Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

1. I don't know; the box itself looks pretty sweet, and that's a plausible reaction from any current day teen. :tongue:

I was just kidding! :tongue: I didn't actually cry! :sceptic: Although its the coolest box I own... :cry_happy: *crying* :cry_happy:

Okay, if I can get the following things fir less than 100 USD (w/o shipping) should I?

2 Shock Trooper minifigs

2 Droid Battlepacks w/o figs

2 Grievous Starfighters w/o figs

1 Hailfire Droid set

2 Rouge Shadows w/o figs

Over 600 clear elements

DSR

4483 or 10178 I’m curious if I could have the opinion of someone who owns both sets, as in two weeks time 10178 is 10% off in Lego stores in the UK if it’s worth it or shpuld I wait and quire a 4483?

I have £50.00 to spend on lego.

I've narrowed it down to either:

- Indiana jones jungle cutter.

- Agents missions 1,2,3

- V19 torrent starfighter

- Magnaguard starfighter.

I have until firday to figure it out so

HELP ME EUROBRICKS, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

Dark Sword: Sounds like a good deal..up to you.

Simonjedi: The First Three Agents Mission sets, but again it is up to you.

Cardinal Brick: I don't own either sets. I can't help.

Okay, new deal, tell me if it's worth 20 USD shipping:

2 Shock troopers

1 Clone Battlepack

3 Droid Battlepacks w/o figs or weapons

2 Droid Battlepacks with figs

2 General Grievous Starfighters w/o figs

3 Rouge Shadows w/o figs

720 Trans-Clear parts

Some gears from Exo-Force and some technic set

10 Trans-Dark Blue Jewels

Total is 134.48 USD

With approx. shipping, 154.483

Sound like a good deal?

DSR

The Management (Wifey Bat) has given me £20 she made off flogging a phone on eBay and (of course) I'm going to send it on Lego. I was in Woolworth's this afternoon and saw 7733 Truck & Forklift for £19.99 and 7998 Classic Truck for £17.49. I stood there for ages looking at both boxes but could not decide which to get...

Lots of good reasons for either of them but just couldn't make up my mind. 7998 is a much bigger box and is a bigger set but would have to be relagated to my building site with the other outsized vehicles. It is also discontinued so should I grab it whole I can? However, 7733 is a better City/Town scale and comes with a forklift and some cool accessories and a great looking minifig driver...

Not an easy choice although I think I am leaning towards 7733 for the scalibility, accessories and extra minifig.

Thoughts and opinions please before I go back to town tomorrow...

Cheers

Rog

I got 7733 today and definitely think I made the right choice. The detail on the forklift is great - A set in it's own right. Two great minifigs and some cool new pieces for me as an added bonus!

Thanks for the tips guys

Cheers

Rog

Okay, new deal, tell me if it's worth 20 USD shipping:

2 Shock troopers

1 Clone Battlepack

3 Droid Battlepacks w/o figs or weapons

2 Droid Battlepacks with figs

2 General Grievous Starfighters w/o figs

3 Rouge Shadows w/o figs

720 Trans-Clear parts

Some gears from Exo-Force and some technic set

10 Trans-Dark Blue Jewels

Total is 134.48 USD

With approx. shipping, 154.483

Sound like a good deal?

DSR

Weird lot (3 Rogue Shadows w/o figs?) but I can see why you might want this for army building/MOC making/whatever. 20$ seems fair enough for shipping, go for it dude.

EDIT: I have a question, too- after getting the three Hoth Sets (base, AT-AT and AT-ST), is there anything else left to buy? And my cousin is 9, maybe 10, and he wants the Turbo Tank, preferably w/o Mace. Does anyone know a good price, or something like that?

Edited by Dovchenko

Alright, how about this?

2 Shock Troopers $5.38

7 Droid BP's w/o droids $20.65

1 Hailfire Droid BP $ 18.48

1 Droid MTT $94.95

Total: $139.46+20 approx. shipping: $160

Sound like a good deal, or should I go with:

9 Drid BP's w/o droids $26.55

3 MISB Droid BP's $23.76

3 Gen. Greivous Fighters w/o Gen Greivous $ 23.85

2 MISB CLone BP $14.95

2 Rouge Shadows w/o figs $35.90

Total: 139.96+$20 approx shipping: 160

Which of the two sounds better?

The reason I want so many BP's and the MTT is so I can build a Tri Droid. I figure the MTT will give me plenty of brown, and the BP's give me some other elements I want for the legs. Plus, I want a bunch of STAPs! :wub:

Keep in mind, I don't own any droids and about three clones. :hmpf_bad:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Assuming both lots are from the same buyer, Ragnorak...

