Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #69: The Hook on the Other Hand

"Fifty coins a night."

Monk Pretzel appears crestfallen. "Oh..."

I then turn to look at the stairs and appear lost in thought. "Have you seen a Master Rorik around? I was supposed to meet with him here, but I waited outside and now inside for quite some time now. Is he a resident of your inn or does he just frequent the bar from time to time? What about these fellows, are they all residents? How many rooms do you have here anyway?"

Is it okay that I still ask or should I wait for asking questions until we're finished with the necromancer?

"Thank you, Sylph. Indeed darkness might not be that useful. I'll equip the Merry Bow. If we find any weaknesses I may swith back."

Edited by herrJJ

Party

untitled-15.pngMonk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, (Played by Palathdaric)

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin *Party Leader*

Level: 16

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 12

Health: 36/36

Ether: 25/25

Gold: 250

Equipment: Cross of Light (WP:10; Light; Staff), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Ethereal Cloak (Backwear; SP:2; Max Ether +4), Tricorn (Headwear; SP:3)

Inventory: Heavy Flail (WP: 5; deals "Fragile" effect; Mace), Flying Cross (WP:6; Darkness, Fire, Wind; Broomstick), Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits, suitable for all), Potion (2), Grand Potion (4), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Ether Core (2), Remedy (2), Soma, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Venom (2), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Smoke Bomb (5), Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Bone (3), Tasty Pretzel (Consumable) - 1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption., , Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle)

IMG_2647edit3.jpgErik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

19 years old male human barbarian. *Inspired* *Sealed, 4 rounds* *Immune to Fragile*

Level: 12.5

Power Bonus: 7 under a negative effect

Defense: 4

Health: 19/19

Gold: 6

Equipment: Titanic Axe (WP:11, Earth-elemental, has 1/6 chances of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.)

Inventory: Spear (WP: 9, spear), Twin Axe (WP: 5, dual-strike, axe), 2 Death Progg claws, 4 Bones, Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Mead, Peacekeepers totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to water; bodywear)

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Black Knight *Immune to Stunned, Water and Fire*

Level: 16

Defense: 9

Health: 36/36

Gold: 5

Equipment: Voltedge (WP: 13, Lightning-elemental; greatsword/longsword, venom'd), Gloves of the Undead Assassin (For every enemy the wearer kills, it gains 5 HP, Immunity to Water, Usable by anyone, Handgear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect), Impervious Shield (SP: 5) (Grants immunity to Fire)

Inventory: Venom x4, Bedroll, Remedy, Smelling Salts x3, Mead x2, Shuriken (WP:5, Wind), Net (if used in combat, 1/3 chance to slow enemy, 1/3 chance to be useless, 1/3 chance slow self, lasts 3 rounds, retrievable),Nostrum x2, Throwing Dagger (WP:3) Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), Bone, Bow (WP: 4), Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Soma, Mulled Wine, Crow-Claw Dagger (WP: 6, 50/50 chance to stun enemy on successful attack, Darkness)

8575081496_57c484b058_o.jpgNessa Anárion

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level: 13

Power Bonus: 1 WP

Defense: 2

Health: 19/19

Gold: 9

Equipment: , Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills, Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1), Ranger's Cowl (SP: 2, usable by Rangers only (Headwear))

Inventory: Bedroll, Magic Compass, Venom (3), Nostrum (2), Mead, Smelling Salts, Phoenix Essence, 8 Potions, Psuedos Hood (can damage undead with normal attacks), Darkness Silver Crossbow with Raven-Slayer Bolts and Newty Mag (WP: 8, darkness elemental (WP: +3 vs. werefolk (removable)) (WP: +4 vs. Aquatic vermin (removable) (usable by ex-Amphibians only)),

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Sealed*

Level: 22.66

Power Bonus: 1 WP

Defense: 3

Health: 38/38

Ether: 30/30

Gold: 77

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1) , Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear; SP: 3; Max Ether +5, immune to "Sealed")

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Ice Armour, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 4 Tonics, 1 Venom, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 6 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1)), Emerald, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding,Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal

8742461929_981dfe702c_t.jpgSoryx Dourskull (NPC, controlled by Myrddyn)

42 years old male wereviper Hunter *Immune to Darkness and Hexed* *Favors Demons*

Level: 15

Defense: 6

Health: 30/30

Gold: 107

Equipment: Vanquisher (WP: 10, light, ice, and lightning elemental, greatsword), Darksteel Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, max health +3, immune to darkness, bodywear), Talisman of Enlightment (Suitable for anyone, immune to hexed, accessory)

The skull's grin widens at Dreyrugr.

