Devorath

CCBS Discussion and Reference

I think we could use some more bone pieces

These are what I had in mind

I'll let the pictures do the talking

http://www.brickshel...one_parts_1.png

http://www.brickshel...one_parts_2.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/new_bone_parts_4.png

Also this part should be upgraded to the new style since it is very usefull. Its a socket joint but with the axle hole pointing up. It was used in most of the bionicle titan sets

http://www.bricklink....asp?P=x1192px3

Edited by Takanuinuva

I think hair would dangerously push the series into a too organic style. Robo hair on the other hand..

I'd also like more flip up headgear like the visor. Spmething similar to the 2.0 equipment.

The current shouldn't be replaced. More new feet would be nice though.

Edited by Shakar

Well, the second (and the third, since they're the same picture) shows parts that, as far as I know, already exist. I do agree about the last one. It's pretty difficult to build large MOCs in HF without a piece like that.

No, those parts are different. The ball joints are in a different spot. I definitely agree to flip-up 2.0 headgear. 2.0 was (imo) the best wave for unique heads, with the vast amount of combinations (18, I believe, plus the different eye colours for Stormer's part).

I think hair would dangerously push the series into a too organic style. Robo hair on the other hand..

I'd also like more flip up headgear like the visor. Spmething similar to the 2.0 equipment.

The current shouldn't be replaced. More new feet would be nice though.

I envisioned something along the lines of Zero, Hakumen, Raiden, etc.

Well, the second (and the third, since they're the same picture) shows parts that, as far as I know, already exist. I do agree about the last one. It's pretty difficult to build large MOCs in HF without a piece like that.

I made a mistake when posting the pics. The third pic was meant to be more parts and I've fixed that now.

I have to agree that those new (third picture) parts would be pretty good for making complex MOCs.

I think we could use some more bone pieces

These are what I had in mind

I'll let the pictures do the talking

http://www.brickshel...one_parts_1.png

http://www.brickshel...one_parts_2.png

http://www.brickshel...one_parts_4.png

Also this part should be upgraded to the new style since it is very usefull. Its a socket joint but with the axle hole pointing up. It was used in most of the bionicle titan sets

http://www.bricklink....asp?P=x1192px3

Hey, I had a similar idea some months ago, you can see some of "my" parts here (the topic is in french). I even designed some of those parts in CAD (the first three ones), and I will buy a 3D-printed vesion of them as soon as possible.

Edited by Leewan

A micro-limb? Awesome.

You're talking about this part ? Well, yes, I think this would perfectly fit with this part and XT4's body, to make little MOCs, like chibi creatures. But I don't know how to do such a part, I don't even think it's possible, since the balljoint side requires about two studs, and the socket side too. I think this part would be very fragile if it was made for real. But... thank you ! :classic:

Also, I would like to see more purple parts (especially hands and feet), and hands in gold, gunmetal, purple... There is too much black and silver, we need more ! Oh, and more medium azure parts.

Edited by Leewan

Also, I would like to see more purple parts (especially hands and feet), and hands in gold, gunmetal, purple... There is too much black and silver, we need more! Oh, and more medium azure parts.

There´s a separate recolors topic. You should talk about recolors there.

Cowboy hat for heroes. Because you can never get enough cowboy.

Didn´t someone post a HF cowboy MOC here a while ago?

Edited by DraikNova

Yea. I remember that too. I think, however, that HF is trying to stay in the sci-fi style of things and not old western or other kinds of themes. Unless LEGO can implement that theme somehow, I doubt it will happen. Put it on Cuusoo and maybe they will take it.

There´s a separate recolors topic. You should talk about recolors there.

- Recolour discussion!

Edited by Devorath

Yea. I remember that too. I think, however, that HF is trying to stay in the sci-fi style of things and not old western or other kinds of themes. Unless LEGO can implement that theme somehow, I doubt it will happen. Put it on Cuusoo and maybe they will take it.

Space Cowboys!

Who ride Space Horses, but then the brains attack and take over the Space Horses, and Alpha Team comes. Bingo!

Gonna just necro this thread to bring a relevant topic to it.

So, next year we're pretty sure that the Bionicle sets will have gear mechanisms incorporated into them. Do we think it's likely that these mechanisms will be Technic built, or will they have a pre-moulded gearbox?

Why not both ? What I mean is that I think the gearbox will be made of several parts, but some of those parts will be new. I say that because Tahu seems to have a new part visible below his shoulder. Anyways, I'm 200% sure they will be made of several parts, because it would be the only way to justify those parts counts (assuming they're correct).

Why not both ? What I mean is that I think the gearbox will be made of several parts, but some of those parts will be new. I say that because Tahu seems to have a new part visible below his shoulder. Anyways, I'm 200% sure they will be made of several parts, because it would be the only way to justify those parts counts (assuming they're correct).

Agreed. Single-piece gearboxes like Bionicle used to use can be problematic—they make it easy to "trap" pieces between the sides. Luckily, the new sets seem to use new gearboxes made up of multiple parts, so that the gears are mounted on several parts. I still can't tell exactly how it works, but from what I can see it'll likely be a great deal more useful than a one-piece gearbox attachment could've been.

If geared actions are incorporated, I hope they are done better than they were for the Toa Metru. I spent an incredible amount of time trying to come up with a way to make my Toa's arms a) independent and b) able to hold a position without destroying the proportions. The original Toa had a better system.

To the original question asked by the thread, I really like three features of the Bionicle system: the feet, the hands, and the heads.

Bionicle feet are very diverse, so you can find one that suits size, shape, and character of your build. Thankfully, some of that has carried over with CCBS.

For many years, Bionicle used a generic piece, which is really hard to describe but which most people here are probably familiar with, as a hand. I kinda miss the ability to pose that was lost when that hand design was replaced with the Glatorian/HF hand.

I really wish there was a good way to incorporate old-fashioned Bionicle heads and masks into the HF models. The Toa Metru heads are my all-time favorites - but they don't attach to CCBS bodies! And their masks don't really go very well with the various kinds of heads that I've seen designed for CCBS.

Otherwise, while I will miss some of the gigantic Technic-based titans from Bionicle, I really like the CCBS. Overall, I just wish it was a little more backwards compatible.

Edited by VK-318

From the Detective's Office press release :

029.jpg

When the first pics of the box appeared a few days ago, I thought it would use black CCBS hands. Actually, they're dark bley. Yes. Dark bley. Today's a glorious day my friends. :cry_happy: