Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia: Day Two - Lynch Lunch Hour!

Fuckin-A. All right. With all this info out there, thank you Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude, :wall: the Scum will figure this out, so the Town should all know too. Let's make it a lesson in how to play this particular concept. I'm going to explain to you what The Witch claimed and how we're trying to verify it. But, you have to figure it out. I'll give you an enourmous clue: Which pill did I pick today?

Lifesaver, I suppose. Watch for guys rushing to grab fairy tale tomorrow, now that we know it's a powerful one.

*Yawn* That was a long nap. Psshh of course my internet wasn't out, what are you talkimg about?

This is a lot to take in... And in response to the Doctor, to be brutally honest, the analysis you made was good, but that's the most substance I have seen from you to my memory.

We can vote now, and thanks to BONAD, I'd say we are now very vulnerable. However, the biggest question is whether we lynch him or not. Sure, he's definitely not helping us, but by revealing all of this information, does that clear him? I don't think scum would go and reveal important information.

I still think a Cultist lynch would be good, I've explained why several times. I think it is important to learn if he's really here to help us, because he could be playing so strangely (giving predictable responses, OMFGUS voting, etc;) possibly to make us think he's not as threatening as he truly is. Just a thought.

Lifesaver, I suppose. Watch for guys rushing to grab fairy tale tomorrow, now that we know it's a powerful one.

We don't know for a fact yet, but it's a good guess.

I still think a Cultist lynch would be good, I've explained why several times. I think it is important to learn if he's really here to help us, because he could be playing so strangely (giving predictable responses, OMFGUS voting, etc;) possibly to make us think he's not as threatening as he truly is. Just a thought.

There we go, trying to policy-lynch the lurkers.

*POKE* Cultist, come out and play!

I'm not trying to policy lynch a lurker... I'm not suspicious of him because he's quiet... I'm suspicious of him because of his behavior when he does speak.

Oh, and I still need to pick a pill.

Bobblyhead Pill, please.

Yes, I understand, but he hasn't shown up today. Hence my Lynch All Lurkers concern.

Ding ding ding! You got it. If that's not what the pill does, then we know who to lynch for sure.

We can vote now, and thanks to BONAD, I'd say we are now very vulnerable. However, the biggest question is whether we lynch him or not. Sure, he's definitely not helping us, but by revealing all of this information, does that clear him? I don't think scum would go and reveal important information.

What do you think Scum would do with such information?

I'll take the Infectious Pill, by the way. Would like to know why Cultist hasn't shown up, but BONAD goofing about and lobbing info in public is sort of the topic at hand.

Well, look at it this way. Can you see scum having the following conversation?

*Scum are sitting at a table, having a taco party*

Scum A: Man, these tacos are so good.

Scum B: I know. By the way, I got my results of my pill and action. They were the ______ and my target was ____.

Scum A: Sweet man, god thing we have theses sweet tacos to celebrate.

Scum B: I know! Great day for us!

Scum A: (Now in thread) Hey guys, listen to all of this important information!!!!

Of course that's hypothetical, and I don't quite understand if that's what the whole Bob issue is about, but this is how I'm interpreting it. I'll have to re-read.

Well, look at it this way. Can you see scum having the following conversation?

*Scum are sitting at a table, having a taco party*

Scum A: Man, these tacos are so good.

Scum B: I know. By the way, I got my results of my pill and action. They were the ______ and my target was ____.

Scum A: Sweet man, god thing we have theses sweet tacos to celebrate.

Scum B: I know! Great day for us!

Scum A: (Now in thread) Hey guys, listen to all of this important information!!!!

Of course that's hypothetical, and I don't quite understand if that's what the whole Bob issue is about, but this is how I'm interpreting it. I'll have to re-read.

So you've explained that Scum would share information with each other but not with us. But what if a Townie brings them info or they're contacted for some reason. What would expect them to do with that information? Act Scummy? Conceal it? Lie about it? Encourage it not to be spread? There's a huge difference between the info they have with each other and the info Townies unwittingly share with them.

