Mike S

The Ruins of Kalores Castle

Kalores castle bore the brunt of the elemental attack in Barqa. And even now its crumbling walls are still being eaten away by the giant climbing vines brought here by the earth elementals. Even more a tragedy it is because the castle was only completed a short time before the elemental attack. Originally intended to be a stronghold for the Knights of Aslan, it is now a constant reminder of Revolword's madness.

SAM_0147a_zpsdcd6ac6a.jpg

SAM_0148_zps4ed81a27.jpg

SAM_0149_zpsffcec245.jpg

This has been sitting in my LEGO room for quite a while now. As I needed parts I would scavenge pieces off this build until it came to look like this. I figured since I never really photographed this build, I should at least catch the essence of what it was before I take it apart for good.

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Impressive ruins, I like the height of the walls and the tower looks great :thumbup:

Scary overgrowth as well :devil:

Looks impressive! I like all the vines and the wall texture is pretty neat! :thumbup: Nice deserted feel too!

It does have a nice ruined look to it. It feels like it has really been abandoned.

Good job with this.

Nice build here Mikel! I love castle ruins, and this one is large to boot

I would say: Impressive fortress!

But then again it are ruins...

Still very impressive ruins! :laugh:

Shame on you Victor for destroying this!!!!! :devil:

It's a shame you never finished this project because it is a pretty darn good looking castle. But I really know how that goes, I too got several unfinished mocs sitting on my desk ...

Impressive ruins, I like the height of the walls and the tower looks great :thumbup:

Scary overgrowth as well :devil:

Nice! I would have love to have seen this in it's full glory though. :blush:

Really nice ruins, il looks very real :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks impressive! I like all the vines and the wall texture is pretty neat! :thumbup: Nice deserted feel too!

It does have a nice ruined look to it. It feels like it has really been abandoned.

Good job with this.

Nice build here Mikel! I love castle ruins, and this one is large to boot

I would say: Impressive fortress!

But then again it are ruins...

Still very impressive ruins! :laugh:

Shame on you Victor for destroying this!!!!! :devil:

Thanks guys!

It's a shame you never finished this project because it is a pretty darn good looking castle. But I really know how that goes, I too got several unfinished mocs sitting on my desk ...

Thanks! I never finished this because I wasn't satisfied with the design... This was supposed to be the gatehouse for the actual castle. I should be posting a section of my replacement castle/fortress probably sometime next week and I will let you judge whether I made the right call and ditching this project in favor of my present one. :wink:

That's looking great, I really like the kind of fairy tale feeling it has!

Thanks! I'm glad you got the fairy tale feeling... its the feeling I wanted the MOC to portray.

Nice ruins! I like the structure of the walls and the pillars look great. It does have a great ruined feel to it!