“That does sound like Master, only he is so smart

But that riddle could be solved by any old fart.

I’ll give you two more, then let you in,

Don’t fear, my patience shan’t wear thin.”

‘Imagine you’re a knight, with a blade of four jewels

And you’re scaling a mountain past volcanic pools.

You’re slaying a Dragon, in its fiery coat

But its enjoying its dinner – an old Mountain Goat!

You’re not a fool, you’re set to raise Hel

Your sword will kill both, equally well!

You finish them quick, they hadn’t a chance

Which gems have earned you this Dragonsbane Lance?”

Monk Pretzel appears crestfallen. "Oh..."

I then turn to look at the stairs and appear lost in thought. "Have you seen a Master Rorik around? I was supposed to meet with him here, but I waited outside and now inside for quite some time now. Is he a resident of your inn or does he just frequent the bar from time to time? What about these fellows, are they all residents? How many rooms do you have here anyway?"

Is it okay that I still ask or should I wait for asking questions until we're finished with the necromancer?

You can continue asking question, but I highly suggest finishing up before the party actually enters the fight. Sorry, I didn't notice you hadn't waited upstairs with Erik. :blush:

8743579058_47937cee2d_t.jpg

"Sixteen rooms. But why I should go gossiping about my own patrons?"

Nessa unequipped the Ranger's Quiver and equipped Pseudos Hood. "Well, the only things I know about gems is... ehm, they are shiny and my mother had one."

Nessa unequipped the Ranger's Quiver and equipped Pseudos Hood. "Well, the only things I know about gems is... ehm, they are shiny and my mother had one."

8742461929_981dfe702c_t.jpg

"Indeed, I have little direct experience with the mystic side of ether, unless you count having to dodge spells thrown at you on a daily basis."

Ruby (!D), Aquamarine (^G, ^D), Garnet (!G), Sapphire (^D, !G), Opal (^G), Topaz (^D), Emerald (^G),

Sapphire, Aquamarine (^^D)

Opal, Emerald (^^G)

"Opal, Emerald, Aquamarine, Sapphire." Stated Sylph. "or Opal, Topaz, Aquamarine, Amethyst, if you prefer. Both work just as well."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Old fart? If I was his master wouldn't he be in trouble for that? "Ruby, aquamarine, garnet and opal."

Ooc: Dammit. Sniped but different answer.

Edited by Vash the Stampede

Old fart? If I was his master wouldn't he be in trouble for that? "Ruby, aquamarine, garnet and opal."

Ooc: Dammit. Sniped but different answer.

"Both work. Mine is more effective. But either way we deal equal improved damage." Stated Sylph plainly.

OoC: :tongue:

"Addendum, yours is wrong. It deals more to the goat and no more to the Dragon. Fortunately, I already answered." Stated Sylph after some thought. His voice was not that of a braggart, but rather, distant and uninvolved.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"Addendum, yours is wrong. It deals more to the goat and no more to the Dragon. Fortunately, I already answered." Stated Sylph after some thought. His voice was not that of a braggart, but rather, distant and uninvolved.

Well the riddle says that the dragon is fiery so I took it as just that, while nothing is mentioned about mountain goat as in its type so you have to find another source for that.

Well the riddle says that the dragon is fiery so I took it as just that, while nothing is mentioned about mountain goat as in its type so you have to find another source for that.

Yes, I thought that too at first. Sylph's being curt. Mountain Goats are rock type and Dragons are flying. No hard feelings. :blush:

"I don't want gossip. Not too interested actually, but I would like to know if Mr. Rorik is around. If not, we may have to reschedule." I worry. "Also, I may consider staying a few nights if the business meetings drag out, but I would like to know a bit about the occupants of the inn before I rent any rooms. One can never be too safe these days."

