Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Site slowness fix implemented - your feedback is needed

I guess you all noticed the slowness EB experiences from time to time.

Ace has been investigating and tested a possible fix on our testboard. A few moments ago this fix has been implemented on this live board.

We need all of you to monitor over the coming days the site performance (=speed) and also check for possible side effects of the fix (shouldn't be, but you never know).

I'm on a holiday on the slowest internet connection ever, so I can't judge if the site goes fast or slow.

It does seem a little faster now. My biggest issue with slowness is the frontpage it takes forever to load. Right now it is a lot faster!

So far so good, been an hour with the patch in place and the load on server seems to have become much less, hope it continues :classic:

I guess I can close that terminal window which is ready to revert the patch at a moments notice now.. :tongue:

The mobile version is MUCH quicker for me both on 3G an wi-fi; it makes navigating the forum less infuriating!

Thanks for the fix!

Great work, ace! It's running so much faster for me. The most notable areas are the PM and the Notifications dropdowns. Both of these I had given up on using over the last couple weeks because they were so slow to load it was faster to just go click around, now they are finally useful again.

:thumbup:

I've noticed no problem side effects on my end at all. :dhappy:

Thanks, ace. Eurobricks has been running noticeably faster for me lately. :sweet: