DraikNova

Galaxy Squad set suggestions

This had to be done:

Insectoid Hive-Builder

Price: $15-30

Parts: 140?

Minifigures: Green Buggoid 2x, Red Buggoid 1x, Mosquitoid 3x, Larvae 6x, Armored Mosquitoid 2x

Comes with a small assortment of alien weaponry.

If you divided the figures by half, made it two different sets, and then added a brick-built section of the hive, that would be an awesome hive-builder.

Say pack #1 was a long, low segment of hive wall with

• Green Buggoid x1
  • Red Buggoid x1
  • Mosquitoid x1
  • Larvae x3
  • Purple Cocoon x1
  • Pink Egg x3
  • Weapons for each figure

Then pack #2 is a tall, narrow segment of hive wall with

• Green Buggoid x2
  • Armored Mosquitoid x1
  • Mosquitoid x1
  • Larvae x2
  • Cocoon x2
  • Pink Egg x2
  • Weapons for each figure

Each should have hinge bricks/plates that will allow you to connect any number (above 3, I suppose) of them to each other in the round (as opposed to technic angled connectors, which would require set geometry).

Edited by vynsane

With that in mind, here's another concept:

Buggoid Pack

Price: $15

Parts: 175

Minifigures: Three Green Buggoids, two Red Buggoids (and a new one? In purple perhaps?)

Features small, hexagonal hive segment, filled with six purple cocoons. Each Buggoid has a small blaster.

Mosquitoid Pack

Minifigures: Five Mosquitoids (color-reversed version with dark red body, green antennae and red wings?)

Features small, hexagonal hive segment, filled with six purple cocoons. Each Mosquitoid has a medium-size blaster (one of those made using the scorpion piece).

Elite Pack

Minifigures: Three Armored Mosquitoids/Roachoids, three Larvae

Features small, hexagonal hive segment, filled with three purple cocoons and three pink small ones. The Roachoids/Armored Mosquitoids each have a pair of dark red "claws".

The idea is that one could buy several of these packs to build one giant hive.

Edited by DraikNova

I was hoping to avoid a double post, but here's another army builder; with a twist: It's a vehicle!

Insidious Invaders

Price: $10

Parts: 150

Minifigure: Two Larvae

Features two small ant-like creatures with movable legs and tr. red pods on their abdomen to hold the included Larva. The set would also have three much smaller ants.

And one more set, just because LEGO loves this sort of thing. I believe this theme could actually pull it off in a way that makes it fun because it's fun, not just because it's a large set or for completion value. It's also inspired by the Hive Crawler and some of the old Mars Mission sets.

Insectoid Mobile Base

Price: $120

Parts: 1600

Minifigures: Green Robot + Two Armored Mosquitoids/Roachoids, new alien (same type as the Insectoid Lab concept) and six Larvae

A gigantic, hulking lime creature as long as the Power Miners Titanium Command Rig, with six large, brickbuilt black "pincer" legs. The creature's front would have two tr. red cockpits and would also feature four tr. red dishes (so there are six "eyes"). The sides of the creature have six tr. red pods, three per side, to hold the Larvae. The back would feature a gigantic cannon.

Edited by DraikNova

Name: Insectoid Robo-Base

Price: $100 or £65.56

Pieces: 1000

Minifigures: Orange Robot, Two Armoured Insectoids, Regular Insectoid, Billy Starbeam

Description: Basically, a giant mech that looks like a bug and a small jet that also looks like a bug. Also, there would be a hoverboard and a tank for the robot and Billy Starbeam, and the regular insectoid would just have a gun. One armoured insectoid would go in the mech and the other would be in the jet and both would have rocket launchers and the robot would have some new shield piece. Also, the mech could transform into a base with a runway for the jet.

What sets would you like to see in Galaxy Squad?

Here are some of my ideas:

Insectoid Queen

Price: $60-75

Parts: 600

Minifigures: Billy Starbeam + four Larvae

Large Insectoid with eight posable legs, two sets of arms (one with claws, the other with blades), a large tail with a stinger and relatively small wings. Also has four of the smaller larvae-containing pods on it's abdomen. Features Billy Starbeam as the hapless victim :laugh:.

I like this idea but I would change the minifigures to the 4 robot sidekicks and 4 larvae. The alien queen I would change to have six legs and no tail. She would have a large but slightly hollow abdomen to hold 4 of the larvae pods. Pushing a switch on the abdomen would drop one of the pods to the ground and release the larvae. The next pod would roll into place since the inside would be build with a slope so the eggs could roll down. The top would open up so you could load the eggs in. She would have 4 arms that would each be able to swing. The upper arms would swing up and down and the lower arms would swing left and right. She would have a light up brick in her eyes to make them glow red.

