ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Set 10332 Medieval Town Square leaked on Reddit. It contains eight figures, mostly civilians whose clothing might be of interest. As well as the goat from the latest CMF series, but in gray (dark bluish gray, I think?).

Other stuff, such as details from the buildings or the various foodstuffs, might also be of interest.

Edited by brickbride

15 hours ago, brickbride said:

Other stuff, such as details from the buildings or the various foodstuffs, might also be of interest.

I believe the buildings themselves can be useful for a pirate town. 

The model seems to be separated into 3 or 4 parts. The one on the left can be fully used for a pirate town, that guard wall on the right is useless for us and the model next to it can also be used for the said pirate town. Overall, a good set. :pir-thumb:

This year's 76438 Harry Potter advent calendar comes with a all grey lady with a dress. Might be useful as a statue. Does the white head work for a powdered face?

ik4YEpy.jpeg

stonewars prepared a list of new items at PAB. There's not much pirate-y stuff though.

6461579.jpg   6461579: EGYPT SWORD Ø 3,2 SKAFT

6477190.jpg6477190: DOLPHIN, NO. 4

6466742.jpg6466742: FLAT TILE 1X1, ROUND, NO. 278

6507837.jpg6507837: LEAF 4X5X1 2/3 (This also comes in other colors)

6507849.jpg6507849: LEAF, 3X4X2 2/3, NO. 1

6464535.jpg6464535: BANANA, NO. 3

6470206.jpg6470206: UPPER P. STEM 16X12X2 2/3

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

This year's 76438 Harry Potter advent calendar comes with a all grey lady with a dress. Might be useful as a statue. Does the white head work for a powdered face?

ik4YEpy.jpeg

I think the white head could work for a powdered face in combination with a less ghostly dress; though I like the Rococo Aristocrat's yellow face with white printing better for that purpose.

col421.jpg

5 minutes ago, brickbride said:

I think the white head could work for a powdered face in combination with a less ghostly dress; though I like the Rococo Aristocrat's yellow face with white printing better for that purpose.

You are right, but for a fleshie like me, the yellow head is impractical :pir_laugh2:

Posted (edited)

The lady from the advent calendar is one of several ghosts in Harry Potter; some of the others might work for statues as well:

hp145 Nearly Headless Nick (there's also a glow-in-the-dark version but that's probably of less interest)hp145.original.png

hp411 The Grey Lady (not to be confused with the lady in the grey dress from above)hp411.jpg

hp??? The Fat Friar (will be included in 76435 - official pictures out now; here he's on the far right)

76435_alt4.jpg

Also, another HP set, 76431, comes with a new flask piece in two different colours that might also be of interest. 76431_Prod-Gross-1024x570.jpg

On 5/1/2024 at 10:07 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

You are right, but for a fleshie like me, the yellow head is impractical :pir_laugh2:

In that case, I daresay the white face is a good substitute.

Edited by brickbride

9 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

ik4YEpy.jpeg

Is there any risk that the head is glow-in-the-dark?

That's a cool fig. I will be on the lookout for the calendar just for that.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

Is there any risk that the head is glow-in-the-dark?

I don't think so. In the last few years, HP has had three ghosts that weren't glow in the dark and one that was (not just the head!), but the difference is quite obvious:

Nearly Headless Nick - glow in the darkhp308.png

Nearly Headless Nick - NOT glow in the darkhp145.original.png

Edited by brickbride

Since the June wave of HP sets has now been officially revealed, I've gone back and included pics.

Also: THE JUNE WAVE INCLUDES A PIRATE SHIP! Well, technically it's the Durmstrang ship (76440), and it comes with a carriage. But that might actually work for, like, a governor's carriage, too?

76440_Prod-Gross-1024x927.jpg

Another new set, Friends 42638, is some weird b&b-slash-castle building. As a castle it's probably not that useful, but I could see elements of it for, like, a governor's mansion in some tropical surroundings?LEGO-Friends-Castle-Bed-and-Breakfast-42

This Friends waterpark set has a cool build of a jellyfish, plus the ruined temple part on top of the slides might be worth a second glance:

LEGO-Friends-42630-Heartlake-City-Wasser

Other than that,

- Heartlake City Kindergarten has a boy (microdoll, unfortunately) with an unprinted pirate hat;

- several of the new Friends sets have fern pieces in dark green.

Posted (edited)

New city sets have a bunch of new animals that might be useful for a tropical setting: large and small crocodile, large and small gorilla, tiger, red panda.

Also there's a harbour set (60422) in case your pirates are more modern-minded.

LEGO-City-60425-Dschungelforscher-Wasser

("Bring us those yummy pirates!")

Edited by brickbride

I really like the Durmstrang ship actually. Although it has not much to do with Pirates. The ship's castles are high like mountains but it looks like a rather good representation of a medieval ship. Castle fans can be happy.

Here's another one of the city jungle sets with useful parts: 60424 comes with a red panda, a compass and a printed? map

LEGO-City-60424-Dschungelforscher-Quad-9

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

a printed? map

Definitely printed; in addition to acting as a collectible for the subtheme (each set includes a different map), LEGO would not show a stickered tile being held by a Minifig that way (remember that the stickered scroll tile in the Majisto’s Workshop GWP needed a handle plate for Majisto to actually hold it). 

On 5/2/2024 at 12:19 PM, brickbride said:

and it comes with a carriage. But that might actually work for, like, a governor's carriage, too?

"B" for Broadside, of course! :pirate:

Ollivander's torso in 76439: Ollivanders & Madam Malkin's Robes looks useful (I don't know if it's new though).

76439_alt4.jpg

A upcomming Lego City Magazine comes with a shark and a crab (and a modern diver). The magazine releases 7 June in Germany. Don't know the dates for other countries. Brick Clicker shows a picture in his latest video.

@brickbride That Friends B&B is a Victorian-era house from the mid-to-late 19th century, and is probably named like it is as because kids today most likely don't know what Victorian means. Thus, I don't think it will work for pirates, to be honest.