Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Hi

i just found yesterday in my "hidden" toy store a sealed 10199 Winter Toy Shop. This set is from 2009 and still there for the listprice 59.99€...

I see a good chance getting it cheaper because its 3 years old plus out of season! I did read the reviews. Wgat do you think, it is a wothy set? Funnily i would get this at bricklink for 45€ plus shipping, also sealed.

Dino

I'd buy it. Great set.

Gandalf Arrives

Captain America's Avenging Cycle

Catwoman's Cycle City Chase or

Endor Battlepack

Which one should I get with

Batwing or Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape with Superman and Power Armour Lex

Wait...so you're buying one of the top four with either the Batwing or Lokis CCE and Power Armor? :wacko: I think...

If that is correct, it's a tough call. I'll go with Gandalf Arrives and Lokis CCE.

Wait...so you're buying one of the top four with either the Batwing or Lokis CCE and Power Armor? :wacko: I think...

If that is correct, it's a tough call. I'll go with Gandalf Arrives and Lokis CCE.

That is correct, I'm not sure about Gandalf Arrives because it has the least minifigures out of the four and I'm pretty minifigure oriented.. :tongue:

But I'll see what others would like to say and if not I'll go with your recommendation :sweet:

Darth Dino

That is a great set. Along with the other Winter Village sets. Although Lego did re-release it last year, so I don't know how easy it would be to get it cheaper. But I would recommend getting it for sure!

Ceroknight

If you are into minifigures mainly, I would go with the Endor Battle Pack and the CCE and Power Armor. I personally love the Wonder Woman figure and the Iron Man was a brilliant surprise. I don't have many Star Wars sets, so I don't know how inclined you are there, but for maximum figs, I'd go that route. The rebels look nicely printed and can you have enough stormtroopers?.. Otherwise I would recommend the Batman/Catwoman set, just to maximize Super Hero figures. I have all of those sets listed above and I'm quite pleased with each of them, so it is a tough call on what to get. Good luck.

Which set should I get? The Isle de la murta or cannibal escape or the fountain of youth out of the POTC. Price doesn't matter.

Edit: the isle de murta is out of stock until July. I'll wait if it's that good but.....

Edited by sologuy369

Which set should I get? The Isle de la murta or cannibal escape or the fountain of youth out of the POTC. Price doesn't matter.

Edit: the isle de murta is out of stock until July. I'll wait if it's that good but.....

Go with the fountain of youth, three major characters in the set plus some of those sweet 2x2 round bricks with the grooves running down the sides of them ! :grin:

In that case, go Cannibbal Escape. You do not want to miss out on the ponytail piece, and the figs and parts are awesome. :thumbup:

In that case, go Cannibbal Escape. You do not want to miss out on the ponytail piece, and the figs and parts are awesome. :thumbup:

Agreed! Best set of the list.

As for Ceroknight, I'd go for Batman and Catwoman, along with the Superhero option.

Edited by prateek

Ceroknight

If you are into minifigures mainly, I would go with the Endor Battle Pack and the CCE and Power Armor. I personally love the Wonder Woman figure and the Iron Man was a brilliant surprise. I don't have many Star Wars sets, so I don't know how inclined you are there, but for maximum figs, I'd go that route. The rebels look nicely printed and can you have enough stormtroopers?.. Otherwise I would recommend the Batman/Catwoman set, just to maximize Super Hero figures. I have all of those sets listed above and I'm quite pleased with each of them, so it is a tough call on what to get. Good luck.

As for Ceroknight, I'd go for Batman and Catwoman, along with the Superhero option.

Thank you!

I think that's what I'll go with, Batman and Catwoman+Superman and Ironman

Really wanted the Joker figure and black suit Batman :look:

Edited by Ceroknight

That is correct, I'm not sure about Gandalf Arrives because it has the least minifigures out of the four and I'm pretty minifigure oriented.. :tongue:

But I'll see what others would like to say and if not I'll go with your recommendation :sweet:

Well, in that case...go with either the Cap set, because...come on, who doesn't like Captain America?! The set as a set doesn't do much for me, but if you're a MOCer, it could be of interest. Otherwise, go with the BP.

sologuy369

I would recommend getting all three :tongue:. If you absolutely had to choose one, I would go with Cannibal Escape. The cannibals are actually really neat, and the Will Turner hairpiece is brilliant. And that particular Jack is exclusive to that set, so 3 exclusive figures. But Isle does have some great figures too, especially Elizabeth. That was my first POTC set and it set a nice tone, I think. I don't particularly care for the Fountain, but I did purchase it for Barbossa's torso and to complete the theme. I still recommend the Cannibal Escape though.

