Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#66: WANTED! Steerpike the Poisoner

Boomingham himself continues his trajectory across the Theatre, stopping only for a moment to talk to the Maitre d'. "Chap, I respect your job, you've got to respect ours. We're trying to keep these people safe without causing a panic. Please tell your people to bring me some mulled wine if they're refusing me mead. Trust me, it is allowing me greater leverage with these people. Everyone is willing to talk over a drink."

heroicaquest66-maitred.jpg

"Let me spell it to you: No. Drinking. On. Duty. Your suave tongue might sway a fleshy being, but I am golem. My stone heart does not warm up to a drunkard's pleas."

Boomingham scampers next towards Umbra. "My dearest, I hope there are no hard feelings over our match in the warehouse. I respected you greatly then, and do so now. It is a great honor to meet you once more, I was hoping we might get the chance. I'm sure you found, upon further inspection, that we didn't actually take anything that belonged to your family. I personally didn't allow it, though that Imp I was with tried to. I have always thought of us as friendly rivals, you match my sword well, and I yours. I hope that you will be willing to dance with me at some point tonight, either with sword or in the more conventional sense. Here, take these gloves of mine as a sign of friendship, they'll compliment your outfit wonderfully." Before the beautiful young lady can get in a word edgewise, Boomingham hands her the sterile gloves that Arthur loaned him, and walks away once more.

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux2.jpg

"Your compliments are wasted on moi, Lord Bigbelly. I will neveur fourgive you ze way you broke into our storage, killed men of finesse in cold blood, and shamed moi by stealing my prized rapier afteur our duel. I know ze 'Inckwells sent you zen, and I 'ave no reason tu doubt you are working for zem tunight as well. You can keep zose gloves to yourself - white is not my colour anyway."

The heiress of the Shadeaux family is not easily impressed, it seems.

He comes to stand next to Zelda. He bows deeply and attempts to kiss her wrinkled old hand. "Greetings, my dear. I have heard a thing or two about you from a number of friends, but have never had the pleasure of meeting you myself. My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham of the Lost Kingdom. This is quite a brood you have here. Tell me, what do you think of the evening so far?"

heroicanpc-zeldaziegfried2.jpg

"How do you do, Lord Boomingham? Thank you for asking, the evening has begun in an interesting way, I must say. It is a rare occasion that all of the Great Houses of Eubric are gathered in one place like this - why, I can't remember a single event before this! You should know you are standing on a barrel of cannon powder ready to explode at any time. The slightest word can be taken as a grave insult with these people, and when you insult one of them, you insult their whole family. Always remember that when you are dealing with people in high places. Although judging by your title, you aren't unfamiliar with that walk of life, either. But what am I talking here, you should go and enjoy yourself on this night of celebration!"

Thothwick reached into his pocket, and pulled out the S.O.W membership forum, which currently contained only he and Hoptet.

"I'll leave you to think about it; I believe I'm afraid I'm required elsewhere."

Mabel stares after the Metasimian in puzzlement, with the leaflet in one hand and her husband's collar on the other.

The Metasimian moved swiftly over to the U'Kin.

"It's rare to meet a U'Kin outside of Dastan. Do you know I once had the pleasure of acquainting myself with the late U'Stus? Very valiant gentleman he was, too. How is Dastan, these days? Do you hear much of her comings-and-goings?"

QM Note: I take it you're addressing both of the U'kin present, since you did not clarify. :wink:

heroicanpc-madameladybug2.jpg

"Hmmm, I was born and raised in Eubric, actually. My parents moved here from Dastan before they had me. They lived in the farmlands outside of the city. Hmmm, that is where I got my fascination towards herbs and plants from, I guess."

DSCN0114.jpg

"I dedicate my days to serving Sir Guffington. I sometimes write to my relatives in Dastan, but I'm not bothered much by the comings-and-goings of the Empire."

Since everyone has arrived, the guests are directed to their places on the tables and the waiters start to serve appetizers. A steady hubbub of conversation fills the ballroom as Bilbert Wigglepike prepares to take the stage...

heroicaquest66-ballroom3.jpg

Boomingham sighs. "I always thought Umbra and I had an understanding."

Suddenly a little voice appears in his ear. "Look up, you dolt. Stop worrying about the ladies. They will never like you."

Barty, hitherto invisible so that he could keep an eye and ear on everything, now floats next to Boomingham. The large Lord's gaze travels upwards, hoping to spy whoever's hand is holding the extra wine glass on the balcony level.

