Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#66: WANTED! Steerpike the Poisoner

OOC: Minor change to autoroll conditions: we can autoroll with the following strategy until a Hero is in danger of being KO'd or Nagure is Confused

Autoroll Battle Order:

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, nothing)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, nothing)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

Nagure (Axe of the Croise vs. Dark Night, Front Row)

>Sorrow (guard door (do nothing), Back Row)

OOC: And if Arthur runs out of Ether, the plan will be:

Autoroll Battle Order 2:

Nagure (do nothing, Front Row)

>Arthur (Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Arthur (Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

...again, autorolling only until a Hero is in danger of being KO'd or Nagure is Confused.

Growing tired of waiting the hors d'oeurves to arrive, the next speaker takes the stage. He's none other than Heinrich Hinckwell, head of one of the oldest and most highly esteemed families in Uland.

heroicaquest66-ballroom5.jpg

He started with greetings from his family to the attendants, and went on with highlights from the common history of the city and his ancestors.

heroicanpc-heinrichhinckwell.jpg

"...But finally, I have a great announcement to make. I chose this specific day to make it because it touches the future of not only my family, but this city as well. May I ask my son Lyren to join me up here on the stage, as well as the honorable Count Shadeaux with his younger daughter, the ethereal beauty Bellanotte?"

The summoned persons got up from their seats, and walked up to the stage. The crowd gasped and murmured in expectation.

"Tonight, I want to announce my son Lyren's engagement to Bellanotte Shadeaux. May their lives be fortunate and prosperous together! And may they bring peace between their two families, who have not gotten off to a good start. Count Shadeaux, we Hinckwells have not welcomed your business to these islands with open arms, but the love between our youth have brought us closer to each other. Let us leave our differences behind and build a better Eubric together. What do you say?"

heroicanpc-noctusshadeaux.jpg

"Bien sur, mon ami! Ze 'Inckwells are now ze same famille wiz Le Shadeaux. Strengz iz in unity."

"Let us raise our glasses to Lyren and Bellanotte!"

heroicaquest66-ballroom6.jpg

The newly-engaged youth took each other by the hand as the crowd applauded and cheered. The feeling in the ballroom was so high that nobody even remembered the belateness of the servings. There were a few people who did not look happy about the turn of the events... Umbra Shadeaux was hissing at her younger brother.

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux2.jpg

"If I had known zis was waiting for me when I got back 'ome, I would never 'ave left Dastan in ze first place. Seriously, ze dragon was nozing compared to zis abomination! You should 'ave neveur brought zat 'Inckwell boy tu our 'ouse, Nuitan. I said 'e was nozing but trouble from ze start!"

heroicanpc-nuitanshadeaux.jpg

"Umbra, you don't know how sorry I am. I couldn't help prevent this, it was their own choice..."

Meanwhile, at the Hinckwell table, Lorcan got another talking-to from his mother.

heroicanpc-laurelinehinckwell.jpg

"See, now even your teenage brother has gotten engaged before you. I heard Barbariccia Dellamore is in her dressing room right now. Just go meet her!"

heroicanpc-lorcanhinckwell.jpg

"Mother, for the last time, I will do no such thing! A Hinckwell does not grovel in front of anyone. And to think I will have to think of Umbra Shadeaux as my sister from now on..."

Laureline Hinckwell rolls her eyes, but gives up the conversation. At least she would have Lyren to give her grandchildren now...

Results of Round Nine of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Horrapple - Special Damage (Apple Bomb - Arnulf: 12 health+3 SP-(5/2=3 dmg)=12 health; Kiray: 10 health+2 SP-(5/2=3 dmg)=9 health; Grimwald: 9 health+1 SP-(5/2=3 dmg)=7 health)

>Kiray vs. Cherrible - Special Damage (No effect)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Special Damage (No effect)

Horrapple - Cursed (-3 max health)

Horrapple - Blessed (+3 health)

Cherrible - Blessed (+3 health)

The Horrapple throws an Apple Bomb that causes minor damage to Kiray and Grimwald. The heroes miss again.

Results of Round Ten of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Horrapple - Shield (Mug - Horrapple: 19 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=4 health; Arnulf: +15 gold)

>Kiray vs. Cherrible - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Miss

Horrapple - Cursed (-3 max health)

Horrapple - Blessed (+3 health)

Arnulf mugs the Horrapple again while Kiray assumes the Sentinel-position again.

Results of Round Eleven of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Horrapple - Hit (Horrapple: 7 health-14 dmg=0 health)

Kiray vs. Cherrible - Special Damage (No effect)

Arnulf slays the Horrapple as well. Only the Cherrible remains anymore.

