Darkdragon

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 1 The Welcome Surprise

That was a good nap.

Why are your eyes so red?

Nothing a bit more sleep and a few eyedrops can't fix.

Does everybody else have a number associated with being admitted?

I'm student number 03. I think there's probably nothing to the numbers. What does interest me, though, is why some are holding back on sharing their student numbers.

Why does the mascot have to be chicken?!

Gah.

My thoughts exactly. That chicken suit is freaking me out.

:hmpf:

Anyways... My number is 04. Not that I think it matters but here you go.

:blush:

Hey Chuck, whats up , Yea I think they are from Europe

Not much. No way they are from Europe, I know EVERY metal band from here to Moscow, and I've never heard of them...

I'm student number 08 by the way, but I don't think that the numbers will help us find the Black Mesa scum gang goon squad. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm student number 08 by the way, but I don't think that the numbers will help us find the Black Mesa scum gang goon squad. Anyone got any ideas?

I say we look how they dress. Obviously, John 'I'm on a ' Bender, Jeanie 'sit and spin' Beuller, Evil Chuckie Miller and Davey OsBONE should be suspect. I mean, just look at them. I thought this was a good school.

Edited by Tohst

I seriously doubt there's any correlation between the numbers and the player. There are twenty-two players, so logically everyone will have a number between one and twenty-two.

Obviously. :laugh: No, I was pretty sure there wouldn't be any importance of the numbers, I just figured asking everyone their number would reveal some interesting results. Not as interesting as I had hoped, but I still got some tells nonetheless. Thanks all! :thumbup:

Claire what are yo so intrested about everybody else and their number, what are you hiding

And why not? Do you seriously believe that the numbers actually mean anything? If not, why not share our numbers?

And why not? Do you seriously believe that the numbers actually mean anything? If not, why not share our numbers?

Cameron is clearly above reproach. Look at his outfit. It looks expensive. He can sit at my table.

-Bud

Since nobody thinks the numbers mean anything(and yes, I'm still keeping track of them), what about the names we have all be given? Do they intrigue you at all? I am enough of a movie geek to know most of them off top of my head. I don't know if they correlate to anything, but we have suspiciously popular retro 80s names.

I think the painful feet and lungs are nothing compared to the glory of winning the nationals. :innocent2:

No pain no gain! The nationals are where it's at!

My number is 5 just like me carrying my drum out in front! :)

Oh my fellow students, the Aperture Cocks are going to nationals or my name isn't Ricky Sanders!

What about making Burger King the official fast food restaurant of the Academy? I hate Chick-fil-a.

Brian, mate, good to see you again! I might need to take you up on that offer.

Anytime Craig. I will be sitting right in front of the class.

Anyway ,i hope we dont have to go early to school ...what was our homework by the way?Can i copy it from someone ?

School is so fun, I am learning so much! :wink:

Copying?! That is so not academic! :thumbdown:

John, it is hard shouting across the class, why not you come to the front of the class and I will teach you how to do your homework.

We can form study groups together and we can figure out our homework and assignments together! :thumbup:

If anyone is interested in forming study groups, I will be sitting right in front of the class.

After all, we would all want to graduate from this Academy, don't we?

Look for the guy that is clean shaven, has perfect gelled hair, crystal clear spectacles and wears a green jumper if anyone needs any help.

Does everybody else have a number associated with being admitted?

I am student number 16. Nice to meet you Claire. :classic:

I have always considered the mascot as the representative of the school. So I'll represent us cocks for the year. Can I hear a GO COCKS?

Okay, I will repeat this, can I hear a: LET'S GO COCKS!

Great spirit Ricky! :thumbup:

LET'S GO COCKS!

Back to studying,

Brian 'Brain' Johnson

My student number is 10 here. Since I'm dyslexic, that means I'm number one! So there. And number one is what the Cocks will be as soon as I find the rest of the soccer team so we can get practicing and running and stuff. Go COCKS!

We can form study groups together and we can figure out our homework and assignments together! :thumbup:

If anyone is interested in forming study groups, I will be sitting right in front of the class.

After all, we would all want to graduate from this Academy, don't we?

Back to studying,

Brian 'Brain' Johnson

I'm up for study groups - gotta keep my grades up to keep my athletic scholarship. And since I spend as much time as I can on the field, studying is hard! I'll take any help I can get cause my parents will just KILL me if I lose the scholarship.

Since nobody thinks the numbers mean anything(and yes, I'm still keeping track of them), what about the names we have all be given? Do they intrigue you at all? I am enough of a movie geek to know most of them off top of my head. I don't know if they correlate to anything, but we have suspiciously popular retro 80s names.

