Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Discussion of the possibility of the cancellation of Season 6 of the Clone Wars is fine in this thread, just as long as it concerns the release and existence of any 2013 CW sets. Anything else belongs in the thread in Culture and Multimedia.

But as Lobot says, discussion of sets you wish to see do not belong here, they belong in Future Star Wars Sets. This thread is for discussion of sets for which there is a rumor from a reliable or reasonable source. No matter how much you wish for a set to be released or how much sense you think it makes for a set to be released, if there is not a rumor with a source for it, then discussion of it belongs in Future Star Wars Sets, not here.

To summarize, keep the discussion of CW Season 6 related to 2013 sets and keep the wishlists in Future Star Wars Sets.

This new series could also be based on The Old Republic or Legacy era which is about 20 to 30 years after ep6. Either way Lego can make some fantastic sets from this new series.

The Old Republic is possible but unlikely. Disney seems to be more looking to tune the property for a streamlined introduction to the next generation of films. They want ease of accessibility. While TOR is a great era, there is literally no familiar reference points for most of the billion fans of the movies. At least beyond Sith and Jedi. Something in the main timeline is way more likely.

The Legacy Era has the problem that that is pretty much where ep VII will have to be sitting if they will be using Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carries Fisher etc.

Discussion of the possibility of the cancellation of Season 6 of the Clone Wars is fine in this thread, just as long as it concerns the release and existence of any 2013 CW sets. Anything else belongs in the thread in Culture and Multimedia.

But as Lobot says, discussion of sets you wish to see do not belong here, they belong in Future Star Wars Sets. This thread is for discussion of sets for which there is a rumor from a reliable or reasonable source. No matter how much you wish for a set to be released or how much sense you think it makes for a set to be released, if there is not a rumor with a source for it, then discussion of it belongs in Future Star Wars Sets, not here.

To summarize, keep the discussion of CW Season 6 related to 2013 sets and keep the wishlists in Future Star Wars Sets.

Yes and there is a heavy rumor about an ewok village, even brickshow posted that on their Channel. There aren't going to be any 2013 lego Star Wars the clone wars season 6 sets so why discuss that on a 2013 lego Star Wars forum.

Edited by Legoman123

Yes and there is a heavy rumor about an ewok village, even brickshow posted that on their Channel.

And I never said that you shouldn't discuss the rumor of the Ewok Village. I merely confirmed that Lobot was correct in stating that wishlists don't belong here.

There aren't going to be any 2013 lego Star Wars the clone wars season 6 sets so why discuss that on a 2013 lego Star Wars forum.

You don't know that there aren't any CW sets for which production hasn't already started. As I said, discussion of the impact of the possible cancellation of Season 6 on any 2013 sets is fine here.

would be interesting to see if we get anymore CW sets going forward as the series is now in the hopper... perhaps they could do revision sets from various arcs going forward.

I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be Clone Wars sets in 2014. I'd be stunned if LEGO doesn't put out a set with the four Astromech Droids and Pit Droid squad from Season 5, not to mention anything coming up from the Clone Wars movies/OVAs/episodes or whatever that will be out instead of Season 6.

I think we will see TCW sets in late 2013 and early 2014. Maybe even a nice big set at the end. TCW isn't quite like some of the EU stuff like the video game ships. At 5 seasons worth of shows having aired there is roughly 10x more TCW footage out there than the entirety of the OT and the PT. And chances are it will last a good while as reruns as animated shows are want to do. Especially with a new movie looming. So TCW will probably not simply vanish from Lego's repertoire. At least not unless Disney wishes it to.

I think next year will swing to be more OT focused, but we will still see a good mix. Maybe even a few more obscure or odd sets like the TOR stuff? I still can't wait to see what the Jedi Defender looks like.

I've been holding out for the Umbaran MHC set to be released in Australia - even outside of the SW connection it's a neat looking mech/vehicle. I hope they still produce them in decent quantities.

Edited by Brix

I personally think the whole thing sounds more like them telling us Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Six will be the last season of the clone wars an will involve all the last episodes leading to episode 3.

Not true, unfortunately. They've confirmed there will be no Season Six, but there will be 'story arcs that will be released.' This could mean webisodes, a mini-series, a TV movie- no one knows for sure what the format will be, or what the episodes are about. As to your Episode 3 statement, it was never Dave Filoni's intention to make episodes that joined the TV show and Episode 3. He has said that if the series continued long enough while knowing how many seasons he had left, he would consider, with the right timing, to possibly make episodes leading to Episode 3 near the end of the series. Otherwise, he wasn't going to even attempt bridging that gap.

I'm seeing posts discussing bringing Luke back- I'd like to point out that the TV show replacing TCW will ALSO be animated- do we really want a Luke minifig with a cartoon face? :sick:

Not true, unfortunately. They've confirmed there will be no Season Six, but there will be 'story arcs that will be released.'

Mind providing a source for this statement? I have yet to see an official confirmation of this.