Results of Round Twelve of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Shield (Mug - Cherrible: 35 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=20 health; Arnulf: +15 gold)

>Kiray vs. Cherrible - Damage (Kiray: 9 health+2 SP-(4/2=2 dmg)=9 health)

Arnulf mugs the Cherrible, but it's able to attack Kiray as well, although with no effect.

Results of Round Fourteen of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Hit (Cherrible: 23 health-(14/2=7 dmg)=16 health)

>Kiray vs. Cherrible - Critical Hit (Cherrible: 16 health-(7/2=4 dmg)=12 health)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Hit (Cherrible: 12 health-4 dmg=8 dmg)

All heroes manage to damage Cherrible, but it recovers some of the health back due to its blessed state.

Results of Round Fifteen of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Hit (Cherrible: 11 health-(14/2=7 dmg)=4 health)

>Kiray vs. Cherrible - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Damage (Grimwald: 7 health+1 SP-(4/2=2 dmg)=6 health)

Arnulf hits the cherry monster again. Kiray protects everyone with Sentinel, but not before the Cherrible gets another hit at Grimwald.

Results of Round Sixteen of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Shield (Mug - Cherrible: 7 health-30 dmg=0 health; Arnulf: +7 gold)

Kiray vs. Cherrible - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Shield (Miracle - All party members: +7 health)

Luck is finally on the heroes' side as Arnulf mugs the Cherrible to death and gains some more gold, while Arnulf heals everyone.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience. The enemies drop a Big Apple, a Banana and a Bunch of Cherries.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 7

Power:
(7+8)

Defense:

Health:
13/13
(7+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 2

Power:
(2+3)

Defense:

Health:
11/11
(10+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion, Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 2

Power:
(2+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(9+1)

Ether:
6/6
(5+1)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion, Bedroll

Party Leader, divide the spoils of the battle:

heroica-bigapple.jpgBig Apple – Raises power by one permanently when eaten.

heroica-banana.jpgBanana – Restores full health when eaten.

heroica-cherries.jpgBunch of Cherries – A bunch of 10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time.

The fruit monsters are vanquished, but they leave the kitchen in a real state of turmoil. However, Yasmar is not a Master Chef for no reason.

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"Alright, we got rid of those little megablocks! Now gather up their remains and toss 'em in a bowl. Add some sugar and spice and everything bloody nice and voilá, we've got ourselves a megablocking fruit salad! Go serve it, and be megablocking fast about it!"

With the hors d'oeurves on their way, the kitchen staff starts to prepare for the main courses. Will they turn into demonic abominations as well? Or will Steerpike step in and try to sabotage the food? Time will tell...

QM Note: Sorry, backdoor party, you will have to wait until tomorrow again, as I desperately need to go to sleep now. You can blame your overly complex battle strategies, though... :tongue:

"All right chef, you see we have a knack in fruit choping, we will return on our posts again" Arnulf said to big chef "All right boys, time to spoil our victory prizes, Grimwald you should get Cherries, since you are the only one who uses ether. As for big apple i would like to have it, if you don't mind Kiray, I'm open for agreement so give me insight, and I want to congradulate you on fine display in your first fight, cheers "

Edited by Shoker86

"That wasn't too bad. Can't let one bad apple spoil the rest." Kiray sheathed her sword and slung her red shield across her back. She tied back the wisps of hair that became loose during the battle, letting only her long bangs hang out. "That's fine with me, Arnulf. I'll take the Banana."

Kiray then turned her attention to Master Chef Yasmar. "Master Chef, do you mean us to take out the salads? We were advised to stay here in the kitchen, and who knows if the main courses turn into something."

Boomingham snakes back from poking his head outside the front door of the Theatre just in time to see the big announcement. He grins at Nyx. "Don't that just warm your heart?"

Arnulf distributed the loot, Big apple to himself, Banana to Kiray, Cherries to Grimwald

Boomingham walks over to the Hinckwell table, assuming that Umbra was in no mood to take. He bowed in front of the matron of the family.

"Hello, madam. My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. I am friends with your son Lorcan, and have had the honor of serving your family in the past. I would like to offer my congratulations on this joyous development. I imagine it must bring a mother great joy to see her son engaged."

Boomingham snakes back from poking his head outside the front door of the Theatre just in time to see the big announcement. He grins at Nyx. "Don't that just warm your heart?"

"It would, if I didn't think it was just about politics." Nyx whispers back out of the corner of her mouth just before Boomingham wanders off again.

