Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

I just bought all of wave one, any ideas as to who I should build first? I am trying to stretch out the time so these sets last longer.

Try starting with Bulk. He's not as impressive as the others, so that way you'll be more impressed later when opening the other sets, instead of being disappointed when you open Bulk.

Try starting with Bulk. He's not as impressive as the others, so that way you'll be more impressed later when opening the other sets, instead of being disappointed when you open Bulk.

:laugh:

I don't have Bulk/Bruizer, but I agree, these two are clearly the least impressive ones to me.

Open them, then Rocka/Scarox, then Breez/Ogrum (Breez and Rocka are about on the same level, but from the pics Ogrum is worlds better than Scarox), and then the most satisfying duo, Furno/Pyrox.

But I shouldn't speak for the villains, I bought only Pyrox and even he was disappointing to me. :sceptic: The Winter villains just don't cut it for me.

Sounds good, though I think I'll open Rocka last because my brother got him so it won't be as fun to build.

Edited by howie28

If you're planning on stretching them out, personally I would open Furno (the obvious best) somewhere in the middle, that way you still get time to appreciate him.

Man, LEGO does not know how to promote this line, does it? Ah well. Look forward to watching the episode.

Gosh darn it LEGO, why did you ruin the Hero Factory website in such an awful way?

I'm downloading the episode to my hard drive, because so far it's unplayable. But from what I've watched, the mastermind isn't Von Nebula nor Black Phantom if the voice actor has something to do with it.

Glad to see it's up. But since the HF website is atrocious and always goes on the fritz when I go on it, I'll patiently wait for it to be uploaded to Youtube.

Speaking of the new episode, do we know if it'll air on TV? Or even more, a DVD release (most likely with the Breakout episode)?

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

It's listed as a "webisode", so a TV release seems unlikely. A DVD release is quite possible; with Breakout AND Brain Attack, there's as much content as the SP DVD.

Just finished watching it. Not a bad episode really, it was really fun to watch. Yes, it was cheesy at parts, but eh I'm used to it, Hero Factory is not BIONICLE anyway. Now that I can understand what they say, it's a pretty good episode. For me it's after Breakout and before Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet (in that order.)

Welp, time to update the wiki!

Watched it. Not bad, all in all. I really don't expect too much from these episodes judging by what we've been getting in the past.

Kalhiki

He sounds the same to me. Also, why were there so many jokes or humor in this? Some were funny like when Rocka asks what Dragonbolt had when he had a Razor Shield and Plasma Sword. Then there were other that weren't need like "BULK SMASH". I don't want to ask. Overall though, it was a pretty good episode. I think they tried to get the whole Surge being afraid to become evil thing out of the way. It was a good way to use that because of this year's story. Hope there is a second part.

Also, LDD has a new update with some new pieces from this wave. The bad part is that they messed up the visor function. They can't even go over the eyes barely.

"Bulk SMASH!"

I get the reference. Nice.

I almost prefer the Korean-sounding voices to the English now. Something sounded off in all their tones, Furno especially. I like that the whine seems to be nearly gone from Surge's voice, that's a nice change, but what isn't is that Bulk seems to be shouting all the time.

Stormer brought up Breez's special ability. Nice that that wasn't left out.

Episode on the whole was alright, but in terms of dialogue it does leave lots of room for improvement. The plot too feels a bit rushed, and the cliffhanger end makes me wonder if there will be a third wave of Brain-Attack Heroes. I'd love to see Stringer with a visor, really I would.

Yea. I did think the talking to animals conversation between Breez and Stormer was pretty funny. I am actually very interested in the villian though. He clearly says that he wants the brains to take control of animals and destroy the Hero Factory so they don't make new heroes to keep stopping him. That brings up a good question. If this was a new villian, why would he already have heroes taking him down. Maybe Von Nebula is out of the question just yet. I know the voice is different but still. He appeared in almost every wave minus the year when the new ball and socket builds were introduced(Ordeal and Savage). Maybe Voltix somehow released him or he never really was trapped in the staff he had. Could be a good twist on things because we all thought he was captured in it.

The LDD visors can go almost all the way down, which is good enough for me. A bit of a hassle to attach initially, but not something I should have to do a lot so I'm not complaining.

It will be on TV, because in my Australian catalogue it says to look out for the new episode on Nickelodeon.

Edit: By the way, I built Bulk. Not a bad set, just not a particularly great set.

Edited by howie28

I'm not used to Furno's new voice (Josh Keaton who currently voices Furno in the BA episode), but it seems ok with me. Though I still think and hear about Furno's original voice in my head once in awhile ._.

But anyways its good thing that I finally understood what they were saying in english.

They've arrived! :drool::grin: And....... It's exactly 10pm. It's Friday night though, so I should have them by Monday (unless I get the Museum Break-In, possibly one of my favourite City sets ever. What ONE set would you recommend from BA?