Ceroknight

I know what I originally said, but go for the Funhouse Escape. It has Joker, plus exclusive Riddler and Harley, plus the gray Batman and red Robin. I know you want the black Batman (I did too), but you could get all of these other great figures and a neat little set, and then try to get the Jetski polybag maybe for a cheap black Batman. I didn't realize that was coming out, so I purchased the Two-Face Chase for black Batman and Two-Face and Batmobile. Funhouse Escape, think about it.

Ceroknight

I know what I originally said, but go for the Funhouse Escape. It has Joker, plus exclusive Riddler and Harley, plus the gray Batman and red Robin. I know you want the black Batman (I did too), but you could get all of these other great figures and a neat little set, and then try to get the Jetski polybag maybe for a cheap black Batman. I didn't realize that was coming out, so I purchased the Two-Face Chase for black Batman and Two-Face and Batmobile. Funhouse Escape, think about it.

The Funhouse is arguably one of the best Batman sets out there.....for people with space :tongue:

If I were to have this it would be in parts within the week while I can display the cheaper sets individually since they take much less space.

Also I may get the Gandalf Arrives set for the poster :blush:

Ok thanks. I am getting the captain America set because I am a big fan of the Cap so it's a must. And the Gandolf arrives set so I get the poster. And cannable escape because of the recommendations and it puts me just above $50 USD for the hulk. :laugh::sweet:

Edited by sologuy369

Avengers Quinjet + Friends Heartlake Vet

or

Millenium Falcon?

Both come to about £110 at argos, and I have £100 vouchers so both are effectively free to me. Was thinking of the vet for my daughters 8th birthday, she's asked for friends stuff anyway. The MF is always at the edge of my mind but always misses out for some reason - perhaps secretly I want the UCS but know its out of reach at the moment. Its discounted (again) at both argos and amazon UK (£110 and £100 respectively)

Wolverine's Chopper Showdown, 3 of the some of the most iconic characters in Marvel, immortalised in LEGO. It's a must buy.

or

Millenium Falcon?

Both come to about £110 at argos, and I have £100 vouchers so both are effectively free to me. Was thinking of the vet for my daughters 8th birthday, she's asked for friends stuff anyway. The MF is always at the edge of my mind but always misses out for some reason - perhaps secretly I want the UCS but know its out of reach at the moment. Its discounted (again) at both argos and amazon UK (£110 and £100 respectively)

It's not the UCS falcon, but I really enjoyed that build, and the model looks great. The Avengers sets look too <insert that tiresome argument> / agents to me.

or

Millenium Falcon?

There have been some difficult questions lately...

I don't have an opinion on the Friends set, but as far as the other two...I'd go with the Falcon. It's a great set and neat build. It's one of the few sets I own that I haven't taken apart, and I've owned since it came out originally. It looks great on the shelf and is a good size/weight.

Then the Quinjet is a cool set as well. Despite having that weird, insignificant chariot it really is. The Quinjet is a cool, heavy ship. The build is pretty fun and the finished product is nice and also a good shelf queen. The figs are a good selection, unless you have the other sets, another Thor and Loki... They're both good choices, but my vote is for the Falcon.

mrklaw

I think splurge a little and modify that list. Get the Heartlake Vet for your daughter's birthday (she'll be soo happy!) And then also get the MF for yourself :tongue:. Sounds brilliant to me! Especially since the bulk of the purchase wouldn't cost you anything.

If money is short though, I'm a sucker for making my daughter happy (my wife and I bought her the majority of the Friends theme when it first came out). I don't have any particular interest in the Quinjet, but it looks like a decent ship. I just wasn't that impressed with the minifig line-up. The MF has a great minifigure line-up and is an iconic ship. I also don't own that ship, but I have only recently started liking SW Lego.