I'd buy:

-1 Clone BP MISB

-7 Droid BP w/o droids

-1 Hailfire Droid BP

-1 Droid MTT

Why not the Two Shock Troopers? I'd rather have a Clone Commander and additional trooper, PLUS a turret, PLUS a speeder bike, rather than just two figures from it for 5 bucks. If 2 BP's are 14.99, then they're 7.99 each. I'd pay the extra 3 dollars to get a Clone Vehicle and Turret, plus two additional troops. 5 bucks for two Shock Troopers sounds okay, but not at all when compared to 4 figs a turret and a speeder bike for 8 bucks. If they aren't from the same buyer though, forget about it.

With so many pieces on the MTT, plus so many extras from the Droid BP's, along with the Hailfire Droid BP, you're set. You officially have every single kind of droid infantry unit available (I saw your Magnaguard review, nice): 22 Battle Droids, 2 Pilot Battle Droids, 2 Security Battle Droids, 1 Battle Droid Commander, 1 Super Battle Droid, 1 Destroyer Droid and 2 Magnaguard. Very cool collection of droids you've got there. It's much better than having loads of figure-less battle packs, seeing as the packs don't come with any noticable brown parts not counting the STAP (which you're planning on keeping together anyways). Also, even if you could be getting more STAP's just purchase them seperately or revisit the site and buy the BP's later. However, 7 STAP's would make a great squad- maybe with a Droid Commander on a STAP at the lead or something.

Actually, only the Droid BP's are $8. :hmpf_bad: The Clone BP's are $15.

Okay, so here's my final verdict: ( I decided to get more bang for my buck, i'll get the MTT later)

7 7654 Droids Battle Pack - no minifigs, guns,or box-$20.65

3 7654 Droids Battle Pack - with minifigures-$23.72

3 7656 General Grievous Starfighter - ship and instructions only - $23.85

1 7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack - $14.95

2 7672 Rogue Shadow - ship, sticker, and instructions only-$35.90

1 7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid - $18.48

TOTAL: $139.09

This sound like a good deal?

DSR

EDIT: Yes, they are from the same seller, Dovchenco.

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Actually, only the Droid BP's are $8. :hmpf_bad: The Clone BP's are $15.

Okay, so here's my final verdict: ( I decided to get more bang for my buck, i'll get the MTT later)

7 7654 Droids Battle Pack - no minifigs, guns,or box-$20.65

3 7654 Droids Battle Pack - with minifigures-$23.72

3 7656 General Grievous Starfighter - ship and instructions only - $23.85

1 7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack - $14.95

2 7672 Rogue Shadow - ship, sticker, and instructions only-$35.90

1 7670 Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid - $18.48

TOTAL: $139.09

This sound like a good deal?

DSR

EDIT: Yes, they are from the same seller, Dovchenco.

A very good choice then my friend. :classic:

Well, it turns out I have less funds than I had thought. :hmpf_bad: So, I have listed what I'm getting for sure, then the extra options.

For Sure:

8 Droid BPs w/o figs $23.60

1 Clone BP with figs $14.95

OPTION 1:

2 Droid BPs with figs $15.84

2 Gen. Grievous Fighters w/o Grievous $15.90

2 Rouge Shadows w/o figs $39.90

OPTION 2:

3 Droid BPs with figs $23.70

1 Gen. Grievous Fighter w/o Grievous $7.95

2 Rouge Shadows w/o figs $39.90

OPTION 3

2 Droid BPs with figs $15.84

2 Gen. Grievous Fighters w/o Grievous $15.90

1 Rouge Shadow and 1 Hailfire/Dwarf Spider Droid BP $38.95

OPTION 4

3 Droid BPs with figs $23.70

1 Gen. Grievous Fighter w/o Grievous $7.95

1 Rouge Shadow and 1 Hailfire/Dwarf Spider Droid BP $38.95

All of the options average around $110. Plus shipping, around $20. That covers my new budget, around $130 USD.

Whitch option souds the best, 1,2,3, or 4?

DSR

I have a dilemma. I've got the rest of the year planned out, LEGO-wise. Except for a end-of-summer buying-things-erie, in which I'd like to get some Agents sets. I've narrowed it down to two choices -

Choice 1 - Jetpack Pursuit and Swamp Raid

- Price - $39.98 CAD

4 figs

Laser crocodiles

Less parts

Angry Agent face and Break Jaw

Choice 2 - Speedboat Rescue

- Price - $54.99 CAD

3 figs

Sharks

More parts

Agent Trace and Break Jaw

Can anyone with the sets give me their opinion?