Okay, so my scenario is pretty unlikely now that I've reread this. So, basically, Bob is taking things way too fast (similarly to Romeo and Juliet), and Hinckley is the Friar Laurence, telling him to slow down, or he'll Dave us. Allusion aside, basically Bob is revealing the possible scenarios and suggesting plans on what to do with the witch, correct? If so, I agree with Hinckley. BONAD, sit down and collect yourself. There are plenty of explanations and a lot of possibilities for what happened. I wouldn't jump to conclusions too fast. And either way, if he was giving suggestions in plans for what to do with her, I don't think a scum would reveal those kind of things. Not a smart scum move.

I'll explain. I've also been in touch with the chatty person claiming to be the vigilante. The vig says that they targeted The Witch last night and got the result of "Unsuccessful". This led us to believe that either the vig was blocked, the Witch was protected (an odd choice), or that the Witch is the bulletproof serial killer.

Among the things everyone else has said about your contribution today, you're also forgetting the fact that the inventors are both bulletproof. We should know in plenty of time to create a lynch bandwagon on the Witch whether or not the Fairy Tale Pill saved him. That said, it's the least likely false claim of all the possibilities because it's the easiest to disprove and in the shortest amount of time. It does have the unfortunate side effect, for the Witch, that honesty about the pill doesn't tell us a thing about alignment. If the Witch is scum and got a lifesaver pill, well that makes things pretty easy for him doesn't it?

So you've explained that Scum would share information with each other but not with us. But what if a Townie brings them info or they're contacted for some reason. What would expect them to do with that information? Act Scummy? Conceal it? Lie about it? Encourage it not to be spread? There's a huge difference between the info they have with each other and the info Townies unwittingly share with them.

Yes, you do have a point there. I think your scenario makes more sense, especially after rereading.

BONAD goofing about and lobbing info in public is sort of the topic at hand.

Don't let it be. As bad an idea as it was for him to blab everything he knew, I have the feeling it was well-intentioned. I want to murder him but not lynch him. So, don't let that be a distraction. Let's not focus on his mistake, which might not even be a mistake - it may just be he made a different play than some of us would. It is his game, he can play however he wants. But let's not focus on that. Let's find the Scum hiding among us.

Male Lover, I'm still not satisfied with your answer about why you thought The Cop changing his game got him killed. Not sure exactly what to do about it though, either. What does anyone else think about it? I know this whole Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude fiasco has kind of blurred the issue. The Male Lover says that def was a metagame kill after I already said the vig didn't kill. Why would the Scum or Serial Killer kill someone the Town found suspicious? Why is The Male Lover so convinced that this was a metagame kill due to The Cop's suspicious behavior? Scum mindset? Let's get talking, people. Come on. There are plenty of issue to discuss besides Bob's big mouth.

Sorry for bringing this out, I just need some clarification. It really struck me odd that the first two pill requests today were for this Fairy Tale pill:

Fairy Tale Pill please

I'll take the Fairy Tale Pill

It may be just pure coincidence, but I can't help but get suspicious when both of you picked the same pills at the start as if the two of you already know the effects of that pill. :look:

Ding ding ding! You got it. If that's not what the pill does, then we know who to lynch for sure.

That is our best case scenario for now. But if the Witch's claim about the pill is verified to be true, we should not discount the possibility of the Witch being a scum or the SK or the role-claiming "Vig" being town (who was just blocked last night)

You think the scum will risk exposing themselves by getting that powerful pill? If anything it may have just the opposite effect, so watch out also for the people who would shy away from getting that pill, as scum wouldn't want to draw unnecessary attention to them this early, and if there's anyone who have low possibility of getting killed, it would be them killer scummos (along with the super-powered SK).

Sorry for bringing this out, I just need some clarification. It really struck me odd that the first two pill requests today were for this Fairy Tale pill:

Yes, we figured this would be obvious. Ooops. The Witch and I agreed that The Goon seemed like a trustworthy person to try and get that pill when the cart came around. We cross-posted making it painfully conspicuous that we both wanted to know what it did. I've been quite clear as to why I want to see what it does as that will verify or counter The Witch's claim.

