Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Buy the Cantina, Sandcrawler and UCS Falcon. Switch the yellow Luke, Han, and Ben for the Falcon's fleshie ones. That way you could put 3PO, Chewie, and R2 in your Cantina.

:tongue: You planning on buying the UCS Falcon for me buddy? Where I live, that totals up to about a thousand bucks... 700 for the falcon, 150 for the sandcrawler (on S@H) and 90 for the Cantina.

By the way, I forgot completely about the what to buy forum. Sorry about that, I can change the topic into something more user-oriented or an admin could merge this.

So LEGO is expensive in a dark, DARK, Forest. I'll keep that in mind. Where I live the most expensive thing would probably be the Cantina, since it is so rare.

So LEGO is expensive in a dark, DARK, Forest. I'll keep that in mind. Where I live the most expensive thing would probably be the Cantina, since it is so rare.

:grin: I really should change that...

They both look so good. So which one should i buy. Or are they good enough to dish out the extra money for both? I was also want to know if the SSD is good or not(Mainly for the troops) So is it worth my money?

I am a TFOL btw

I have just recently bought both these sets and would recommend, very strongly, the 7676.

I bought them both because i'm a collector and i wanted the minifigs, but if i had to just get one, the 7676 was miles ahead of the 7675.

The main difference is the build. The 7675 build was, for me, quite underwhelming having too much technic and also building the legs is quite repetitive.

The 7676 on the other hand is completely awesome and, at this stage, my favorite star wars lego set ever!

Much better than 7675 and 7665 and even 4504.

I am a tfol too and I am fortunate enough to have obtained all the sets. I happen to love the AT-TE for its alazing design and sturdiness. The seperatist spider droid is not too shabby either, and commander fox is an impressive mini-fig to behold. Your best bet is probably these two sets in my opinion.

I haven't yet bought the 7675, but I can definitely agree that it's an amazing set. Worth the extra $20 they charge for it. Go for the Gunship!

PS For the future, I'm pretty sure there's a "What set should I buy" thread where you should post stuff like this.

Hope I helped.

I would get both. I have both of these plus the RGS, and they are all great sets.

Hey!Its good to meet some TFOLs.I am one myself. :classic: Anyway I recomend you get the gunship.It has more funtions than an AT-TE.But the At-Te is quite fun to build.But if you have enough money you can buy both! :thumbup: But I think you should put more piority on the gunship!

I just finished building the RGS :grin:. If your like me and want and own a lot of clones I'd put priority on the RGS as it holds more.

Edited by AoNZ

I would choose the Republic Gunship. I have a feeling that this ship will rise to 400 dollars again once it's discontinued. As well, Asajj Ventres, Obi-Wan, Cody, The Clones and Plo Koon are already worth almost a hundred in total, so that wouldn't be a bad investment at all. For how good the set is... it's really great, smart choice, to go ahead and buy that. Well built and sturdy from what I can see. But see the movie first, I hear it didn't get so great, if you're picky.

Adding on to my question before: What goes with the Sandcrawler? No way am I forking out 100 bucks for the Cantina! I mean it's not that great. I was wondering if other than the Sandcrawler if there are any "droid sets", and not Battle Droid, that are affordable and entirely fleshie. I thought about the IG BP coming out soon but it's too long a time difference, completely different pieces and stuff. Plus, it's CW, and personally I don't like the movie, though I've yet to see it.

I was thinking the Rebel Scout Speeder but there are no droids, just rebels. It's a Tatooine Set basically, but still, even if the extremely designed figs will go well with Owen Lars, they aren't really related. Plus, I'm not sure how they look together... anyone have both sets and can give me advice? However, the sets put together give me Rebel Troopers and C-3PO (who can be a special kind only featured in the set) / R2-D2, like on the Rebel Blockade Runner. It seems good, cheap and won't overshadow the Sandcrawler. However, adding more droids to my Jawa Shop would make me a bit happer.

The Imperial Dropship doesn't look good on its own, and probably not with the Sandcrawler. Fig-wise, it would make a bit of sense due to the fact that Stormtroopers killed Owen in the movie, and again, these guys were on the Rebel Blockade Runner. Again no droids, and it doesn't look very good at all with a masterpiece like the Sandcrawler towering above.

The Imperial Landing Craft makes a bit more sense. It's another ship, with guns and <insert that tiresome argument> cannons and weird inside colours, but it's an okay build. Sandtroopers will be a good addition to the Sandcrawler, but I'm not a fan of the ship and personally, it's too big. Compared to the Sandcrawler, it looks to be over half height, and besides, blazing white with red cannons blue axles and weird rubber cannons next to a giant brown vehicle? That would make a poor display.

I can't find any good droid sets other than the Imperial Sets, even then, they're expensive and huge (the ones that come with droids anyway). This includes the Imperial Star Destroyer and Death Star, they're not only too much money but CRUSH the Sandcrawler in size. However a new R2 Unit would look good with the Sandcrawler, and the Mouse Droid too.

Tie Collection comes with a 3-piece, tiny Droid Brain. It's insignificant and I'd have to buy a 100 dollar set to get it. I COULD learn to like it, but I'd rather stick to Tatooine and things that make sense with the Sandcrawler. I could get that LULS Vader I want for cheap too, if I want to expand my Tie Army. But still, it's only ONE droid...

I like non-battle droids in new colours for a low price, but not buying them seperately seeing as I'm a very picky completionist.

Edited by Dovchenko

Okay- I normally build city, but I'm tempted to buy a castle set (my first, actually!)

Should I buy Green Grocer, or these two together:

AAAAAg3NIHwAAAAAAJnu3w.jpg

7093-1.jpg

Edited by samthelegoman1

Do any of you have a favorite CW set? I have $70 and can't decide on either the V-19 torrent or the Homing Spider Droid. I don't like space battles because it's hard to hold 2+ ships in one hand especially on the V-19. It's also got one minifig, which I don't like. But I love the hydraulics and the pistons on it. The spider droid I hate, but the minifigs I want. OR should I save money for the AT-TE?

Sorry about the sorta off topic: I like the new RGS or the AT-TE.

Wait and save your money for the RGS. I have it, and it's wonderful set. or, if you're urgent, the V-19 is also a good choice.

New Question: Should I buy this and this or, just this?

Definitely Tower Raid.

I just cannot stress how amazing that set is.

The HP sets, while they come with some unique pieces, aren't worth it, IMO.

Bluebeard, out-

I'm not so sure about this. I mostly build City and miscellaneous, and if I buy Tower Raid, it'll be the first Castle set I own :sceptic:

I hear ya there, as I'm not really a "Castle guy" either.

I was a bit "on the bridge" about buying the set at first, but I bought it in the end and I don't regret it either!

Of course, you're welcome to make the decision yourself, so don't think I'm pressuring you or anything. :classic:

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

It's also a first for me on Pirates. THey were too expensive, but I needed them for the Pillage the Village contest, so I just bought a lot of minifigs and accessories.

It's also a first for me on Pirates. THey were too expensive, but I needed them for the Pillage the Village contest, so I just bought a lot of minifigs and accessories.

Pirates are great, you all want to save up for the moment the new sets hit the stores! :grin:

What about the Dwarven mine?, if you love castle off course.

There is a nice review in the Academy, if you have access to it, that is...

Tower raid is neat too, but if you have a hundred, I would definatly buy a larger set instead of a (few?) smaller.