Out of the corner of his eye, Arthur checks to see if the cat is making any movement toward the door.

Nyx glares at the golem, knowing it wouldn't even notice her doing so, or even care, but it just feels like the right thing to do.

"Well Larry, I'm not sure what to do next really. We can't talk to anyone without Mr Personality there stopping us, and we've checked everything else so far."

Nyx sees Barty floating, looking upwards.

"Oh, good spot.." she mutters as she looks around the room trying to catch any unusual movements ".. be right back.." and Nyx moves towards Phoebe.

"Hello again Phoebe, how are you? Is there anyone here who hasn't had a drink at all? Aside from me and my friends of course. Anyone here strike you as unusual in any way at all?"

Results of Round One of the Dark Night Battle:

>Nagure does nothing

>Arthur uses Scroll of Weakening on Dark Night - Success (Dark Night: weakened; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Sealing on Night Mare - Success (Night Mare: sealed; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Night Mare - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Lethal Aim/Lethal Hit (Night Mare: 907 health-(43x2=86 dmg)=821 health)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Damage/Shield (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33+27x1,5=90 gold)

Dark Night - Free Hit vs. Nagure (Nagure: 32 health+21 SP-(33/4=9 dmg)=32 health; Dark Night: 999 health+6 SP-(15/2=8 dmg)=997 health)

Arthur devises a complex plan against their sinister adversary, but it is not very effective. Sorrow manages to make some gold out of it, though. As the battle continues, Arthur checks out the cat in the box. It seems to have gotten scared of the ominous rider and slipped away.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-darknight.jpg

Dark Night

*Weakened for 3 rounds*

Type: Dark

Level: 33

Defense: 6

Health: 997/999

Special:
Darkness
– Causes 33 darkness-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents.

Drops: Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded), Grand Tonic

Note: Immune to blinded, asleep, stunned, petrified, confused and sudden death.

heroicafog-monster-nightmare.jpg

Night Mare

*Sealed for 3 rounds*

Type: Beast/Demon

Level: 27

Health: 821/907

Special:
Night Terrors
– Causes the fast asleep- and afraid-effects to the target.

Drops: Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon)

Note: Immune to asleep and blinded.

Backdoor Party:

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
(Flipz) ***Party Leader***

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+12)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
27/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)

Artifacts:
Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
(Grants target’s weapon the
Badly Poisoned
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Remedy, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Berserker.

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Stone Hammer (WP: 14,
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, suitable for barbarians, clerics and alchemists), Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Axe of the Croise (WP: 10,
Light
-elemental),
Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, Mead x2,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
SP: 1, +2 power;
bodywear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5),
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Mead x9, Smelling Salts x9, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scales x2,
Bedroll

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

"All right, Nagure, you can move to the Front Row now. Keep it going, Sorrow!"

Battle Order (and suggested actions, confirmed actions are Bold):

Nagure (do nothing, Front Row)

>Arthur (Frail Night Mare, Back Row)

>Arthur (Frail Night Mare, Back Row OR if Night Mare Frail, Light through Sir Roderick's Sword, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Armor Sundering vs Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Armor Sundering vs Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night Armor Sundered, Light vs. Night Mare through Sir Roderick's Sword, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Night Mare, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Night Mare, Back Row)

Arnulf glances to kitchen entrance. Great night in city's history, and he was stuck in the kitchen. Smell of booze filled his nostrils, he wanted to hit someone. All this patience made him very tense. "Kiray, Grimwald, got any plans or should we wait some more?" Arnulf asked his team mates.

QM Note: I take it you're addressing both of the U'kin present, since you did not clarify. :wink:

Sorry Sandy! I somehow managed to forget that Madam Lady bug was a U'Kin too. :facepalm:

Thothwick positions himself so that he can see what is behind the left stage curtain, them moves to allow himself to peer behind the right stage curtain.

I jerk a thumb towards the black-clad raider, and ask Arthur:

"So, what do you think? Insane, drunk, or both?"

Night Mare, back, twice.

I jerk a thumb towards the black-clad raider, and ask Arthur:

"So, what do you think? Insane, drunk, or both?"

"I'm going with some kind of magical construct or summon. It seems to be some sort of manifestation of the night itself. Probably summoned by the Wolfgang to distract us while the real strike is launched. Fortunately, Nagure is still leaning against the door, but we really do need to finish this guy up quick just the same." Arthur glances toward the door, to see if anything is moving towards it.

