Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

(Didn't Front once mention that rubber parts are more expensive?)

My recollection is that he mentioned at the 2.0 launch that the spears were made of the more expensive soft plastic (which I believe was a clarification to people mistakenly calling them "rubber" in reviews), and that they're a real luxury.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Woohoo! Furno XL is the review I'm looking forward to the most, since it's his back construction that I can't really figure out. ZORK64, could I request in advance pictures of Furno XL without his cape from the front and back, if possible? Thanks!

I took pics what Furno's back looks underneath the cape, and also various pictures while building him. I hope they sould answer all questions regarding his back. :wink:

I'll probably write Furno's review today and Ogrum's tomorrow because I might try the Breez/Ogrum combiner first and add the pictures into Ogrum's review. Oh, that reminds me that I have to scan a few pages from their respective instructions (at least the picture with Furno's "combiner").

Furno's head is in a different colour than Breez'
clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

Glad it's fully confirmed. It's curious they'd use it on one single set in a whole wave, but I'm sure we'll see more of it in Summer. Is it tr. yellow (I doubt it) or tr. neon green (Toxic Reapa, etc..)?

Ogrum does look pretty great, actually- though I still don't like the brown and the skinny legs. He looks so much like an Internet troll it isn't even funny. :grin: Or Gnasty Gnorc from Spyro, if you prefer.

Since his 4M shells are tr. bright green like Breez's armour, I guess this confirms Rocka uses tr. bright green too, afterall. They'd have no reason to recolour that single 4M shell on his shoulder, same goes for his sword piece (which is confirmed to be tr. bright green on the Star Slicer set). I'm happy they're keeping a certain degree of colour scheme consistency between different forms of the same Hero.

So, with the tr. blue head on Stormer we've already got the new head in 3 colours. I guess we'll get a tr. orange one in Summer, to match the 4 colours of the Glatorian head. That would be ideal, though I obviously won't be opposed to a fifth colour in the future. :smug:

I think it´s trans yellow. I guess Surge will have a trans yellow head too, but knowing LEGO...

Instead of these video reviews can we get some photos? I really hate video reviews and photos are way easier to use for judgment.

Or Gnasty Gnorc from Spyro, if you prefer.

Gnasty.jpg

Oh my.

I can't unsee.

I love how the Ogrum set is though, my only main complain is his mace-hand, but I'll probably add fingers to it so it doesn't look empty. But otherwise it looks quite nice.

You know I just thought what if the guy in the video releasing the brains is Stringer...The earth blue brain from the app is the only brain color not seen in the trailer,and the character is black.

Also I read somewhere in the books Secret Missions?That Furno and Bulk go looking for him,as him probably gone missing.

Yeah I remember when Stringer was Fire Lord, too. Because their helmets looked similar or something.

You know I just thought what if the guy in the video releasing the brains is Stringer...The earth blue brain from the app is the only brain color not seen in the trailer,and the character is black.

Also I read somewhere in the books Secret Missions?That Furno and Bulk go looking for him,as him probably gone missing.

Although that is quite a good prediction and would make an interesting plot twist (IMO), I doubt Lego would do that since it would probably upset the people who like Stringer, particually that of younger children (who is the target audience of Hero Factory). I guess it's not impossible though.

I don't think we've had anyone like this, but have we ever had someone in Bionicle who was introduced as a "good guy" who then turned "bad"?

Edited by Nike2032

Although that is quite a good prediction and would make an interesting plot twist, I doubt Lego would do that since it would probably upset the the people who like Stringer, particually of the younger children. I guess it's not impossible though. I can't really think of anyone on the top of my head, but have we ever had someone in Bionicle who was introduced as a "good guy" who then turned "bad"?

Vakama.But then that was for like 20 minutes

Edited by Zachattacx

Vakama.But then that was for like 20 minutes

Nah, that doesn't count. And hey, look at Surge, there were much more obvious hints that he may have turned evil, but now that seems like ancient history to us.

Edited by Nike2032

Nah, that doesn't count. And hey, look at Surge, there were much more obvious hints that he may have turned evil, but now that seems like ancient history to us.

I remember that,and yep ancient history,but then we get all this good guy turned bad in Hero Factory....Von Nebula,Witch Doctor,and Core Hunter(if that rumor was true).

If I remember Web of Shadows well, Vakama's betrayal was almost non-significant. :tongue:

Honestly I can't see HF pulling off a twist like that even if Lego hired the best writers ever...it's just so random. And Stringer is one of my favourite Heroes, I far prefer him to remain the laid back good guy.

Oh my.

I can't unsee.

My, I forgot how ridiculous Gnasty looked in A Hero's Tail! Spyro 1 Gnasty >>>> that thing. Though AHT Gnasty looks far more similar to Ogrum due to the pearl grey armour and mace.

I think it´s trans yellow. I guess Surge will have a trans yellow head too, but knowing LEGO...

From the video, no he doesn't. :grin: It looks more like tr. neon green than anything, which is his usual head colour anyway.

Instead of these video reviews can we get some photos? I really hate video reviews and photos are way easier to use for judgment.

And this. You'd think taking photos is easier than making a video..

Edited by Shakar

I don't think we've had anyone like this, but have we ever had someone in Bionicle who was introduced as a "good guy" who then turned "bad"?

Ahkmou comes to mind but I think he was a bad guy since day one.

My, I forgot how ridiculous Gnasty looked in A Hero's Tail! Spyro 1 Gnasty >>>> that thing. Though AHT Gnasty looks far more similar to Ogrum due to the pearl grey armour and mace.

It's too bad Michael Gough passed away in 2011. I would have loved him to voice Ogrum. :P

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

Glad it's fully confirmed. It's curious they'd use it on one single set in a whole wave, but I'm sure we'll see more of it in Summer. Is it tr. yellow (I doubt it) or tr. neon green (Toxic Reapa, etc..)?

First of all: Awesome gif.

If the transparent shell I just picked to compare it to Furno's head one of Toxic Reapa's, then his head is trans neon green. For some weird reasin, it looks more yellowish than the shell though.

About the guy behind it, I'm pretty sure it's Thresher. Since, in the books, he's on a planet (I think) working on brain control tech stuff. So I'm assuming it is Thresher.

About the guy behind it, I'm pretty sure it's Thresher. Since, in the books, he's on a planet (I think) working on brain control tech stuff. So I'm assuming it is Thresher.

Ummmm...motive much?

True Trans-Yellow for Furno's head? :sweet:

It's a dream come true!

Wish there was less hand in the video review. I'm happy with how the set looks otherwise.

Wish I could see the back, though. :sceptic:

True Trans-Yellow for Furno's head? :sweet:

It's a dream come true!

Wish there was less hand in the video review. I'm happy with how the set looks otherwise.

Wish I could see the back, though. :sceptic:

The head color still looks ambiguous to me, and more like Transparent Fluorescent Green than Transparent Yellow. Personally, I can't say I'd be especially happy if it were just plain Transparent Yellow. Now if TLG were to introduce a new, less greenish fluorescent color like the classic Transparent Fluorescent Yellow used for Gali, then that'd be great. But I always prefer the glowiness of the transparent fluorescent colors to the glassy look of regular transparent colors as far as eye colors are concerned, and since these new heads are really more or less only useful as eye colors (rather than being the color of the face as a whole), that's going to be the most important factor in my book.

Actually no.....Scarox? But thanks!

Ah yes, my bad :laugh:

*sigh* I was actually thinking about that when I wrote that post

Edited by Nike2032