Sign in to follow this  
Leewan

[MOC] Sonic Screwdriver

Haha, hello everyone ! Guess who !

Last weekend, I was playing with parts, and decided to make a Sonic Screwdriver. My Sonic Screwdriver, inspired by the Eleventh Doctor's one. Unfortunately, it dosen't make any sound or light (if I had the needed stuff and the knowledge I could, I think there's enough space to fit batteries, a LED, a sound block, and wires). :/

dscf8416.jpg

The gallery is not public yet, I hope it will be soon, and I hope you will enjoy my MOC. C&C welcome, of course. :)

Pretty nice. And some good use of those HF 3x3 "wheels" and the 3x3 rocket exhaust.

Thanks for your comments guys ! BTW, the Brickshelf gallery is now public, so you can see more details of my Sonic ! x)

Edited by Leewan

It looks awesome! But will you do more Sonic Screwdrivers? Maybe a literal Sonic Screwdriver? You know, an iPod taped to a screwdriver. Or a drawing of a blue hedgehog instead of an iPad.

Thank you ! :)

Maybe a literal Sonic Screwdriver? You know, an iPod taped to a screwdriver. Or a drawing of a blue hedgehog instead of an iPad.

Hahaha, that sounds awesomely ridiculous ! Well, nothing is planned at the moment, but yeah, a screwdriver shaped like a blue hedgehog could be a very funny idea. :laugh:

That's a nice looking 'sonic' - would be interesting to see some variants based on other Doctor's screwdrivers. I like the way you've built the internal structure, using track pieces with the 1 x 8 tiles to create the handle (don't think I've seen that done before).

Thank you ! :grin:

That's a nice looking 'sonic' - would be interesting to see some variants based on other Doctor's screwdrivers.

Hum... Yeah, I could try. If I have the parts and the inspiration. ^^

I like the way you've built the internal structure, using track pieces with the 1 x 8 tiles to create the handle (don't think I've seen that done before).

Thanks. But this techniques has a drawback : The tiles are not perfectly aligned, because the thread section is not perfectly at the center of the chain section. Explanation here :

sonic10.png

To prevent this, I could use this technique :

manche10.png

But it uses too many parts, and might not be as strong as the track technique. So I think my current solution is the best I can come up with. :D

Sorry for the DP, but I've build a Sonic inspired by Nine and Ten's one, after a friend's request. The tip is inspired by this MOC. Here's a picture, and here's the Brickshelf (enjoy when public ;) )

dscf8544.jpg

I quite like the usage of the Brick, Round 2 x 2 with Grille for the handle, I'm rather proud of it. n_n

Interesting. As you say, the grille rounds work well, although the lightsaber blades are definitely a NPU as well.

Edited by DraikNova

Thank you guys !

although the lightsaber blades are definitely a NPU as well.

Haha, unfortunately, this idea is not really mine. :laugh: