Sign in to follow this  
Vader

Thundercats....HO!!! Custom figs 2

Some of you may remember an 80's cartoon called Thundercats, well being an 80's child i loved that darn show so around a year ago i made some custom figs of them.

I posted them here and was pretty pleased with them, but a few weeks ago i decided to go back and have anouther go so heres the results.

Firstly we have the lord of the Thundercats Lion-O:

liono.jpg

As you can see i had to sculpt his claw hand, im pretty pleased with how this turned out. The hair was sculpted by redbean so thanks to him for it.

Now we have Cheetara:

cheetra.jpg

Tygra, this figs design is based on a design by Redbean so thanks go out to him and i hope he likes the changes i made, even if they are slight.

tygra.jpg

Panthro, his decal colours alittle off so ill have to redo that.

panthro.jpg

Lynx-O, hes blind so ive tried to show that his eyes are shut.

lynxo.jpg

Ben Gali:

bengali.jpg

Pumyra, she required a new head piece so this is what ive managed to come up with. Its still alittle rough so that needs some work:

pumarya.jpg

Willykat,

wileykat.jpg

Wilykit, another fig that required a new head piece:

wileykit.jpg

Now every tv show needs villans to battle the heros so here go's:

Mumm-ra, the big bad of the series his head piece is again made by Redbean. Ive painted it and added the curved bits and other bits coming off the side of it:

mummra.jpg

Slithe, this guy needs a tail but ive yet to get around to it:

slithe.jpg

Monkian,

monkian.jpg

Jackalman,

jackelman.jpg

And lastly we have Grune, i decided to sculpt alot of this guy and i feel theirs still work to be done oh and his weapon is by Redbean.

grune.jpg

As always comments are more than welcome. :-)

Wiley Cat/Kit, mum-ra and grune are all...I mean they're all amazing but those custom sculpts are phenomenal. Redbean's hero hair looks nice, but it's still a bit tame for him. I'd go with a custom sculpt for that (and maybe a custom eye of thundara as well). And why does slithe have one custom hand?

The glove on lion-o is insanely good as well and...it's just amazing the number of customs you're able to put out and the quality of them. This is just another reason for me to never bother trying to customize :-D Fantastic work, my friend

Wow, I am too young to have seen the show, but they look brilliant anyway. Lion-O's claw and Mumm-ra's headpiece are my fav parys.

Its funny that the villians ended up looking alot like LEGO's NBA players. Very nice work. To be able to replicate that kind of scary is an art *vader* .

Amazing what you can do with minifigs Lord Vader.

The claw hand is really a masterpiece!

WOW! Did you make the heads, because they don't look like heads that you get from normal lego sets. Good job, i like that claw in the first one, very nice *y*

BTW, did you just sculpt the claw over the hand, or was there more under it? Its because it looks really good shape wise.

Just amazing. I, like exo attack, am too young to have seen the show, but the figures are so detailed and fierce, it doesn't matter one bit. You have an incredible tallent for custom figs, Vader. ;-)

Man, I really need to find out how to make custom figs so I can make the custom TMNT Lego figs I've wanted... *wacko*

Wow lots of people to respond too, ok here goes:

SW4J: I think your right about Lion O's hair, its something that ill have to do i think. It will be alot like williykit's hair only longer.

Asuka: I believe she is single...Would you like her number? X-D ;-)

Ghoul: A Snarf was something i started but i just couldnt get him right, so i think i need to take my time and think about how best to make him.

BlueandWhite: The villians do look NBA ish but thats the way their eyes etc were in the cartoon and thats what ive tried to stay faithful to.

Optimax: The heads are all lego heads with decals applied to them.

Exo: The claw was sculpted onto the hand, this allows for the claw to be removed the same as you would a regular hand. Ill take a pic that shows the claw alot better.

Grevious: TMNT???......funny you should mention them ;-)

Thundercats! Now there is a blast from the past! Great work on the minifigs again vader *y* . For snarf you could try something with one of these.

2550c01.jpg

Not a fan of the show, but I love the work on the Lion one and Grune - the hammer adds an especially nice touch.

To JoeMI6, bah humbug to you. :-P

Now this is MOCing at its best. I loved that show, even had some of the action figures, but never would have thought they could be done in LEGO form.

Supurb job *vader* . You captured the Thundercats with some wicked great detail. I love Mumm-ra and Lion-O's claw.

I like Mutley's suggestion for the monkey for Snarf too.

Here is one more, you could use Ewoks as the Berbils.

Also are you pondering on whether to make the Thunder Tank or the Cat's Lair?

Now: "What is thy bidding my master?" For I would like Mumm-ra. X-D

DB

To JoeMI6, bah humbug to you. :-P

Now this is MOCing at its best. I loved that show, even had some of the action figures, but never would have thought they could be done in LEGO form.

Supurb job *vader* . You captured the Thundercats with some wicked great detail. I love Mumm-ra and Lion-O's claw.

I like Mutley's suggestion for the monkey for Snarf too.

Here is one more, you could use Ewoks as the Berbils.

Also are you pondering on whether to make the Thunder Tank or the Cat's Lair?

Now: "What is thy bidding my master?" For I would like Mumm-ra. X-D

DB

Thanks for the kind words DB, your ideas for the Berbils is a good one. I had thought of just doing a new head sculpt for the berbils but i might try mocing a ewok first. Snarf will get done thats for sure im also pondering wheather to sculpt him a new head rather than use any lego have produced so far.

As for a Thunder Tank or Cats Lair, well the tank is on the list as is some of the mutants vehicles. The lair however is something i would love to build but it would cost quite alot, as i try to make things as true to size (check out my batcave..the things huge *wacko* ) as possible this could cost me a small fortune not to mention where to store the thing.

These are great. I plan to do some Thundercats minifigs also, competetion will so hard... :-(

In the last few weeks i have changed most of the TCats, recently i saw a few custom pics of what updated TCats might look like.

They were much more cat like so i have been changing mine to match, make sure you post what you come up with Bob as i love to compair customs :-)

make sure you post what you come up with Bob as i love to compair customs :-)

yeah well, you set high standards, so you'll have to be patient. But you can show your updates of them, I'm very curious.