General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

Not proven, but they had VERY little credibility so at this point it's pretty much assumed they were a hoax. The guy who posted the list left shortly after and has never came back and posted anything else.

Which is all the better I think. I mean really? A $15 mirror set? Not exactly top on my "want list" or on many kids lists. I'll say it again. Gondor. Gondor. Gondor!

Which is all the better I think. I mean really? A $15 mirror set? Not exactly top on my "want list" or on many kids lists. I'll say it again. Gondor. Gondor. Gondor!

I agree. There were some nice sets on the list, but if we only are getting one more wave I don't really wanna see Mirror of Galadriel or Amon Hen taking up valuable set slots.

Edited by Deathleech

I agree. There were some nice sets on the list, but if we only are getting one more wave I don't really wanna see Mirror of Galadriel or Amon Hen taking up valuable set slots.

Osgiliath would be nice though. I hope that one comes true.

The London toy fair starts tomorrow. Maybe we will hear something of interest.

Only if soemone explicitly asks, and the problem is random reps dont know the difference btween hobbit and lotr.

This will be an excruciating wait for these toy fairs and comic cons to happen. How AWESOME would it be just to get a tiny kernel of info? We talk and debate for pages based on almost nothing, think if there were some glimmer of info? I can't wait! I guess I'll choose to be optimistic.

Not proven, but they had VERY little credibility so at this point it's pretty much assumed they were a hoax. The guy who posted the list left shortly after and has never came back and posted anything else.

Ah, a hoax and run. :tongue:

I googled "2014 LOTR sets" just because I was curious what would come up, and there were like 4-5 different web pages that were quoting his post here..

Anyways, I'm kind of glad, yet kind of disappointed it's basically proved a hoax. Because on one hand, the supposed sets weren't all that great, but on the other hand, it'd be kind of nice to have some idea of what's happening with the future of Lego LOTR. I'm holding out hope for Toy Fair.

Oh dear lord, the fake list of sets is back again? What next? The fake CS letters saying LotR is/is not coming back?

Isn't that the game from office space?

I got it. That was well done. As for Lord of the rings sets, I would be surprised if we got any information at the toy fairs, but if Lego threw us a bone I wouldn't complain.

Oh dear lord, the fake list of sets is back again? What next? The fake CS letters saying LotR is/is not coming back?

I don't understand why anyone would lie about the theme not coming back.. :P if anything you'd expect it to be a letter saying it is coming back!

LotR/Hobbit There will be DLC for the game when the third movie comes out. There will be a Smaug similar-sized to the Castle dragon.The Witch King minifig glows in the dark. The Elrond fig looks like the polybag figure. The bargeman’s son comes in one of the sets (3 buildings, an addon to the Laketown Chase)

Too bad its the ''wrong'' Witch King....

It all depends on how he looks. Guess we should be happy to have him at all.

Edited by Darth Punk

Guess we should be happy to have him at all.

No thats not how it works, not when the 2 looks extremely different.

Yes, it sucks. But if we're not getting anymore LOTR sets we have no chance to get the ROTK version.

Sure, but the thing is, both the necromancer and this witch king are gnna be fairly uninteresting unmemorable minifigures, when we're missing out on Galadrriel for example.

Wait, where did this quote come from?

Edit: never mind. I found it in the Hobbit thread.

Edited by SirBlake

Sure, but the thing is, both the necromancer and this witch king are gnna be fairly uninteresting unmemorable minifigures, when we're missing out on Galadrriel for example.

Is this because LEGO doesn't want to make female characters?

No thats not how it works, not when the 2 looks extremely different.

I know, I'm just trying to stay positive. I would much prefer the RoTK version.

Seems wrong to not get Galadriel, maybe that means she will appear in another line, hmmmmmm.

But what other line would she appear in?

He means lotr instead of the hobbit. I'm holding out for her being the video game exclusive..