Nyx sighs, and her stomach rumbles. They were out to catch a poisoner, but there was no sign of food and the drink didn't seem to be affecting anyone, and really a full frontal assault would work just as well with everyone here, so the Wolfgang could just barge in and start firing off crossbow bolts. She almost hoped they would.

Another frustrated sigh; if they weren't allowed to taste anything, how were they to stop people from being poisoned? If they couldn't talk to people, how were they to determine who might be an impostor? No dancing, no food, just an ornament who really, really wants to set fire to something while Larry happily glad-hands the rich and famous.

"Nice job, both of you, pity we are missing all the party" Arnulf sighed "Still we have work to do, and no trace of that poisoner Steerpike"

QM Note: Flipz, the Jester's Hat specifically says "targeted enemy", so I can't have you copying Nagure's immunity. Sorry!

Results of Round Six of the Dark Night Battle:

>Arthur does nothing

>Arthur uses Healing Staff on Nagure - Critical Hit (Nagure: +31 health)

>Arthur does nothing

>Arthur uses Healing Staff on Nagure - Confuse (Nagure: confused)

Nagure (Axe of the Croise) vs. Dark Night - Shield (War Cry - Dark Night: 711 health+1 SP-(39x8=312 dmg)=400 health)

>Sorrow does nothing

>Sorrow does nothing

Arthur's unnecessary tomfoolery with the Healing Staff results in Nagure getting confused. Luckily the yeti manages to find his actual target, cutting the Dark Night's health almost in half. Sorrow just watches from the sidelines in awe.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-darknight.jpg

Dark Night

*Weakened for 1 round*
*Sealed for 2 rounds*

Type: Dark

Level: 33

Defense: 1

Health: 400/999

Special:
Darkness
– Causes 33 darkness-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents.

Drops: Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded), Grand Tonic

Note: Immune to blinded, asleep, stunned, petrified, confused and sudden death.

Backdoor Party:

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
(Flipz) ***Party Leader***

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+5)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
8/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)
Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword),
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics),
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]),
Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)

Artifacts:
Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
(Grants target’s weapon the
Badly Poisoned
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Remedy, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Berserker.

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Counterstriking*
*Encouraged*
*Confused for 3 rounds*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Axe of the Croise (WP: 10,
Light
-elemental axe),
Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Stone Hammer (WP: 14,
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, hammer),
Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, Mead x2,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Mockthril Bow: Badly Poisoned*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
SP: 1, +2 power;
bodywear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5),
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Mead x9, Smelling Salts x9, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scales x2,
Bedroll

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

Kiray then turned her attention to Master Chef Yasmar. "Master Chef, do you mean us to take out the salads? We were advised to stay here in the kitchen, and who knows if the main courses turn into something."

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"What the hell? I thought you weren't here to serve but to guard, princess. Who are you, exactly? What kind of a game are you playing? Did YOU bring those megablocking monsters with you?"

The Master Chef starts fuming again. It seems that Kiray's words have started to rouse his suspicions, despite their triumphant battle against the demonic fruit just now.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 7

Power:
(7+8)

Defense:

Health:
13/13
(7+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll,
Big Apple (Power +1 when eaten)

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 2

Power:
(2+3)

Defense:

Health:
11/11
(10+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion,
Banana (Restores full health when eaten),
Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 2

Power:
(2+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(9+1)

Ether:
6/6
(5+1)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion,
Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time),
Bedroll

"Hello, madam. My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. I am friends with your son Lorcan, and have had the honor of serving your family in the past. I would like to offer my congratulations on this joyous development. I imagine it must bring a mother great joy to see her son engaged."

The matriarch of the Hinckwell family looks up from her plate that had just been served to her.

"Thank you, milord. It is truly a blessing to see one's child so in love."

Laureline gazes at Lyren, who in turn can't help glancing repeatedly towards the table where the Shadeaux family sits.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I must taste this fruit salad. Master Chef Yasmar's cookings are famous is courts across the world."

As soon as the hors d'ouerves are gladly consumed, another speaker takes the stage.

heroicaquest66-ballroom7.jpg

heroicanpc-alphonsecula2.jpg

"Ladieth and gentlemen ov thith fine thity of Eubric! I have rithen to thith thtage vith a very important meththage on behalv ov my undead brotherth and thithterth. Vor too long, living people have lived in vear ov vampireth, thombieth, ghoulth and ghathtth. All the vhile me and my brethren have lurked in the dark cornerth ov the world in thhame and agony. I tell you nov, you have nothing to vear! Ve nov vant to join thith community and do our duty tovardth it ath your vriendth and comradeth. Ve vant to veel proud to call ourthelveth thitithenth ov Eubric onthe more! All I athk ov you ith to thtop being avraid ov uth and driving uth into hiding. Ve have tho muthh to learn vrom eathh other, you living and uth undead..."

