General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

^ no not another game exclusive please

Agreed, game exclusives are very annoying to us non-gamers. And the aftermarket price is always horrendous. With a book you can usually get the fig decently priced if for some odd reason you don't want the book.

+ odd timing, its a bit early for set names and prices when we have not even heard there will be a 3rd wave

Take a look around the other parts of the site, these discussion have been going on for a while. And in all my years hear, I have never seen a confirmation of another wave of theme 'x' before the leaks for said theme start coming.

+ £12 Galadriel set that would have another Frodo and no action does not sound that amazing for mass market (for AFOL a cheap way to get Galadriel would be good), I thought if we did get Galadriel in a LOTR set it would be the 2 trees with a bridge like we saw in the game.

Gandalf Arrives was hardly action pack. Riddles in the Dark was just that - two people playing a game of riddles in the dark. Galadriel's set is on a par - if not more - exciting as those two. However, I agree it's odd that the Lothlorian Forest from the game is the only one not turned into a set.

+ Amon Hen, I just didn't think they would ever make this although it would be a good way to get Boromir and lurtz in armor. But why would they put Merry in this when he could have had new printing armor in a ROTK set.

I've actually thought this has been a while coming, though I envisioned a small set, with just Boromir, Lurtz, and a small piece of the ruins. It would give kids a cheap and easy way to get both the figures, considering Boromir was only in an expensive set, and Lurtz was in a set that was (correct me if I'm wrong) exclusive to somewhere.

+ $120.00 The Battle of Minas Tirith, cheaper than helms deep and with no set with wall to add on

+ no £30 army set, yes this might be wishful thinking but with the new hobbit army set like the one we saw in the first LOTR wave a gondor one would be great.

Previous waves do not dictate what will and won't be in a later wave. Would that it were; I could've gotten a larger last Harry Potter wave. :hmpf_bad::grin:

+ no Treebeard when the ent in orthanc is unnamed (for a reason)

+ no Balrog which I guessed would be the first set they would make (yes I was wrong there, they have made a few already :tongue: )

Never got my Agent Coulson fig, doesn't make the next batch of sets any more or less likely to be built around them. Same goes for Dutchess Satine, Professor Slughorn, Talia al Ghul and the Balrog.

Also, the Ent is practically Treebeard.

+ only 5 post, sorry

edit: 8 post now Im starting to wonder :laugh:

This is the one point of yours I agree with, and the only major thing thats keeping me from believing the list.

^ The devil was my guess but he is not the devil he is killed and as a overtly religious person I don't see the problem

and it would make a great set

And Jabba's Palace in a B'omarr monk's temple turned into crime safehouse, run by a giant sentient Slug, on a planet covered only in sand, that orbits two suns. People managed to find religious symmetry in that, they'll find it in a fiery demon looking thing fighting a man in a beard. :sceptic:

I would imagine that some sort of book with an exclusive minifigure is a pretty good possibility. Whether it's a purely LOTR book, or if they choose to combine It with The Hobbit, remains to be seen.

I dunno, this sounds a little iffy to me. I am always skeptical of posters with little or no credibility just coming out and claiming they have all this insider info. It's too easy for people to make up stuff and then make a new account and post with little to no repercussion. The sets also seem to be pretty standard stuff.. you know, stuff everyone wants and expects. With all the LotR and Hobbit waves thus far we get at least 1 or 2 curve balls per wave no one was expecting to be made into sets... Orc Forge, Pirate Ship Ambush, etc. While the wave sounds like it could be great (still no Balrog or Mumakil though, and Galadrial seems like a wasted set when they could include her more easily in a Hobbit set), until there is more proof or info I am not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Deathleech

Professor Flitwick what can I say you quoted the west wing so you must have good taste (best show ever, although sadly I cant see lego making it even if they did make a set from the outside of the set)

And Jabba's Palace in a B'omarr monk's temple turned into crime safehouse, run by a giant sentient Slug, on a planet covered only in sand, that orbits two suns. People managed to find religious symmetry in that, they'll find it in a fiery demon looking thing fighting a man in a beard. :sceptic:

Is there any evidence that Lego have ever not made a set because of fear people might managed to find religious symmetry in it. In fact I would say harry potter shows they don't mind.

Gandalf Arrives was hardly action pack. Riddles in the Dark was just that - two people playing a game of riddles in the dark.

Gandalf Arrives and more so Riddles of the ring didn't do too well and we have not seen a £12 set for the new hobbit wave so maybe Lego no longer want to give us those small sets with little action. and as you say post hoc ergo propter hoc, Previous waves do not dictate what will and won't be in a later wave.

considering Boromir was only in an expensive set, and Lurtz was in a set that was (correct me if I'm wrong) exclusive to somewhere.

Boromir and Lurtz are important but not the main men and we are still missing people we need first + its a little dark with Boromir getting killed and all

Also, the Ent is practically Treebeard.

