For whatever reason, the download isn't working.

It seems to work for me, both when logged in and when logged out of MediaFire.

Just noticed I forgot to build the covers for the bottom sides after checking if the link worked, so the model has been slightly updated.

[Edit]

Woop, also finally figured out how to fix the illegal (which LDD didn't seem to think it was) connection I used inside the engines! Which had been bugging me for ages haha.

Also if you're building it replace the yellow 1x4 tiles with the 1x4 light bley stud plates.

Edited by khatmorg

I had also problems with the download, could anybody explain the procedure?

thanks.

I just opened the link and clicked the big green "Download (59.2 KB)" button.

I had also problems with the download, could anybody explain the procedure?

thanks.

I've been editing it from time to time, adding another seat on the bridge for example, and reuploading the file. Maybe that's why it doesn't work now and then.

I've been editing it from time to time, adding another seat on the bridge for example, and reuploading the file. Maybe that's why it doesn't work now and then.

If it's the site causing problems, I would switch to using Brickshelf. It might go down every now and then, but it's easy to use, dedicated to LEGO, and I don't think I've ever had a case of a member being unable to download one of my LXFs from Brickshelf.

Finally got my hands on 75025 and it's awesome minifigs so I thought I'd upload some comparison pics, enjoy.

9126547332_8a24593fe9_c.jpg

9126611696_17099091dd_c.jpg

I might steal that dish when I scrap the official set.

9124326919_669f63b82f_c.jpg

Very similar in shape and size.

9126547014_82fd49a16d_c.jpg

Here the differences are the most obvious, the official version looks very flat by comparison.

9124450229_6ef71853aa_c.jpg

A bit of sibling rivalry, here 75025 is calling her sister fat.

9124326587_d499ff7653_c.jpg

Not part of the comparison set but I wanted to show it off anyway =P, the updated bridge section.

Edited by khatmorg

As expected, 75025 looks too flat, too blocky, and too tall compared to yours. The bridge looks great, too. Very nice work on the playability of your MOC. :thumbup:

hello khatmorg, You really made a much better "defender" than lego. congratulation! The proportions and the interior flow together in harmony. I feel motivated to start my own approach. Bit I would really need some "development aid". Problem No.1: I still do not come along with the download thing. is there another creative way to communicate about the fundamental technics used inside ? I am totally new in the forum, that's why. happy day!

hello khatmorg, You really made a much better "defender" than lego. congratulation! The proportions and the interior flow together in harmony. I feel motivated to start my own approach. Bit I would really need some "development aid". Problem No.1: I still do not come along with the download thing. is there another creative way to communicate about the fundamental technics used inside ? I am totally new in the forum, that's why. happy day!

I've attached the file to this post, I hope it works.

Defender-class light corvette.lxf

I've attached the file to this post, I hope it works.

thanks a lot, everthing is fine now!

dirkrix

Edited by dirkrix

thanks a lot, everthing is fine now!

dirkrix

You're welcome, good luck with your own model, take pictures!

Very nice work on the bridge, Brickdoctor! I like how you made it similar in shape and size and yet, still better than set 75025!

I made it actually hehe, but thank you all the same!

If I were to make your Defender from scratch (ordering the parts and such. How much do you reckon it would cost?

I mean, the official defender really kind of sucks when I put it against this beast. The lack of interior is just a major bummer and the minifigs are just all over the place.

Edited by caramelcata

If I were to make your Defender from scratch (ordering the parts and such. How much do you reckon it would cost?

I mean, the official defender really kind of sucks when I put it against this beast. The lack of interior is just a major bummer and the minifigs are just all over the place.

Hmmm, well I dunno really. If I use an average 10 cent per brick value for the parts I already had, and adding the money I spent bricklinking the parts I needed (most of the dark red), it would amount to around 140 euros or so.

I really like the interior. Those weapon racks are something I wish LEGO made more of. It also impresses me how many things you fit inside that little space. Great build!

Big fan of this moc, way slicker and spacious than the 75025. Really tempted to Bricklink and build it myself. Anyone who have the xml file for parts? Would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm upset. I want to get the parts and build this thing, but I can't figure out how to open the file ._. LDD won't download correctly