This went on for quite a while. Most of the crowd weren't even listening, and those who were lost interest because they couldn't understand the lisping doctor. Finally his fellow alchemist pulled Doctor Cula down from the stage.

"Well Master Yasmar, don't offend so lightly, lady didn't mean to provoke. She just won her first battle, so she's preety much excited, nothing more. She didn't bring those monsters, I guarantee for it, with my honour, and life if it needs be"

Arnulf tried to calm Master Chef

Thothwick, arms folded behind his back, walked across to Dr. Cula.

"Most illuminating speech, sir. I had not such knowledge that your people were so subjugated. The 'free city' indeed. I too am trying to highlight a cause close to my heart. Any tips for a Metasimian trying to bring peace to Eubric?"

Boomingham watches as the vampire is dragged off stage by the U'Kin. He knew very little about the Guild of Invision, having never really crossed their path beyond the gnome who apparently occasionally worked for them.

"Of course, Madam. Enjoy the meal."

Boomingham gives a nod to the Bonapartes as well, the only other house he had not really spoken to all evening. The mustached man seems sad, and Boomingham impulsively gives him a friendly and comforting pat on the back before wondering if it was a tad strange and if maybe he had drank a little too much.

Boomingham approaches the vampire, snagging just one piece of fruit off the plate in front of the old man in the hat. Boomingham pops it in his mouth and chews on it, happy once more to feel no poison coursing through his veins. Boomingham waits for Thothwick to introduce himself before too going through the pleasantries.

"Hello, Dr. Cula." Boomingham says with a stiff bow. "It must be nice for you to get out and about. I must confess that I know little about vampires, though a number of my Norse friends have... admonished me for my views and actions concerning them in the past."

"Step away from the cretin."

Boomingham swats at the invisible Barty. "Is it really your belief that such, commonly... well, perhaps not all, but certainly most.... such nefarious beings such as vampires, yourself excluded of course, and this is only going off of past experience- do you think they can truly live side-by-side with other races? Lord Lawrence Boomingham, by the way."

Edited by Zepher

OOC: Damn. :sceptic:

"Gah, sorry Nagure. Let's just Counterstrike him to death now."

Battle Order:

>Nagure (do nothing, Back Row)

>Arthur uses Remedy on Nagure, Back Row

>Arthur uses Healing Staff on Sorrow, Back Row

>Sorrow guards door (does nothing), Back Row

>Sorrow guards door (does nothing), Back Row

OOC: We can autoroll with the same Battle Order, with Arthur continuously using the Healing Staff on Sorrow from the Back Row, and Nagure and Sorrow doing nothing from the Back Row.

Kiray''s blue eyes widened. Her feet unconsciously backpedaled. "Oh no, sir, I did not mean it like that."

I brace for impact as Arthur tries to trigger his magnetic mojo... as he attempts to whack me over the head with a... baseball bat?

"Be careful with that, Arthur!" I say, concerned.

I watch the door and do nothing from the back row, hoping Arthur doesn't give me blunt force trauma.

Edited by Endgame

Results of Round Seven of the Dark Night Battle:

>Nagure does nothing

>Arthur uses Remedy on Nagure - (Nagure: confused removed)

>Arthur uses Healing Staff on Nagure - Shield (Magnetic Mojo - Arthur: +33 gold)

>Sorrow does nothing

>Sorrow does nothing

Dark Night - Free Hit vs. Nagure (Nagure: 32 health+21 SP-(33/4=9 dmg)=32 health; Dark Night: 400 health-(15x2/2=15 dmg)=385 health)

The heroes see it best to resort to a safe strategy, since the Dark Night cannot hurt Nagure with his free hits if the yeti is standing on the back.

26 rounds later, the yeti counters the attack from the spirit of the night for the final time...

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Arthur gains a third of a level while Nagure and Sorrow earn a half. The enemies drop an Unlucky Horseshoe, a Night's Helmet and a Grand Tonic.

Backdoor Party:

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
(Flipz) ***Party Leader***

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 21 2/3
*Immune to
Sealed

Power:
(21+5)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
8/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)
Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword),
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics),
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]),
Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)

Artifacts:
Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
(Grants target’s weapon the
Badly Poisoned
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Berserker.