It may be just pure coincidence, but I can't help but get suspicious when both of you picked the same pills at the start as if the two of you already know the effects of that pill. :look:

That is our best case scenario for now. But if the Witch's claim about the pill is verified to be true, we should not discount the possibility of the Witch being a scum or the SK or the role-claiming "Vig" being town (who was just blocked last night)

Did you post this after discovering I had said I knew what the pill supposedly does. Otherwise, I don't understand why you would still question why it seems like I know the effect of the pill. :look: And I believe I already mentioned that this doesn't verify The Witch's alignment but rather why she couldn't be killed by The Vig last night.

So, is nobody going to weigh in on The Vig's choice of target? Are we to be an active Town or not?

Male Lover, I'm still not satisfied with your answer about why you thought The Cop changing his game got him killed. Not sure exactly what to do about it though, either. What does anyone else think about it? I know this whole Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude fiasco has kind of blurred the issue. The Male Lover says that def was a metagame kill after I already said the vig didn't kill. Why would the Scum or Serial Killer kill someone the Town found suspicious? Why is The Male Lover so convinced that this was a metagame kill due to The Cop's suspicious behavior? Scum mindset? Let's get talking, people. Come on. There are plenty of issue to discuss besides Bob's big mouth.

Reading back through the day thread, came across another contradiction.

I re-read Day 1 this morning and had some thoughts, and then def got killed, basically ruining what I was going to say about him, and would have been wrong anyway. I had never been in this situation with him before, but he definitely seemed to be turning over a new leaf, one that either the town or scum killer did not like. My lover(hinckley) didn't really trust him, but I also feel that she's town. I would like to see more from the Virgin(clanure) and the Stump(Adam) today. I know that I will be more active today as it appears it's going to be necessary now. We know the numbers of the teams, so it's 13-6 right now. It won't take many nights for this to get close fast, so we better start trusting and working together or this will be a fast game.

I definitely see where you're coming from and that's why I assumed it was a Vig kill or Serial kill. He was getting a lot of heat from guys like you and wouldn't really make a great Scum kill candidate because he was already getting lynch votes, he was doing fine screwing with you guys all by himself. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but that was the way that I saw it.

Any particular reason for the mismatch Male Lover?

I have no time right now, but I'll say that I remain unsatisfied both with Male's thoughts on the Cop kill, and with his reasons for voting the way he did yesterday.

Assuming the information set before us is true, the lack of a counter-claim adds credence to the vig's story, and I agree that the Witch's explanation is a risky one so would be easily disproved - but we'll see. It is an odd choice for a vig target, but I can't quite see what would be gained by lying about it.

The cultist hasn't shown up to defend himself all day. :sceptic:POKE POKE POKE to quote the Tree Stump, who is another player I'd like to hear from. Show up, make a couple of analysis posts, and disappear once people seem to be satisfied. Scummy if you ask me - only being helpful when accused of inactivity and then flying under the radar when your accusers are content. BONAD may have prematurely given out the info he was entrusted with privately, but at the moment he could just be over eager so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Stump and Cultist, make yourselves known to the rest of us - stop hiding. :wink:

Un-fake vote: The Witch (Waterbrick Down)

fake vote: The Male Lover (LEGODad)

Here's where the votes stand:

The Female Lover (Hinckley): 1 vote (Rufus)

The Blacked-Out Night Action Dude (Bob): 1 vote (fhomess)

The Jester (CallMePie): 1 vote (Tamamono)

The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam): 1 vote (TrumpetKing)

The Male Lover (LEGODad): 1 vote (Hinckley)

The Witch (Waterbrick Down): 2 votes (CallMePie, Bob)

Fakevote: The Witch (Waterbrick Down)

Blue. Fake vote in blue.

Among the things everyone else has said about your contribution today, you're also forgetting the fact that the inventors are both bulletproof. We should know in plenty of time to create a lynch bandwagon on the Witch whether or not the Fairy Tale Pill saved him. That said, it's the least likely false claim of all the possibilities because it's the easiest to disprove and in the shortest amount of time. It does have the unfortunate side effect, for the Witch, that honesty about the pill doesn't tell us a thing about alignment. If the Witch is scum and got a lifesaver pill, well that makes things pretty easy for him doesn't it?