The skull practically giggles at Sylph.

“Not bad, not bad, color me impressed

But still, my Master expects only the best!”

"You’re a bug slayer, one of the greatest

vermin around already think you a sadist.

Today your job is just a bit tough

But your quad-imbued blade will fight through the rough

Just up ahead you see the foul things

Bright Widow, Firefly, Volt Ant – all ready to sting!

You rush into battle, blade raised high

In a single sweep, all of them die!

You’ve done a good job, now you polish your steel

With gems are in it, what makes this doom real?"

"I don't want gossip. Not too interested actually, but I would like to know if Mr. Rorik is around. If not, we may have to reschedule." I worry. "Also, I may consider staying a few nights if the business meetings drag out, but I would like to know a bit about the occupants of the inn before I rent any rooms. One can never be too safe these days."

"The sellsword stays here almost all the time, as do the red woman and Boris over there. Nobody else has a room."

Edited by CallMePie

"Speaking of which, I have to speak to that woman in red. Are any of those here, acquainted with Mr. Rorik?"

When the barkeep answers my question, I rush upstairs.

"Speaking of which, I have to speak to that woman in red. Are any of those here, acquainted with Mr. Rorik?"

When the barkeep answers my question, I rush upstairs.

"She's the one, actually."

"Ah, many thanks!" I rush to the stairs. As soon as I am out of the werewolf's line of sight, I gasp for breath. "Well, thankfully, that's over. I feel like I can live again." I rush upstairs.

I whisper to Sylph, "if I understand what it's saying, I'd assume the answer is either: Aquamarine, Garnet, Opal, and Sapphire or: Aquamarine, Opal, Sapphire, and Topaz. That combination should be equally as effective against those enemies and I can't think of anything else that would be better. That was what the statue-thing was asking, right?"

BW: Verm/fire

FF: Fire/fly

VA: Verm/Elec

Ruby (!B, !F), Aquamarine (^B, ^F), Garnet (^B, ^V), Sapphire (^B, ^F, ^V), Opal (^B, ^V), Topaz (^F, !V), Emerald (!B, !V)

"Hmmm..." pondered Sylph. "Dreyrugr, any ideas? I can't seem to make it equally devastating.. You could use a ruby, aquamarine, sapphire, and Amethyst to make it equally x2, but If you rally want to kill them all in one hit, Pretzel, your first suggestion seems apt."

"Hmmm..." pondered Sylph. "Dreyrugr, any ideas? I can't seem to make it equally devastating.. You could use a ruby, aquamarine, sapphire, and Amethyst to make it equally x2, but If you rally want to kill them all in one hit, Pretzel, your first suggestion seems apt."

"Notice it didn't ask them to be equally devastating so I'd go with the monks idea."

"The only problem is, I've heard of Bright Widows with health between that of a Volt Ant and a Firefly, but I've also heard of some with significantly higher health. If the latter is the case, then we would likely have to throw a full x16 multiplier against the Bright Widow, in which case we would remove the topaz and have to use the other four I mentioned, but I doubt this is right, since I believe the weaker Bright Widows are more common than the insanely overpowered ones."

Make sure to bold your answer.

"I inspected it thoroughly in my own attempts to crack the lock...it's my belief an alarm will be triggered if you answer incorrectly. It's a rather simplistic necromancy spell."

"I'm not really that knowledgeable about the elements, but I'd have gone with equal damage to all of the enemies."

Thought I had a reason, but it's wrong.

Edited by Myrddyn

Make sure to bold your answer.

"I inspected it thoroughly in my own attempts to crack the lock...it's my belief an alarm will be triggered if you answer incorrectly. It's a rather simplistic necromancy spell."

Pressure much? :cry_sad:

"I'm backing up the monk's answer, ignoring the part where he is paying attention to monsters with higher than average vitality."

The skull opens it mouth wide in an another disturbingly happily grin - this time, revealing the doorknob between its teeth.

"Excellent work, heroes. Are we prepared to enter?"

"I am ready to enter."

"Do you think it is possible that we will be able to end the threat posed by this particular necromancer in a non-lethal way?"