Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I'm thinking about getting a small set (around 10 dollars) just for the parts and extra figure parts. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

JCC

Hmmm that's something I frequently do. I'd recommend one of the small Creator sets for parts, outside of sales you really can't get a better deal for that price.

The pieces are useful and have a wide range of purposes. But I'm sure you know that already :laugh:

If it's figs you're after, then the obvious choice would be a Star Wars battle pack for sheer volume, but personally I find the figures to be a little generic when looked at as figure pieces as opposed to a whole figure - there's not much you can do with them - if it's more unique figure parts you want then I'm personally fond of the Space Police line, if Aliens are your thing. If not then you can't go wrong with good old City!

So yeah, I myself would recommend the small, green Creator car "Street Speeder" (6743) but the more recent helicopter one, "Rotor Rescue" (5866) looks quite nice, too.

Hope this helps

Regards, Will/Rocketbilly

I'm thinking about getting a small set (around 10 dollars) just for the parts and extra figure parts. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

JCC

I'd go with Hassassin's Hideout, but if not, try the Snake Canyon. A few motorcycles won't hurt anyone. :sweet:

So, I'm thinking about getting either of the following 4 sets:

- 7744 Police Headquarters ($87.88 AUD)

- 7208 Big City Fire Station ($99 AUD)

- 5985 Space Police Central ($88)

- 5974 Galactic Enforcer (not too certain on the price, hoping its around $80-$100AUD, probably going to drop it if it's significantly more than that)

Recommendations would be appreciated, cheers

Reposted from my thread: I'm planning on picking up either 7946 King's Castle from the new Kingdoms line or the 7573 Battle of Alamut in PoP. I have no idea because I want both badly! I'm willing to spend the extra $20USD for King's Castle. ANy help and suggestions?

- 5974 Galactic Enforcer (not too certain on the price, hoping its around $80-$100AUD, probably going to drop it if it's significantly more than that)

7744 Police Headquarters would be the best IMO, but Galactic Enforcer comes in close second. You could wait for the SP HQ, and there will be another Fire Station in the next 5 years anyway.

Reposted from my thread: I'm planning on picking up either 7946 King's Castle from the new Kingdoms line or the 7573 Battle of Alamut in PoP. I have no idea because I want both badly! I'm willing to spend the extra $20USD for King's Castle. ANy help and suggestions?

I recently bought both sets.

I prefer the Battle of Alamut. I think the minifigs look better. (although fleshies)

And there is much more detail in this set. I prefer the overall looks of the Battle of Alamut.

don't know how long you can wait, I can post pictures of both sets next to each other in 2 or 3 days. (I'm on holiday now and the sets are in my car)

Fenrir

I recently bought both sets.

I prefer the Battle of Alamut. I think the minifigs look better. (although fleshies)

And there is much more detail in this set. I prefer the overall looks of the Battle of Alamut.

don't know how long you can wait, I can post pictures of both sets next to each other in 2 or 3 days. (I'm on holiday now and the sets are in my car)

Fenrir

I'm planning on waiting until July 6th (pretty exact date :tongue: ) I'm getting myself a set as a reward for all th pain I've endured with my braces... Anyway, I can wait that long, and I've been wanting to see them side by side, so thanks! I have originally been leaning towards King's Castle, but only because it would be my first "true" castle. I've had Citadel of Orlan and many knights, but never a true castle. But I do love the figs in both sets (especially Dragon Knights and all in Battle of Alamut). Everyone so far has said Battle of Alamut, though.

Aw, great. I need your help. Before long, my TRU is gonna have the Slave 1, Temple of Doom, and AT-TE. Which one should I get first?

Aw, great. I need your help. Before long, my TRU is gonna have the Slave 1, Temple of Doom, and AT-TE. Which one should I get first?

As ZO6 said, go with the AT-TE.

I'd go the Space Police Central, so much variety and playability, and looks much better than the Police headquarters. By the way where are you seeing the 5985 for $88?

Hi all!

If you may or may not know, there is a buy one get one 50% off at Toys R Us in the US. I have about $100 dollars to spend (my wife limits me to $100 a month, except at Christmas!) and I can't decide what to get. I'm looking for some of the Castle sets but I might go into City if I need to (for the sake of getting the most for my money.)

-urukhai

Topics such as this belong in the What set should I buy? thread. I'll merge it once you see this post.