Exactly my thoughts - there's lots of reasons for the witch to be unkillable, so if I had to guess, I'd say they're telling the truth about the pill. Even if that's verified, it doesn't mean they couldn't still be the SK or inventor and have had double-unkillability last night! But it's too easy to verify, so I wouldn't think it'd be something to lie about - unless perhaps witch IS the SK. Nah, even then I'd think they'd claim to be inventor or something. It'd be POSSIBLE that the townies talking behind the scenes know who the real inventor is, but if not (since it's only day 2) you figure it'd take probably a couple days to verify that claim. Whereas the pill claim can be verified before voting today. So a pill lie would be too easy to test and then be lynched over a lynch all liars.

Don't let it be. As bad an idea as it was for him to blab everything he knew, I have the feeling it was well-intentioned. I want to murder him but not lynch him. So, don't let that be a distraction. Let's not focus on his mistake, which might not even be a mistake - it may just be he made a different play than some of us would. It is his game, he can play however he wants. But let's not focus on that. Let's find the Scum hiding among us.

Yep yep. My gut says bonad was trying to be a voice for the vig to share info but didn't realize all the other possibilities as to why the witch was unkillable. IF being SK was the only way to be unkillable, then I'd say he'd have made the right move in sharing the vig's result and trying to get a lynch on the SK. I think that's BONAD's logic, since he did vote for the witch himself. But with all the other possible explanations, it seems premature but still not malicious.

So, moving on.... I cna totally see thinking def was a metagame kill only if the vig had done it. I don't see why the SK or scum would have killed him for metagame reasons. So perhaps def was a scum kill simply because they know he's a strong player and obviously knew his loyalties, so they just wanted him out of the way early, before he could do anything? (same reason I hope that that fairy tale pill really is unkillable for hinck's sake tonight!) So maybe you'd call that a metagame kill on def, but not having anything to do with his changed style?

Assuming the information set before us is true, the lack of a counter-claim adds credence to the vig's story, and I agree that the Witch's explanation is a risky one so would be easily disproved - but we'll see. It is an odd choice for a vig target, but I can't quite see what would be gained by lying about it.

I suspect that both the vig and witch are telling the truth - but that doesn't mean it's the whole truth from the witch! Having an unkillable pill doesn't mean the witch is confirmed town by any means. Witch could be SK or scum inventor still - or any other scum! The only thing I think we can know for sure here is that the witch isn't the vig :)

The cultist hasn't shown up to defend himself all day. :sceptic:POKE POKE POKE to quote the Tree Stump, who is another player I'd like to hear from. Show up, make a couple of analysis posts, and disappear once people seem to be satisfied. Scummy if you ask me - only being helpful when accused of inactivity and then flying under the radar when your accusers are content. BONAD may have prematurely given out the info he was entrusted with privately, but at the moment he could just be over eager so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Stump and Cultist, make yourselves known to the rest of us - stop hiding. :wink:

I'm just going to say +1 or "like" or whatever the cool kids are doing these days. We animals can't keep up with all that facegoogspace stuff (no fingers makes typing slow, and they haven't made speech recognition for kaadu yet, and all kaadus look alike so the photos are boring) but I agree with that whole post.

Un-fake vote: The Witch (Waterbrick Down)

fake vote: The Male Lover (LEGODad)

Here's where the votes stand:

The Female Lover (Hinckley): 1 vote (Rufus)

The Blacked-Out Night Action Dude (Bob): 1 vote (fhomess)

The Jester (CallMePie): 1 vote (Tamamono)

The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam): 1 vote (TrumpetKing)

The Male Lover (LEGODad): 1 vote (Hinckley)

The Witch (Waterbrick Down): 2 votes (CallMePie, Bob)

Blue. Fake vote in blue.

Yes, I'm quoting myself here. If The Witch is telling the truth, then I've got a free pass tonight and can be as much of a bold dick to the Scum as I want, so I'm going to try to poke them out a bit by saying I doubt they're involved in any fake voting. That's one nice thing about what we're doing because of the one un-vote rule. Scum usually don't vote right away, but if we're all planning out our votes in this way, it's not very likely that the Scum will be taking part. It's one thing to discuss suspicions, but to put it out there in the form of a fake vote might be something The Scum are avoiding. So, let's look at the non-fake-voters:

The Role Cop (KielDaMan) - Reads Town to me.