Edited by Flipz

The large Lord's gaze travels upwards, hoping to spy whoever's hand is holding the extra wine glass on the balcony level.

Boomingham looked up, only to see his newfound friend Captain Mumbasa raising his chalice to him from the balcony.

heroicaquest66-balcony.jpg

"Oh, good spot.." she mutters as she looks around the room trying to catch any unusual movements ".. be right back.." and Nyx moves towards Phoebe.

"Hello again Phoebe, how are you? Is there anyone here who hasn't had a drink at all? Aside from me and my friends of course. Anyone here strike you as unusual in any way at all?"

Nyx does not spot anything out of place, but Phoebe is more than eager to share some juicy gossip.

heroicaquest66-maid.jpg

"Gee, the things a gal hears in events like this! For instance, Lady Shanxian refused the welcoming drink - said it was uncustomary to drink alcohol during a mourning period. Sir Guffington, on the other hand, has had plenty to drink ever since he got here. Oh, and Mrs. Bludrun, wife of the head of the Butcher's Guild, asked for water only, but I happen to know it's because she's preggers for Mr. Furback, the leader of the Tanner's Guild. But that was only expected after the accident that Mr. Bludrun had with a horny bull that wasn't quite ready to die yet... Trust me, all hell will break lose if the affair ever comes to daylight. Even now you can't put a butcher and a tanner in the same room with each other. Speaking of disputes, the teachers of the Academy that were invited here haven't spoken a word to each other during this whole evening! I wonder why that is..."

Phoebe could've gone on for who know's how long if the stoic maitre d' didn't interrupt her with a loud cough.

Thothwick positions himself so that he can see what is behind the left stage curtain, them moves to allow himself to peer behind the right stage curtain.

Thothwick finds nothing and nobody behind the curtains. Mr. Wigglepike gives him a curious look as the halfling walks up the stairs to start his speech, though.

heroicaquest66-ballroom4.jpg

heroicanpc-bilbert.jpg

"Ahem! Can I have everyone's attention, please! Thank you! As you all know, I am Bilbert Wigglepike, the proprietor of this Theater. First of all, let me welcome you once more to my humble abode to celebrate the 400th Foundation Day of our beloved city, Eubric Freeport, also known as the Ever-changing City and the City That Never Sleeps."

The heroes could hear the younger Hinckwell son snicker.

heroicanpc-lyrenhinckwell3.jpg

"Yeah, because it's citizens are too busy robbing and stabbing each other to sleep."

heroicanpc-bilbert.jpg

"Four hundred years ago, three great families - the Hinckwells, the Bonapartes and the Porthiar - declared Uland and the surrounding islands free and independent from any kingdom or empire. They built a mighty city in place of a puny fishing village, and nurtured it and protected it over the centuries, letting it grow and prosper. With no laws and regulations, it was not easy to do. Some families grew mighty only to fall due to their own pride and greed - as happened to the Porthiar. Others grew along with the city and gained fame, like the Ziegfrieds and the Guild of Invision. Others yet moved into the city and got a foothold in the internal affairs, such as the Shadeaux and the Ji Pei. It is because of hard work and dedication that the city still stands in this same spot, four hundred years later. We did it together, we the free people of the Free Islands! Tonight, we celebrate our freedom and independence. To Eubric!"

"TO EUBRIC!!!" the audience shouts back.

heroicanpc-bilbert.jpg

"Please enjoy tonight's performances. And please note that we have the one and only Master Chef Yasmar in charge of all the food served here tonight. Your tastebuds will be blown away, let me assure you! We begin with the hors d'oeuvres very soon. Once again, welcome from the bottom of my heart!"

The audience claps their hands politely as the servants hurry into the kitchen.

Arnulf glances to kitchen entrance. Great night in city's history, and he was stuck in the kitchen. Smell of booze filled his nostrils, he wanted to hit someone.

Arnulf did not have to wait any longer, for once the flurry of waiters marched into the kitchen, Yasmar raised his terrifying ladle and shouted from the bottom of his massive lungs.

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"HORS D'OEUVRES!!! You megablocking slugs! Get that bloody fruit salad into those bowls in this instant or you'll end up in it yourselves!"

The three heroes watched in awe as pieces of fruit practically flew across the kitchen. But then something went terribly wrong.

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"AAARGGGHH! What the megablocking megabluck?!"