Level 16
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(16+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
33/33
(8+15+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Axe of the Croise (WP: 10,
Light
-elemental axe),
Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Stone Hammer (WP: 14,
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, hammer),
Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, Mead x2,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 20

Power:
(20+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
31/31
(7+19+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
SP: 1, +2 power;
bodywear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5),
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Mead x9, Smelling Salts x9, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scales x2,
Bedroll

Party Leader, divide the spoils of the battle:

heroica-unluckyhorseshoe.jpgUnlucky Horseshoe - WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon.

heroica-nightshelmet.jpgNight’s Helmet - SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear

heroica-grandtonic.jpgGrand Tonic - Restores 15 ether to the target when consumed.

With the dark spirit gone, the back alley is quiet again.

"Well Master Yasmar, don't offend so lightly, lady didn't mean to provoke. She just won her first battle, so she's preety much excited, nothing more. She didn't bring those monsters, I guarantee for it, with my honour, and life if it needs be"

Kiray''s blue eyes widened. Her feet unconsciously backpedaled. "Oh no, sir, I did not mean it like that."

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"I megablocking told you not to get in my way! I have enough stress without any snotnosed sellswords or demonic vegetables messing around in my kitchen, you hear?!"

The heroes duck as the ladle swings their way again. Luckily Yasmar soon directs his anger towards his assistants who are doing their best to prepare the main course.

Thothwick, arms folded behind his back, walked across to Dr. Cula.

"Most illuminating speech, sir. I had not such knowledge that your people were so subjugated. The 'free city' indeed. I too am trying to highlight a cause close to my heart. Any tips for a Metasimian trying to bring peace to Eubric?"

"Thank you, thir! Vreedom and peathe ith all I withh vor Eubric athvell. But ath long ath there are thikth ruling houtheth each pulling the thtringth to their ovn direction ve cannot hope vor thingth to thettle dovn. Ve need to unite to make Eubric a better plathe to live vor everyone!"

Boomingham gives a nod to the Bonapartes as well, the only other house he had not really spoken to all evening. The mustached man seems sad, and Boomingham impulsively gives him a friendly and comforting pat on the back before wondering if it was a tad strange and if maybe he had drank a little too much.

Admiral Bonaparte looked up, surprised of Boomingham's gesture. He said nothing, though.

"Hello, Dr. Cula." Boomingham says with a stiff bow. "It must be nice for you to get out and about. I must confess that I know little about vampires, though a number of my Norse friends have... admonished me for my views and actions concerning them in the past."

"Is it really your belief that such, commonly... well, perhaps not all, but certainly most.... such nefarious beings such as vampires, yourself excluded of course, and this is only going off of past experience- do you think they can truly live side-by-side with other races? Lord Lawrence Boomingham, by the way."

"Nithe to meet you, Lord Boomingham! I am convinthed that thith vhole debacle betveen the living and the undead hath jutht a big mithunderthtanding vrom the beginning. Thure, there are bad seedth in every crop, but ve undead are not inherently evil. Ve live in the dark, but that doethn't make uth criminalth, doeth it? Jutht think ov the poththibilitieth! Eubric could be a thity that never thleepth, governed by the living during daylight and the undead during the night! Ve could prothper in vayth that have never even been given a thought before!"

The vampiric doctor is happy to finally have an interested audience, so he isn't about to stop talking. Madame Ladybug, who is sitting next to him, twitches her long ears in frustration.

"It is my personal belief that everyone should have the opportunity to affect this world we live in. I must admit that I have yet to meet any of your kind, barring yourself, who I believe would have a good impact on the city, however."

"That is because they are the spawn of evil, Lawrence. You want a good legacy, you must let Steerpike strike this monster down, as you struck the bloodsuckers down in the alley way."

"It seems to me that more often than not your kind robs others of opportunity." Boomingham sucks on his upper lip. "I respect you and your guild, however. It is impressive that you grew strong with the city, and clearly you deserve your place at the very least, Doctor."

Boomingham, while staying at the table, waves over Nyx. "Are you not enjoying the party, dear? Why don't you socialize? The only way to have any affluence in a city such as this is to have friends in high places. This is your opportunity. These people have proven their worth, they are the best of the best, they are the history makers. These are the people who may immortalize you."

"Well, that was fun. Let's see...Nagure, you already have better Blindness-immune Artifact and you don't have room to equip the helmet anyway, so it goes to Sorrow. You can't use either of the other two items, so here, take three of my Grand Potions for yourself. I'll hold on to the horseshoe and Grand Tonic. Oh, and Sorrow, here, you can borrow my Scarf of Misfortune and my Shackles of War."

Loot Distrubution:

Arthur- Unlucky Horseshoe, Grand Tonic

Sorrow- Night's Helmet

Edited by Flipz