Suspiciously? Seriously? I may not look like I'm paying much attention, but this is the Class of 1984. I thought you were being helpful raining the question about the student numbers, but now I'm starting to think you're just generating conversation for the sake of it.

Anytime Craig. I will be sitting right in front of the class.

That's going to be a problem. I've never sat in the front row of the class and I'm not about to start now.

raining

"raining" = "raising". Wish we could go back to pencils.

Suspiciously? Seriously? I may not look like I'm paying much attention, but this is the Class of 1984. I thought you were being helpful raining the question about the student numbers, but now I'm starting to think you're just generating conversation for the sake of it.

Sorry I was being cryptic. Most of us have '80s movie character names that I was able to find. Claire Standish = Breakfast Club.

Sorry I was being cryptic. Most of us have '80s movie character names that I was able to find. Claire Standish = Breakfast Club.

Would be interesting to see the list of movies and whether there are any common movies, but that analysis will probably reveal more about Ms Dragonsworth and Mr Shadeaux's movie preferences than anything else.

Hi, the names Newton Crosby, though this fedora dosen't really suit me. Nice to meet you.Im supprised I slept throuh the the night wihout thinking about the black mesa.

Sorry I was gone for a while. I was busy clipping my nails into points.

Cameron is clearly above reproach. Look at his outfit. It looks expensive. He can sit at my table.

-Bud

I know that judging by names and appearances seems to be a Hot Topic around here, but can't we all accept one another for who we are? They say actions are worth more than hairstyles.

Let's tell each other a little bit about ourselves. I'm Allison, from San Francisco. I'm about as cheerful as San Fran's weather. My favorite hobby is driving in the rain whilst listening to music, y'know? I get inspired, like suddenly someone could t-bone you. You realize you have no complete control over your life (...Shadeaux), that you're a delicate flame in a rainstorm. And just like

drop!

No more you.

I wonder why Ricky Sanders isn't contributing despite the number of times he's spoken? Quit that chicken pretension, as though you're trying to impress someone, and just talk. We can work Black Mesa out, just by talking amongst ourselves.

I know that judging by names and appearances seems to be a Hot Topic around here, but can't we all accept one another for who we are? They say actions are worth more than hairstyles.

You can't judge a book by its cover but my dad says you can tell a lot about a person from his shoes. San Francisco weather is treacherous.

-Bud

Would be interesting to see the list of movies and whether there are any common movies, but that analysis will probably reveal more about Ms Dragonsworth and Mr Shadeaux's movie preferences than anything else.

Interestingly, yours was one I could not find. Many are from movies like Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, St. Elmo's Fire, etc. My guess is that our teachers just have a love for classic teen movies from the '80s, but you never know.

...blah blah blah...

I wonder why Ricky Sanders isn't contributing despite the number of times he's spoken? Quit that chicken pretension, as though you're trying to impress someone, and just talk. We can work Black Mesa out, just by talking amongst ourselves.

He's on my radar - the last two times he's spoken up, he's effectively said nothing and he only revealed his student number on his second post after Claire raised the question about the numbers and after someone else (Cameron) did so.

You can't judge a book by its cover but my dad says you can tell a lot about a person from his shoes. San Francisco weather is treacherous.

-Bud

That's exactly what my dad says as well! So what are everyone's goals for this year? I'm getting bored already...

But you can by their actions. Wanna let us know why you still haven't told us what you're student number is?

Interestingly, yours was one I could not find. Many are from movies like Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, St. Elmo's Fire, etc. My guess is that our teachers just have a love for classic teen movies from the '80s, but you never know.

Google suggests that I probably have an association with a brewery or a law firm. Either one would explain how the old man can afford to send me here.

That's exactly what my dad says as well! So what are everyone's goals for this year? I'm getting bored already...

Again, nothing of substance. There's been plenty of interesting tells from the discussion so far ... How about responding to Allison and I about why you're speaking so much, but not saying anything.

Since you're asking, my goal is to pass this class (with as little effort as is possible) so the old man doesn't send me back again next year.

Google suggests that I probably have an association with a brewery or a law firm. Either one would explain how the old man can afford to send me here.

Since we also have a "Busch", I am guessing it is a beer reference and probably has no meaning.

Again, nothing of substance. There's been plenty of interesting tells from the discussion so far ... How about responding to Allison and I about why you're speaking so much, but not saying anything.

Hey, what is that suppose to mean? I am bored and I want to talk, I don't like it when it's quiet. When it's quiet, those Black Mesa meanies will strike. I have gave you my number, what else do you want? If you didn't hear, my number is 09.

Also, why would you want to not come back to Aperture Academy, Home of the Cocks?