Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #69: The Hook on the Other Hand

8743579058_47937cee2d_t.jpg

"Might'a been hiding a dagger or something, but nothing bigger than that. If he had a hood it wasn't up. It was a ratty coat, couldn't tell."

"Excellent." Sylph appeared pleased. "I will go relay this information to my colleagues. Oh, and, one more thing... If you had to guess at his occupation... What would you say he did for a living?"

"No idea. Couldn't've been high profile, I guess, seeing as how he was a greenskin."

"No idea. Couldn't've been high profile, I guess, seeing as how he was a greenskin."

"Right. Thank you." Stated Sylph. He walked away from the bar and up the stairs. He returned to the rest of the Heroes. "Alright. The bartender's seen the blue-clad man. He's an orc that wears a blue tattered coat who's been walking in and out for the past week. He came in with the orange lady."

"Huh. That blue assassin theory sounds less likely now. I'll talk to the orange lady, but there's still a chance she'll run."

Erik walks down the stairs and crosses to the orange lady.

"Excuse me miss, mind a chat?"

"Huh. That blue assassin theory sounds less likely now. I'll talk to the orange lady, but there's still a chance she'll run."

Erik walks down the stairs and crosses to the orange lady.

"Excuse me miss, mind a chat?"

8743578912_55a6809fb6_t.jpg

"Fine, what?" she gurgled.

"I hear you're friends with an orc who wears blue? Could you tell me where I could meet him? I'm investigating a murder, and I have reason to believe he has information that could help solve the case."

"I hear you're friends with an orc who wears blue? Could you tell me where I could meet him? I'm investigating a murder, and I have reason to believe he has information that could help solve the case."

"Hmph. People don't snoop where I from, mshnav. What makes you think my friends have to do with it?"

Edit: Erik swaps his hood for his peacekeepers totem (diplomacy).

"I heard he may have met the victim before he died."

Edited by Myrddyn

"I heard he may have met the victim before he died."

"Uh-huh. If I don't bring you to him?"

"Then I will leave and the murder may not be solved. I am not going to make threats, nor am I going to attack you for defending your friends."

The Selkreeth smirked.

"Hah. You look tough I grant, but no conviction. Do you expect to get through life giving up when not getting your way, mshnav?" she challenged.

"Right. Thank you." Stated Sylph. He walked away from the bar and up the stairs. He returned to the rest of the Heroes. "Alright. The bartender's seen the blue-clad man. He's an orc that wears a blue tattered coat who's been walking in and out for the past week. He came in with the orange lady."

"It just figures that there would be a greenskin behind all this." :hmpf_bad:

I walk over to Soryx.

"Good job with the Necromancer upstairs. The world needs more people who are willing to cut down such people who are a threat to the world. If you ever need help with such a job as this feel free to call on me. By the way, do you frequent this inn often?"

I walk over to Soryx.

"Good job with the Necromancer upstairs. The world needs more people who are willing to cut down such people who are a threat to the world. If you ever need help with such a job as this feel free to call on me. By the way, do you frequent this inn often?"

8742461929_981dfe702c_t.jpg

"Of course. And no, my work brings me to all corners of the world. Just remember, my friend; their crimes are what make them a threat, not their race. It is a lesson many Paladins more experienced than yourself fail to understand. It would be a shame if you were to stray from your path of righteousness to pursue one of misplaced judgment. It took me some time, and....countless lives taken to understand the distinction."

"Of course, it's their actions. Being a necromancer is not a race. It is something many undertake, but I've never met a necromancer who has done good for the world and tampering with the powers of nature can never be a good thing. You wouldn't happen to know the merchant Rorik, would you?"

"Of course, it's their actions. Being a necromancer is not a race. It is something many undertake, but I've never met a necromancer who has done good for the world and tampering with the powers of nature can never be a good thing. You wouldn't happen to know the merchant Rorik, would you?"

"It is a dangerous art, but do not think it is inherently evil. And no, I have not."

"I noticed you wear rather exquisite armour. Any chance that you'd be willing to sell it for the right price?"

"I'm afraid not. Armor of this quality can only be found in Strivvi. Durability is important, most of the time I work alone."

What if I were to work it out for you to go to Strivvi? You could go there and purchase an even better set of armour."

Erik smiled back.

"Well, I certainly don't expect to get through life picking fights I can't win and being thrown through walls. It's not so much giving up as letting someone else have a go. I think you met my friend the writer? He might want to talk to you as well. Besides, if I did kill you, who'd introduce me to your friend in blue?"

"Hah. You look tough I grant, but no conviction. Do you expect to get through life giving up when not getting your way, mshnav?" she challenged.

I flick at Dreygrur and point to the orange person. "Your looks alone should be enough to freak her out."

Edited by Palathadric

What if I were to work it out for you to go to Strivvi? You could go there and purchase an even better set of armour."

"Chasing demons around the world is slightly more time consuming than you might think," chuckled Soryx, his laugh like a hollow hiss. "I do not have the time to sail for days on end for mere armor."

Erik smiled back.

"Well, I certainly don't expect to get through life picking fights I can't win and being thrown through walls. It's not so much giving up as letting someone else have a go. I think you met my friend the writer? He might want to talk to you as well. Besides, if I did kill you, who'd introduce me to your friend in blue?"

The woman crossed her arms, evidently amused.

"I came for a drink, not to chat the day away with writers. But fighting I am always in the mood for - and don't think I die so easily, mshnav. My kind are not known for their fragile nature."

She took a long draught from the bottle in front of her.

"Go get your friends. Come fight me. I will take you to my friends. Agreed?"

Leaning back and hearing how the conversation with weird orange being is going, I look straight at Soryx. "Would you be interested in aiding us in finding and taking out the murderers of Mr. Rorik? We helped you take down the Necromancer, so favour for favour." I shrug.

Erik puts away his Peacekeepers Totem and puts Sylph's Emerald Hood back on. He stands up.

"Agreed."

He nods to Nessa, and walks back upstairs. "I've got a lead."

Once everyone is listening, he speaks.

"The orange lady is friends with an orc who could be the blue chap we're looking for." He smiles. "She said she'd introduce us if we participate in a friendly contest-of-arms."

As the conversation between Erik and the orange female went on Nessa readied herself for an attack. 'Just in case it is needed to spoil some blood', the voice inside her thought.