As far as your decision, I think it depends on whether you want to buy just the castle or a variety of smaller sets. The the castle is a great set, but you might feel that you get more for your money buy buying a mix of things.

Good luck with your choice!

I'm coming back from a long period without lego but recently I've been buying sets to get started and to do fun.

I'm either starting with lego city or with space police sets. I have an unopened galactic enforcer (5974) that I got for 25% off. I also bought Farm (7637) for a deal (usually $90, purchased for $52), along with City Corner (7641) for half off. I loved the space sets I had when I was young, and didn't have many town sets.

I have limited funds so I'm going to return either the enforcer or the city pieces. I also got the fire station set (7208) for the city but I'm not quite sure about the set, even though I got it for 40% off from borders. I love fire fighter's theme but the set seems younger than my taste. Good amount of pieces for price though? I picked all the sets up in the past 2-3 days around my area and I'm really split on getting all the space police sets or starting a city. Any more experienced builders have any suggestions?

So here's my ideas:

Return the city sets and pick up more space police sets

return the enforcer and work with some city pieces

space police theme is fun and the minifigs are really neat (especially criminals), city is very traditional and what's more lego than building your own town? never did this as a kid

sorry if my post seems unclear, english isn't the first language. thanks!

I suggest you forget aabout the sale and order the 10193 castle set from Lego.com before they are all gone. They have free shipping right now

I'm coming back from a long period without lego but recently I've been buying sets to get started and to do fun.

I'm either starting with lego city or with space police sets. I have an unopened galactic enforcer (5974) that I got for 25% off. I also bought Farm (7637) for a deal (usually $90, purchased for $52), along with City Corner (7641) for half off. I loved the space sets I had when I was young, and didn't have many town sets.

I have limited funds so I'm going to return either the enforcer or the city pieces. I also got the fire station set (7208) for the city but I'm not quite sure about the set, even though I got it for 40% off from borders. I love fire fighter's theme but the set seems younger than my taste. Good amount of pieces for price though? I picked all the sets up in the past 2-3 days around my area and I'm really split on getting all the space police sets or starting a city. Any more experienced builders have any suggestions?

So here's my ideas:

space police theme is fun and the minifigs are really neat (especially criminals), city is very traditional and what's more lego than building your own town? never did this as a kid

Well, I won't decide for you but here's an extra bit of data : City sets will probably be around for a while and LEGO will keep making them. It would be a very fortunate event if space police continues in 2011, but to be honest chances are it is not and even if it does it will be its last year for sure. For a long term plan city may do better for you.

I would never buy a city set over a space theme. But that's because I got into space but a lot of people prefer city.

Topics such as this belong in the What set should I buy? thread. I'll merge it once you see this post.

As far as your decision, I think it depends on whether you want to buy just the castle or a variety of smaller sets. The the castle is a great set, but you might feel that you get more for your money buy buying a mix of things.

Good luck with your choice!

OK, I wasn't sure where to put it.

The weird thing is that the link, links back to this very thread

That's because White Fang merged the two topics default_blink.gif

So here's my ideas:

Go with the Space Police. There will always be City sets available, but Space Police is probably done this year.

I suggest you forget aabout the sale and order the 10193 castle set from Lego.com before they are all gone. They have free shipping right now

Luckily last time they had free shipping (Christmas) I picked up 3 of them. I need to decide fast; the sale ends tomorrow (I'll probably just stop by there and decide by myself!)

I'd go the Space Police Central, so much variety and playability, and looks much better than the Police headquarters. By the way where are you seeing the 5985 for $88?

I ended up picking up 5974, mainly because at some unknown point I made a resolute pact to myself that I'd find it at a clearance price. And I did, got it for $67 at Big W :D

The 5985 on the other hand - I just remember someone mentioning that it was going for that price at Big W in the Aussie sales thread (though this was about a week ago). I never actually saw it anywhere for that price, was just going on an assumption. :classic:

Edited by Tony Almeida

Hey Eurobricks,

I'm a new member, and I have a dilemma. I have $150, and am going to get a modular building, but I'm torn between the Fire Brigade and the Grand Emporium.

Can you, the community of EB, help me decide? Thanks. Oh, and I've just discovered (I've never been here before) that i can't make a poll. So, i have to ask a question instead.

-Minifigure_fan :laugh:

Edited by minifgure_fan

If you will be able to get another modular building in the next year, I'd suggest the Fire Brigade, only because it's older.