A hive builder with 167 parts, Solomon Blaze, 2 Mantizoids, 5 Larvae, 2 Red Buggoids, 2 Alien Mosquitoids, 1 green buggoid, 1 Purple Coccons, One green cocoon( like the CLS 89 Eradicatir Mech One), 5 Pink cocoons, Unnamed BTD member, Bug research station, 1 squad research station, mini bug vehicle and mini squad vehicle. Problay about 29.99-34.99. Hope you like this hive builder idea

I contacted lego yesterday, and lego said we will have more galaxy squad later this year!!! WAVE 3! Send these ideas to a email and email it ro Lego NOW!!!

I contacted lego yesterday, and lego said we will have more galaxy squad later this year!!! WAVE 3! Send these ideas to a email and email it ro Lego NOW!!!

LEGO has almost certainly already decided on designs, as they plan up to a year and a half ahead. And why would they listen to some rather silly fan ideas, by the way?

You never know, some LEGO designers might have the same ideas as us, and we could be seeing an insectoid queen or hive builder soon.

Don't know if its been mentioned here, but the reason the Red team don't get any big sets is because they're all about speed, hence the lightweight vehicles they have.

Red - speed

Blue - defence

Orange - fire power

Green - science

This comes from the manager of a lego store. I reckon the £20 blue set should have gone to the reds, honestly.

Remember, this topic is for set suggestions, not notes or statements. Yeah, I'm aware that I'm basically doing that right now.

Sorry, was only making the statement so people could think up sets around what has been revealed already. No point wishing for a giant Red Team Mech/Base when they're all about scouting and speedsters :classic:

Anyways, I'd like to see some mini mechs. Possibly Blue Team, with more of a hands on approach than long range weapons.

Sorry, was only making the statement so people could think up sets around what has been revealed already. No point wishing for a giant Red Team Mech/Base when they're all about scouting and speedsters :classic:

Anyways, I'd like to see some mini mechs. Possibly Blue Team, with more of a hands on approach than long range weapons.

Maybe some sort of hardsuit-sized mech would work well as an addition to next year's flagship set?

I would just like to see the red squad get a decent sized ship. Also would enjoy a giant space wasp.

I've never been the hugest fan of the theme since it stopped the Space Marines on Cuusoo, but I do agree that it needs a base for the bugs and a base for the squad(s). Probably part of the reason that I haven't bought many sets is because I prefer location models to vehicle models.

This is what I want:

XXXXX Bug Battle Pack

97-115 pieces $15

Comes with a mosquitoid, green buggoid, mantizoid and a red buggoid they would all come with weapons and a little spacecraft or speeder. Also comes with a purple cacoon.

XXXXX Larvae Accessory Pack

87-114 pieces $15

Comes with 7 pink cacoons and 7 larvae. It would come with a little nest type of thing.

XXXXX Bug Hive

895-1,015 pieces $100

A wierd shaped base with a lookout tower, a dungeon room, a control room, a landing pad and also a place where you can release a laser cannon (similar to the kragle function in Lord Bussiness' lair). It would come with a small spaceship kind of thing and 2 cacoons. It would have 7 minifigures. 2 mosquitoids, 1 mantizoid, 1 green buggoid, a new commander bug, Billy Starbeam, and his robot sidekick. They would have a small hovercraft or mech. Would also come with 3 bug larvae and cacoons.

XXXXX Patrol Station

987-1,345 pieces $130

It would be a station a landing pad, meeting room, a place where they build new vehicles, control room, and prison room. It would have a small spacecraft or mech for each team. It would have 10 minifigures. Billy Starbeam, Solomon Blaze, Chuck Stonebreaker, Jack Fireblade, orange robot, green robot, blue robot, red robot, a mantizoid and a mosquitoid. The bugs would have something like a spider vehicle and a bug larvae with cacoon.

XXXXX Hive Hopper

231-315 pieces $30

This would be a grasshopper vehicle for the bugs and would have a kinda jumpy feature. It would have a red buggoid and come with Ashlee Starstrider in a small truck. It would come with a purple cacoon.

XXXXX Bug Mech

52-72 pieces $7

A small mech with a green buggoid and a brick built scouting robot.

XXXXX (don't have name)

97-121 pieces $11

A small spaceship with Chuck Stonebreaker. It would come with a bug larvae with cacoon.