Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I'm very excited about the possibility a new ewok village

You guys are just going to make them blue. Don't get excited about rumors, besides it's just going to be a modular building, not Star Wars. You'll make yourselves get depressed. :hmpf_bad:

I don't see the connection that you're trying to make here. Nobody has explicitly said that they've seen these minifigs in the retailer catalog.

It was stated that Boba Fett was on the packaging for the advent calender and that they thought they saw Jango Fett mentioned on another set. So that's the connection I'm trying to make here.

NRG is often right, so I'll believe the rumour of a new ewok village. It will have to be good for me to get it though, would much rather have a UCS x-wing

I can't wait for until official photos are released. Anything that was seen in that LEGO catalog was "preliminary" and is subject to change. It's awesome that "Wout" was able to look at the catalog and get a glimpse at the possible minifigs. Personally, I don't believe anything until I see it for myself. However I hope what he reported turns out to be true.

could this be the new ewok village?

post-689-0-52254300-1358545201_thumb.jpg

Edited by phoinix

could this be the new ewok village?

Is that the picture everyone cites as proof of a future Ewok Village set? Because what with the Clone Troopers, Battledroids, and Wookie aircarft, it seems to indicate a Kashyyyk set to me. :wacko:

Is that the picture everyone cites as proof of a future Ewok Village set? Because what with the Clone Troopers, Battledroids, and Wookie aircarft, it seems to indicate a Kashyyyk set to me. :wacko:

The fact that it is clearly labelled 'Kashyyyk Battle' would also point me in that direction, but hey - people are determined.

Its a shame that lego went with an ewok village as the Big Star Wars exclusive set, although I'm looking foward to seeing how it turns out, I certainly don't plan on buying it and I think myself and many others would have rather seen a large Geonosian Areana this year. Oh well, I guess this just means I can pruchase other products now.

By the way, when did the UCS R2-D2 get an offical release by lego, and when was it released in stores because I think that's the time we can expect that to be the time that the UCS X-Wing will be offically released and released in stores.

The fact that it is clearly labelled 'Kashyyyk Battle' would also point me in that direction, but hey - people are determined.

you can make out those tiny tiny letters? :wacko:

You guys are just going to make them blue. Don't get excited about rumors, besides it's just going to be a modular building, not Star Wars. You'll make yourselves get depressed. :hmpf_bad:

It seems you were correct after all.

Its a shame that lego went with an ewok village as the Big Star Wars exclusive set, although I'm looking foward to seeing how it turns out, I certainly don't plan on buying it and I think myself and many others would have rather seen a large Geonosian Areana this year. Oh well, I guess this just means I can pruchase other products now.

By the way, when did the UCS R2-D2 get an offical release by lego, and when was it released in stores because I think that's the time we can expect that to be the time that the UCS X-Wing will be offically released and released in stores.

UCS R2-D2 was revealed on March 16th with a May 1st release date.

you can make out those tiny tiny letters? :wacko:

The Second word is definitely Battle, and the first is far too long to be Endor, and has an obscene amount of Y's in it, so it must be Kashyyyk.

just look at the style of the trees and the round shaped platform in the middle of the tree, its totally in the style of the EpIII scene on Kashyyyk.

I can't refute the logic that it does not look like a ewok village

But I would love it to be an ewok village non the less

ewoks are rubbish.....but some how lego ewoks are great. Have all four (or is it five - only have the printed ones) and they are among my favorite mini figures, a village for them would be great

So here's to hoping

I don't recall battle droids on Endor, but then that does look like a shield generator dish.

NRG is often right, so I'll believe the rumour of a new ewok village. It will have to be good for me to get it though, would much rather have a UCS x-wing

Who is NRG? Someone who calls himself emazers posted on ToysNBricks. He´s got 54 posts, I don´t know the site but he looks more trustworthy than those people with less than 20 posts that normally sprout fake news. The other insider informations from his post are common knowledge or a logical deduction if you know about LEGOs business.

Still, the hair piece of the forest maiden from the Collectible Minifigures is proof enough that at least somewhere down the line there will be a Ewok princess Leia, so why not use it this year already? I believe it is ROTJs anniversary anyway.

But I would love it to be an ewok village non the less

ewoks are rubbish.....but some how lego ewoks are great. Have all four (or is it five - only have the printed ones) and they are among my favorite mini figures, a village for them would be great

So here's to hoping

It depends on what the village would look like. Probably the most damning thing about the set right now would be that it is called "Village" instead of "celebration". If they do a village set based on the scene from the middle of the movie with Han and Luke as BBQ and 3PO as god I would be disappointed. A Celebration set would definitely be better as it gives the opportunity for including the same figs as with the Ewok gods BBQ scene and would give us all the heroes in one set (new Lando, hopefully finally a real Death Star prisoner Luke) maybe some new Ewoks or even a few more rebels and most importantly Force ghosts! I heard many excuses that ghosts would be impossible because the transparent plastic isn´t as sturdy (which I don´t believe since they used big transparent pieces in many sets before) but even if it is true it seems LEGO has found a way to give us transparent figs since the Pirate Ship Ambush of Lord of the Rings includes the King and some soldiers of the dead that most certainly have to be transparent plastic.

It would be really stupid of them to "celebrate" the 30th anniversary of ROTJ like they did TESBs: Only with sets from one section of the film.

Still, the hair piece of the forest maiden from the Collectible Minifigures is proof enough that at least somewhere down the line there will be a Ewok princess Leia, so why not use it this year already?

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. The fact that the forest maiden hairpiece resembles Leia's Endor hairdo is no indication that that minifigure is a certainty.

I heard many excuses that ghosts would be impossible because the transparent plastic isn´t as sturdy (which I don´t believe since they used big transparent pieces in many sets before) but even if it is true it seems LEGO has found a way to give us transparent figs since the Pirate Ship Ambush of Lord of the Rings includes the King and some soldiers of the dead that most certainly have to be transparent plastic.

The problem with transparent elements is that they're made from a different material than normal ABS plastic. Have you ever inserted a transparent lightsaber blade into another transparent element? It's difficult to take out again. Lego has stated repeatedly that producing minifigs out of transparent plastic just isn't practical.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

I think if the ghosts were to be done, they would be the pale blue color of NRG Zane from Ninjago. That would look decent