The Godfather (Kadabra) -

The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) - I hate to lynch another person that isn't around to defend himself but maybe that's what he's hoping will happen.

The NPC (Esurient) -

The Doctor (Piratedave84) -

The Jester (CallMePie) -

The Male Lover (LegoDad) -

The PGO (Purpearljellyblob) - Under the radar much? Certainly knows when the pill cart is here, but doesn't have much else to say.

The Witch (Waterbrick Down) - doesn't even place real votes.

The Treestump (Adam) - Oh, the crime of being quiet.

The Talking Animal (mostlytechnic) -

The Virgin (Clanure) -

There, all those people are Scum. :blush: Um, maybe this isn't such a bright theory or a scary poke for the Scum, but the idea sounded pretty valid before I tried to type it out. Anyway, it's something to think about. I'm not saying that anyone who doesn't try my idea is Scum, perhaps it's still confusing for some, but I do doubt that the Scum would boldly start even fake cases against people.

As long as all of this is out in the open, what do you guys think of The Witch as a vig kill target? Does that seem feckuckeded to anybody else? Because I don't understand it and I've heard the vig's explanation: "sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark." Now that this has all been revealed, I'll be honest, I don't like this vig. I don't necessarily believe the claim. Why would the vig target someone with no good reason with so much at stake? And the original reason he/she contacted me was to find out if I sent anyone to block him/her. :wacko: Doesn't that sound like it could potentially be someone who knew I am Town.

The Vig is obviously a noob, or is lying, why would you go out and kill on night 1 when there are very few leads as to people's affiliation. I would be a bit more understanding of the 'shot in the dark' explanation if the vig had targetted the 'runner up' (Cultists) for the lynch rather than a person whom actually had bothered to make a concrete case/accusation and had a fairly good participation level.

Also, why ask Hinck if he had 'sent' someone to block? Why not Cult Leader (Rufus), why not the Jester (CallMePie) or other experienced individuals? (the logic here is that the Vig contacted an experienced player assuming others had already claimed to him).

And in response to the Doctor, to be brutally honest, the analysis you made was good, but that's the most substance I have seen from you to my memory.

Yeah, I said it before; it's my first attempt at producing analysis; I'm trying to approach this more loficaly with documented facts rather than my usual 'fly-by-wire' approach.

Yes, we figured this would be obvious. Ooops. The Witch and I agreed that The Goon seemed like a trustworthy person to try and get that pill when the cart came around. We cross-posted making it painfully conspicuous that we both wanted to know what it did. I've been quite clear as to why I want to see what it does as that will verify or counter The Witch's claim.

So you (Witch, Goon and you) decided before hand that the Goon (fhomess) would take the pill, but then you also asked for it even though it had been decided the Goon would take it?

There, all those people are Scum. :blush: Um, maybe this isn't such a bright theory or a scary poke for the Scum, but the idea sounded pretty valid before I tried to type it out. Anyway, it's something to think about. I'm not saying that anyone who doesn't try my idea is Scum, perhaps it's still confusing for some, but I do doubt that the Scum would boldly start even fake cases against people.

Fake voting hurt my head yesterday and made me reluctant to use it today!

- - -

WHERE IS THE CULTIST!

Ursuper had a fairly strong case against him yesterday and his OMGUS vote did not make him look good. I analyzed the case against him yesterday and I have to say that it's not the most solid case built in Mafia history but it has some substance. Cultist spoke on behalf of others and defended others and subsequently tried to explain himself to a somewhat satisfactory degree.

HOWEVER, based on the case brougth forth yesterda and today's inactivity, I feel confident that my vote is best placed as follows:

fake-vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

Well, I'm honestly torn between Stump and Cultist. Stump seems to be actually flying under the radar, whereas Cultist jus hasn't shown up period, so I willFake Vote: The Tree Stump (Adam)

So you (Witch, Goon and you) decided before hand that the Goon (fhomess) would take the pill, but then you also asked for it even though it had been decided the Goon would take it?

No. We needed more than one person on the lookout for it in case I wasn't around when the pill cart arrived.