I would go with choise 1

because you also get one of those new arms and the bad guy you would get in chhoise 2 is in the swamp raid.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

I will go against LEGOMAN132's idea by saying you should go for choice 2.

This is why:

1. The brand new sharks are much, much better than the crocodiles!

2. Agent Trace is very hard to find unless in larger sets.

3. The Speedboat is well designed and is very good for any Agent missions at sea.

There also are not many features in Mission 1 and 2, but I do like the foliage in Mission 2.

If you asked about Mission 3 though... :wub:

I don't own those sets, but I wuld go with choice 1. However, I would HIGHLEY recommend saving your money and getting mobile command center. If not, then go with choice one, and with the money you svae not getting choice 2, buy agent trace off ebay or bricklink. :classic:

Thanks for the input - I think I'll get Choice 2 - I really like the tone of the set, and I can always get the other two sets later separately.

Thanks for the input - I think I'll get Choice 2 - I really like the tone of the set, and I can always get the other two sets later separately.

You have 666 posts?

Anyway to stay on topic; I have the comic-con exclusive star wars set and I would like to sell it. So should i buy the at-te or buy the magnaguard fighter and buy 3 stormtroopers battlepack? I'm into storm troopers now. :tongue:

I bought the Hoth Rebel Base and while it was okay I felt underwhelmed. It was very difficult to pick up and play around with and easy to build.

I like the Sandcrawler and I should have bought it 3 years ago, dunno why I neglected it. I'm not sure what to buy with it if I get it however. My possible ideas are:

Rebel Scout Speeder: It's fleshie, comes with figs that will likely become rare and is OT. The rebel speeder is of this year, they are far apart, meaning pieces will be quite different from each other. Though the figs have nothing to do with Jawas it is a Rebel Speeder, stationed supposedly on Tatooine, due to the background of its picture. Plus, it's cheap. However, it could be quite an underwhelming set and actually, not go well on display with the jawas. While this is a speeder, used in war and such, the sandcrawler is a trader vehicle with no enemies, and no need of Rebel Defense. Plus, it's not like I can get a good display going together. Two ships isn't much to work with, and doesn't build up a scene at all.

Mos Eisley Cantina: The expected pair for the Sandcrawler, it comes with a decent Cantina (small, but it will scale next to the crawler nicely), rare figures (*cough* Greedo!), a landspeeder like in the film, a dewback to search for C-3PO and R2-D2 with a Sandtrooper and some of the main heroes, which should make an interesting display. Both sets are in the new colours (which I honestly like quite a bit) and the Sandcrawler pulling up beside the Crawler is like the Scout Speeder is... plus a Cantina in front and a dewback passing by, searching. The Jawa set has no enemies, so the Sandtrooper and Greedo would add great enemies for playability. I know it's overpriced greatly, but I'm willing to put down the money to get it boxed, high as the price is. The ONLY CON, and this is the only thing that keeps me from deciding... Owen Lars is included in Fleshie, while all of the other figs are in yellow. I'm not sure if it's as picky as it might seem... having different skin tones like that wouldn't really work out. I could hide him in the Cantina, or the Sandcrawler, but that would be wasting another figure to put into the scene. The price is high but I'm willing to pay, the price with OF COURSE go up in the future and seeing as Greedo is already 20 bucks apiece, I'm sure that it would be the heart of my collection next to the Sandcrawler. There's a year difference in parts, so there's no biggie.

The Sail Barge would give me a fleshie Luke but not how he is in the Cantina, and besides, I've already built it for my cousin and we try to collect different things (so that we can both see what the sets were like of each year). It also wasn't my favourite build.

I'm strong to the Cantina here but something about Owen Lars bugs me. I'm overreacting and I've known that since I thought about it, but... doesn't it bug you? The change wasn't a turn for the worst but it still angered a few people. Not me, but now something that would have been absolutely perfect is stopped by having fleshies and yellows. How hard was it to have all fleshie anyways? :grin: Well anyways, any ideas?

Please post questions like this in the What Should I buy Thread. :classic:

I would recomment the Cantina, as It is the best match for the sandcrawler and has so many good features.

Edited by ~VBBN~

Buy the Cantina, Sandcrawler and UCS Falcon. Switch the yellow Luke, Han, and Ben for the Falcon's fleshie ones. That way you could put 3PO, Chewie, and R2 in your Cantina.

Buying the Falcon is a pretty big investment, and buying it for just the figs...ehhh :sceptic: But anyway, I'd go with the Cantina, it goes hand in hand. And also, you could just buy the Falcon figs serperatly on Ebay if you really want to.