The Heartlake Vet isn't too impressive of a build, but it does have some neat features. A little x-ray machine and scale and a hedgehog I believe. Since it won't be for you, it doesn't matter how simple the build is.

mrklaw

I think splurge a little and modify that list. Get the Heartlake Vet for your daughter's birthday (she'll be soo happy!) And then also get the MF for yourself :tongue:. Sounds brilliant to me! Especially since the bulk of the purchase wouldn't cost you anything.

If money is short though, I'm a sucker for making my daughter happy (my wife and I bought her the majority of the Friends theme when it first came out). I don't have any particular interest in the Quinjet, but it looks like a decent ship. I just wasn't that impressed with the minifig line-up. The MF has a great minifigure line-up and is an iconic ship. I also don't own that ship, but I have only recently started liking SW Lego.

The Heartlake Vet isn't too impressive of a build, but it does have some neat features. A little x-ray machine and scale and a hedgehog I believe. Since it won't be for you, it doesn't matter how simple the build is.

Bought the heartlake cafe in the end, at the Lego store while also accidentally falling in love with R2D2 which I didn't expect.

Think I'll go for the MF, been putting it off for ages. Thanks.

Quinjet Aerial Battle,

Pros: Only way to get Black Widow, I need an Ironman, Love the Quinjet cause it seems like a really nice bulky model that would be a good and solid build

Cons: Dinky Chariot, Repeat Loki, Thor, and Alien figures. I would have to modify the Quinjet a little bit.

Vampyre Castle

Pros: First ever Castle, big fan of the design, all the minifigures interest me, Man-bat figure!, good parts selection!

Cons: More expensive, not an enduring fan of the line (once the line ends, my interest will most likely fade), No static use for the minifigs (won't be as attached to them as super hero ones)

So which do you think I should get? :sceptic:

If I were you, I'd get the Castle, because it's one of the better castles (besides Helm's Deep) in a while. But, and this is a big but, if you hold minifigs to such high regards, go with the Quinjet. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one.

OR... just save up some more and get Helm's Deep! :tongue:

Quinjet Aerial Battle,

Pros: Only way to get Black Widow, I need an Ironman, Love the Quinjet cause it seems like a really nice bulky model that would be a good and solid build

Cons: Dinky Chariot, Repeat Loki, Thor, and Alien figures. I would have to modify the Quinjet a little bit.

Vampyre Castle

Pros: First ever Castle, big fan of the design, all the minifigures interest me, Man-bat figure!, good parts selection!

Cons: More expensive, not an enduring fan of the line (once the line ends, my interest will most likely fade), No static use for the minifigs (won't be as attached to them as super hero ones)

So which do you think I should get? :sceptic:

Short of finding a way to get them both, I'd say flip a coin. You'll be happy either way.

Hi,

my daughter, almost eight, loves to build LEGO. She has saved up lots of money and is really interested in one of the modular buildings.

The following are still available:

the Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, Grand Emporium & Town Hall.

Due price the town hall may be too steep? In terms of building the other three are all cool.

Which one would you advice?

Hi,

my daughter, almost eight, loves to build LEGO. She has saved up lots of money and is really interested in one of the modular buildings.

Due price the town hall may be too steep? In terms of building the other three are all cool.

I would personally buy the fire brigade. The reason being is that it will disappear soon while the others will last at least another year or two.

Hi,

Pet Shop. Reason is she's 8 and it has two buildings, so each building is a slightly less complex build, there are lots of neat features in the Pet Shop half to support play, and its cute.

Second would be the Fire Brigade as it has some nice furniture on the 2nd floor.

Never mind what is out of print first, she's saved up and you should focus on which she'd enjoy more. If you think she might collect more than one, then secretly buy Fire brigade and hide it until she's ready for another.

Never mind what is out of print first, she's saved up and you should focus on which she'd enjoy more. If you think she might collect more than one, then secretly buy Fire brigade and hide it until she's ready for another.

Fire Brigade is a harder build than the Pet Shop. Since it will be discontinued first, follow that advice and get it secretly. If she does well and really likes PS then she'll like that. If not, you will always make your money back selling a modular after its been discontinued.