taken influence from DOFP. The magneto included is the design of when he was headmaster at Xavier's school in the comics when he was on their side. Plus with the inclusion of sentinel I'm guessing magneto and the xmen are the heroes of the set and they are fighting the sentinel in the storyline of the set perhaps to make it similar to the movie rather than identical. I've also heard magneto has slicked back hair in this set which further adds resemblance to the DOFP movie. I think in a way Lego have not made movie sets this year but have given us characters and sets subtly related to the three marvel films of this few months. I love the designs of the characters in the guardians movie so I hope the figures Lego make are similar in design. Looks like a cool movie and the first marvel movie I've ever seen that I know nothing about the characters in.

Edited by legofreak86

I found confirmation for green lantern in 2015. The Instagram user colour_explosion who works for lego has said that the Hal Jordan GL will be released in 2015.

I found confirmation for green lantern in 2015. The Instagram user colour_explosion who works for lego has said that the Hal Jordan GL will be released in 2015.

He has an image of a custom green lantern and in the comments tells us about the realese.

He has an image of a custom green lantern and in the comments tells us about the realese.

Link? Also proof he works for Lego?

Edit: http://instagram.com/colour_explosion Found his instagram. Still skeptical on if he works for Lego/would be allowed to say something about GL's release publicly like that.

Edited by Hrafnblod

Well he has a lot of customs on his page, so I'm not sure what to think. Personally, as long as we get a full wave of DC next year and very limited Batman with a flood of new characters (and by flood I mean 3, which seems to be heaven for this theme, or at least it has been lately for comic sets with no movies to back them up, which leads me to expect another 4 sets) with a long overdue of Green Lantern. If they branch this sub theme far enough, I could even one day own my own Kyle Rayner

Also, Martian Manhunter!

Well! That should make a lot of people happy! :laugh: Oh well, another pre order Im not interested in! Ill hold for Iron Man mark V, or maybe Hush, or a Hydra soldier movie version, or or Ra's Al Ghoul.....

Martian Manhunter is a pleasant surprise. Kind of a shame he's promotional only instead of in a set- hope I have $75 to drop, come March. Pretty sweet he actually has leg printing, though!

I'm more excited for this than anything LEGO has given us this or last year, even more than Batgirl because it's so unexpected. What an amazing birthday gift, I am definitely getting that. :wub: And I was afraid LEGO would forget J'onn....

I do wish that the blue was purple, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :classic:

Sweet Martian Manhunter looks awesome, $75 promotions usually translate to £50 here. Which means I'll hold off buying anymore DC/Marvel sets until March. I'll most likely get the steam roller and Batmobile sets.

On the plus side we get a Martian Manhunter...on the down side we don't get any sort of set for him. Now I cannot even imagine us getting a Watchtower for years; and MM would have been the perfect exclusive for it too. I don't like to be negative about the things we get, since I am happy/grateful we have a superhero line in the first place, considering Batman 1's life was far too short, but come on...also New 52 again--apparently DC doesn't throw that in enough people's faces as it is. I hate all things New 52.