This is my point, why not then call him Treebeard unless you plan on making a set

Edited by SMC

I agree that the set list from Tiger13 is fishy at BEST. The prices he report weren't even kept consistent. That is why I moved it here and closed the 2014 topics based on this rumor.

If this list is real, than we could still get a Balrog store exclusive, because, so far every wave of lotr and the hobbit , has had a special set, Orc Forge, Barrel Escape, The Orthanc, so its still a possibility (if this list is true) we could get the Balrog.

We don't know everything about this wave yet and a store exclusive would not show up on a different store web site, til after its been out for a few months.

We don't know everything about this wave yet and a store exclusive would not show up on a different store web site, til after its been out for a few months.

Ah ok :sweet:

Yea I wish. There is no way in the depths of moria this can be true. I normally know about sets and themes waaaay earlier than most and i have not heard anything on this yet...

I'm not buying it. We normally don't get any real credible information about mid year sets until around December. Its too soon for any real news.

Yea I wish. There is no way in the depths of moria this can be true. I normally know about sets and themes waaaay earlier than most and i have not heard anything on this yet...

Do you know if there will be a third wave?

The 3 week old account who is posting this saying his "friend" who sent him photos won't get in trouble if someone on the internet sees and describes all the sets and the "set info", but will get in trouble if he posts the pictures he is describing, and also choosing all of the sets everyone on here wants in one single wave (when they don't even relate to one another), and posts prices, which wouldn't be made anyway even if the sets were true, and then posts some prices ending in .99 and some ending in .00...I find it a little ridiculous that some of you can't see this is obviously made up.

And besides, the user claims that "someone who works on the sets" revealed the list. There's NO WAY this could have happened since that would most definitely cost the person his/her job. The designers aren't allowed to reveal anything, not even give hints (as proven by Mark Stafford who wasn't allowed to confirm the Azog minifig), let alone downright telling someone both the names and prices of future sets as well as providing pictures. And a different source for the alleged pics isn't likely since the retailer catalogue for the summer sets can't be around yet (heck, the winter one has barely been around for 2 months now). :wink: Conclusion: the list is most likely made up :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego-Freak

We'll see if this is true. It makes sense that the third wave would include Eowyn, Galadriel and Gondor in general, as Gondor as no Gondor sets have appeared so far and Minas Tirith is an obvious centrepiece of a wave. All in all, I would really welcome such a wave. Until I know for sure, however, I'll just enjoy the second Hobbit wave pics some more :tongue:

Everything sounds too good to be true!

A simple confirmation that we will get a third wave would be enough for me at the moment. When I look at the two waves it seems obvious that they planned at least a third wave. I think/hope we will get the planned sets as long as the whole LotR theme isn't a flop (and apparently it isn't).

Edited by Robert_88

It should be worth reminding everyone that the first rumoured set list we got back in November last year turned out to be false.

http://www.groovebri...lego-lotr-sets/

Word of this new sets is begging to pop up on the Eurobricks forum. From what we can see from this topic we know that there will be a total of 8 sets in this second wave. Below you will find a description of the three sets we know of so far:

790xx The Betrayal of Isengard

Includes: Gandalf, Saurman, and 5 Orcs (no Uruk-Hai)

Will also include the Palantir

1034 pcs

$100

790xx Treebeard Encounter

Includes: Merry, Pippin, and an Orc

Will also include a brick-built Treebeard

583 pcs

$60

790xx Bridge of Khazam Had

Includes: Gandalf

Includes a brick-built Balrog

291 pcs

$40

The complete list of the rumoured sets ended up being:

The Betrayal of Isengard

The Black Gate

Treebeard Encounter

Bridge of Khazad-Dum

The Battle of Osgiliath

The Witch-King Attacks

Amon-hen Skirmish

Battle Against The Wargs

I really hope we get a sets to do with Gondor and Rohan. They are two of my favourite locations from LOTR. Fingers crossed. :grin:

Are we even sure that we're getting a 3rd wave? I've heard several people say on other forums that a 3rd wave isn't going to happen. How they know that though, I haven't got a clue.

New 2014 LOTR summer wave sets:

$12.99 The Mirror of Galadriel

$25.99 Amon Hen Ambush

$40.00 The Defence of Osgiliath

$60.00 Witch King showdown

$120.00 The Battle of Minas Tirith

Can't say where I have this info right now, more info shortly.

NOTE FROM ZCERBERUS:

This stuff was cut from the 2013 official set discussion thread as again, that thread is ONLY for confirmed 2013 sets. Keep 2014 information and future wish lists OUT of the 2013 thread as you guys have been warned about this around 100 times.

I do like the sound of this rumoured wave, however I am disappointed that there is nothing to do with Rohan. But this is a rumour... so I am only taking it lightly. :laugh:

Edited by Legoman123