Much to their horror, the heroes saw three devilish creatures made of mutated fruit assaulting Yasmar. It looked like little fruit demons had appeared to avenge the chef for all the greenstuff he had sliced and diced during his career.

heroicaquest66-kitchen2.jpg

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"What are you just standing there, you useless pieces of shit?! Aren't you going to help me?!"

The heroes saw no other option but to attack the demonic fruit.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-horrapple.jpg

Horrapple

Type: Plant/Demon

Level: 5

Health: 46/46

Special:
Apple Bomb
(2/2) – Causes 5 wood-elemental damage to all opponents. The Horrapple has two bombs, and nothing happens if both are used up.

Drops: Big Apple – Raises power by one permanently when eaten.

heroicaquest66-bananasty.jpg

Bananasty

Level: 6

Health: 62/62

Special:
Banana Split
– Cuts the target’s health by half (rounded down).

Drops: Banana – Restores full health when eaten.

heroicaquest66-cherrible.jpg

Cherrible

Level: 4

Health: 41/41

Special:
Cherrish the Moment
– Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.

Drops: Bunch of Cherries – A bunch of 10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 6

Power:
(6+8)

Defense:

Health:
12/12
(7+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorn(SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(10+0)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion, Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
9/9
(9+0)

Ether:
5/5
(5+0)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion, Bedroll

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

Results of Round Two of the Dark Night Battle:

Nagure does nothing

>Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Night Mare - Success (Night Mare: fragile; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Armor Sundering on Dark Night - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Armor Sundering on Dark Night - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Damage/Shield (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33+27x1,5=90 gold)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Shield/Damage (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33+27x1,5=90 gold)

Dark Night - Free Hit vs. Nagure (Nagure: 32 health+21 SP-(33/2=17 dmg)=32 health; Dark Night: 997 health+6 SP-15 dmg=988 health)

Arthur manages to debilitate the steed some more, and Sorrow greedily steals more gold, but other than that, nothing much happens.

Enemies:

Dark Night

*Weakened for 2 rounds*

Defense: 6

Health: 988/999

Special:
Darkness

Night Mare

*Sealed for 2 rounds*
*Fragile for 3 rounds*

Health: 821/907

Special:
Night Terrors

Drops: Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon)

Backdoor Party:

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+12)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
23/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)

Artifacts:
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
Badly Poisoned
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Remedy, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, suitable for barbarians, clerics and alchemists), Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Light
-elemental),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ice
and
Darkness
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
bodywear)

Inventory:
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Bedroll

"Right, let's try that again."

Battle Order (and suggested actions, confirmed actions in bold:

Nagure (do nothing, Front Row)

>Arthur (Armor Sundering vs. Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Light vs. Night Mare through Sir Roderick's Sword, Back Row)

>Arthur (Armor Sundering vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night SP already sundered, Scroll of Poisoning on Sorrow's Mockthril Longbow, Back Row)

>Arthur (Light vs. Night Mare through Sir Roderick's Sword, Back Row)

>Sorrow (vs. Night Mare, Back Row)

>Sorrow (vs. Night Mare, Back Row)

Edited by Flipz

"Nrrgh - can't find a single nerve on this thing. Again!"

Boomingham grinds his teeth.

"Can't say I like the balconies much. Just another thing to watch. Thanks, Barty. Keep an eye out, and make yourself scarce again."

"Don't let anything happen to these people, Lawrence. They may not be good, but they're better than the alternatives."

Barty disappears again. Boomingham, still drinkless, opens up one of his meads and takes a long drink from it. The party is weighing on his nerves. He glances up at the other balcony, just to see if there is anything worth seeing. He then makes his way over to Lady Shanxian.

"I have heard of your troubles, my dear lady. A number of my old friends were on the quest to retrieve your boy. I would like to offer my apologies on behalf of Heroica, and also my own personal regret. I am Lord Lawrence Boomingham of the Paladin Order. I imagine it must be hard to enjoy the evening with such a heavy heart. I commend you for still attending." Boomingham raises his glass. "No drink for you?" Boomingham also nods politely to Lee Long as a greeting.

"What in the name of Ennoc's knickers... Righto then! Let's get to it, youngun's!"

Grimwald attacked Cherrible with his broomstick from the back row.

Ooc: Sorry, I'm doing this from my phone.

"Oh great, demonic fruit" Arnulf said "For Eubric!!". Arnulf attacks Bananasty from Back Row

Battle Order: (sugested actions)

1. Arnulf attacks Bananasty BR

2. Kiray attacks Horrapple BR

3. Grimwald attacks Cherrible BR

Edited by Shoker86

"Lettuce fight."