Mind providing a source for this statement? I have yet to see an official confirmation of this.

Well, I find it hard to see which part of the statement you habe doubts about.

After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen.[/Quote]

Source:

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

Well, I find it hard to see which part of the statement you have doubts about.

As I already said in the Season 5 thread (which is probably where this issue should be discussed), there is nowhere in that article where it explicitly says that TCW is cancelled or that there will be no sixth season. It merely says that they aren't producing anything for Cartoon Network anymore and that they are just "winding down" the series. This can be interpreted in different ways, one of which, as mentioned, is that it is slowly coming to an end (which could mean another season, seeing as production keeps going) and that will simply be shown on a different network for the rest of its run. So until someone from Lucasfilm says "there is no season 6" or "CW will not be shown on TV anymore" I refuse to believe that the show is cancelled since there are so many story arcs that have yet to be shown and Filoni explicitly said that "TCW is not over yet".

I can see where both Brickadeer and Oky are coming from. The problem is that the following statement on StarWars website is quite confusing and contradictory: On one side it says that SWCW is to be wound down and on the other they say that they are continuing to prduce some great CW story arcs :wacko: . My only logical conclusion is that they will continue to produce CW themed episodes but they will either come under a different series name or they will be lengthy standalones

"After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars." (quote taken from Starwars.com)

On the positive side this means that no matter what Lego will still have a chance to bring out CW themed characters :thumbup::wink:

Hmm...not official, but maybe official enough:

"A call from Clone Wars Producer Cary Silver and our Supervising Director Dave Filoni, letting me know that for all of us, the Star Wars journey would be coming to an end. After nearly a decade of production and five seasons on the air, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” as a television show, has been cancelled."

Source:

http://www.jamesarno...s_Thoughts.html

So let's face it: EP II and II in 3D...postponed indefinetly. Star Wars 1313 canceled, Detours postponed or canceled. It seems that Disney brings all current projects to a halt in order to promote EP VII.

Edited by Brickadeer

On the positive side this means that no matter what Lego will still have a chance to bring out CW themed characters :thumbup::wink:

Agreed, there is still plenty of material from the past 5 seasons for Lego to make sets out of for the next few years until the new movie and cartoon come out.

"A call from Clone Wars Producer Cary Silver and our Supervising Director Dave Filoni, letting me know that for all of us, the Star Wars journey would be coming to an end. After nearly a decade of production and five seasons on the air, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” as a television show, has been cancelled."

Well, all that quote is saying is that the show is being cancelled, which is the same thing the official announcement told us. That doesn't mean that they wont show the rest of the episodes that they have already produced in one way or another. I guess we just have to wait until there is more official news before we can know for sure.

Yoda Chronicles exclusive minifig!!

No idea what the character or trooper is supposed to be, but kinda neat. Really nice printing on the Stormtrooper helmet. Maybe something transitional between the TCW army of war and the imperial army of occupation? ( here's a great piece on the subject that spawns from Spencer Ackerman's wonderful Battle of Hoth analysis, and spreads out to looking at some of the underlying failures in Imperial doctrine that led from the combat hardened yet somewhat individualistic Clones of TCW era to the homogenized and barely able to shoot look alike Stormtroopers of the Imperial era. Clone and Stormtrooper Army builders will love it. )

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/criticalintel/10201-Hoth-The-Failure-of-Imperial-Military-Doctrine

Source:

http://www.jamesarno...s_Thoughts.html

So let's face it: EP II and II in 3D...postponed indefinetly. Star Wars 1313 canceled, Detours postponed or canceled. It seems that Disney brings all current projects to a halt in order to promote EP VII.

As far as I know, the 3D movies where merely postponed until after VII so that they could work on it better, and Detours was the replacement for TCW. 1313 may have been cancelled, but I did see something about a new Battlefront-esque shooter coming.

1313 is on hold, CW has finished its run on CN and won't be appearing on the disney network, hence the announcement on sw.com they will get the footage from season 6 out in some form just not as a series.

Hi,

I don't know if it is old or new news, but here we go:

Minifigs 75024 HH Starhopper: Obi-Wan (from the episode where he has to be a different looking Headhunter), Cad Bane and a Nikto Guard

German Prices:

75015 CATD, 26,99 EUR

75016 Spider Droid, 39,99 EUR

75017 Duel on Geonosis, 49,99 EUR

75018 JEK 14 Starfighter, 69,99 EUR

75019 AT-TE, 99,99 EUR

75020 Sail Barge, 119,99 EUR

75021 Gunship, 129,99 EUR

75022 Madalorian Speeder, 29,99 EUR

75023 Calendar, 29,99 EUR

75024 HH-87 Starhopper, 49,99 EUR

Greetings. Hendrik

Minifigs 75024 HH Starhopper: Obi-Wan (from the episode where he has to be a different looking Headhunter), Cad Bane and a Nikto Guard

Do you mean when Obi-Wan is impersonating Rako Hardeen?