Kiray attacks Horrapple from the back row.

Grimwald couldn't help but let out a chuckle; partially because of Kiray's awful pun, and partially because of the horrid chef needing their help.

"What's so funny, Grimwald?" Kiray asked. "A-pear-antly something must be tickling you, but what is it?"

"I'll slice you up Bananaman with my friend Cheesy, Kiray I want you to make me an apple juice, and you Grimwald always be merry when slicing a cherry, CHARGEEEEEEE "

Realizing a valuable tactical opportunity, Arthur changes one of his Scroll actions.

OOC: Battle actions updated, and Battle Order fixed to reflect all actions being in. :wink:

Results of Round One of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Shield (Mug - Bananasty: 62 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=47 health; Arnulf: +15 gold)

>Kiray vs. Horrapple - Critical Hit (Horrapple: 46 health-(7/2=4 dmg)=42 health+cursed)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Damage (Grimwald: 9 health+1 SP-(4/2=2 dmg)=8 health)

Horrapple - Cursed (-3 max health)

The rookie heroes decide to play it safe against the demonic fruit, so they cause only minor damage. Kiray's Ancient Crown curses the Horrapple. The Cherrible manages to hit Grimwald, but he only receives a scratch.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-horrapple.jpg

Horrapple

*Cursed*

Level: 5

Health: 42/43

Special:
Apple Bomb
(2/2) – Causes 5 wood-elemental damage to all opponents. The Horrapple has two bombs, and nothing happens if both are used up.

Drops: Big Apple – Raises power by one permanently when eaten.

heroicaquest66-bananasty.jpg

Bananasty

Level: 6

Health: 47/62

Special:
Banana Split
– Cuts the target’s health by half (rounded down).

Drops: Banana – Restores full health when eaten.

heroicaquest66-cherrible.jpg

Cherrible

Level: 4

Health: 41/41

Special:
Cherrish the Moment
– Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.

Drops: Bunch of Cherries – A bunch of 10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 6

Power:
(6+8)

Defense:

Health:
12/12
(7+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(10+0)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion, Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
8/9
(9+0)

Ether:
5/5
(5+0)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion, Bedroll

Results of Round Three of the Dark Night Battle:

Nagure does nothing

>Arthur uses Scroll of Armor Sundering on Dark Night - Success (Dark Night: -5 SP; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur (Light through Sir Roderick's Sword) vs. Night Mare - Mirror Damage/Great Spell (Night Mare: 821 health-(45x4=180 dmg)=641 health; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Poisoning on Sorrow's Mockthril Bow - Success (Sorrow's Mockthril Bow: badly poisoned; Arthur: -5 ether)

>Arthur (Light through Sir Roderick's Sword) vs. Night Mare - Great Spell/Great Spell (Night Mare: 641 health-(45x4=180 dmg)=461 health; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Damage/Lethal Aim (Night Mare: 461 health-(22x4=88 dmg)=373 health+badly poisoned)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Shield/Lethal Aim (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33+27x1,5=90 gold)

Dark Night - Free Hit vs. Nagure (Nagure: 32 health+21 SP-(33/2=17 dmg)=32 health; Dark Night: 988 health+1 SP-15 dmg=974 health)

Night Mare - Badly Poisoned (373 health-10 dmg=363 health)

Arthur continues to stack nasty effects on the enemies. Together the heroes cut down Night Mare's health drastically.

Enemies:

Dark Night

*Weakened for 1 round*

Defense: 1

Health: 974/999

Special:
Darkness

Night Mare

*Sealed for 1 round*
*Fragile for 2 rounds*
*B
adly Poisoned*

Health: 363/907

Special:
Night Terrors

Backdoor Party:

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+12)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
15/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword),
Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed

Inventory:

Weapons:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics),
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]),
Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
Light

Artifacts:
Jinxed

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
Poisoning
Badly Poisoned
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
Weakening

Consumables:
Badly Poisoned
Confused

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Earth
&
Darknes
Ice,
Fire,

Inventory:
Light
-elemental),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Mockthril Bow: Badly Poisoned*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ice
and
Darkness
, Armor of the Croise (
bodywear)

Inventory:
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Bedroll

"Good job, keep it up crew" Arnulf shouted attacking Bananasty from back row again

Battle order

1. Arnulf

2. Kiray

3. Grimwald

OOC: I'm waiting for more input, I'll update battle order if necessary