Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Help to make 4000001 in LDD please

@Calabar - the model made by bbqqq is not done using any official instructions and has a lot of errors. In fact, just comparing at the pictures/screenshots you can see a lot of parts that are incorrect.

The LDD print-out I linked to is the correct model and was made from official instructions, at least so I was told.

OK. I volunteer to make the LDD .lxf file. :classic: However, I'm wondering why your friend needs it if he has the HTML Building Guide. Are you and he in a hurry for the .lxf file? Too bad that F'Alves didn't post his .lxf file anywhere....

5871242686_326c165ee5_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Oh, I didn't noticed the links brings to instructions, I opened that and noticed the images only.

So I thought you need another kind of help.

So you need someone that will built the model using the instructions you linked?

OK. I volunteer to make the LDD .lxf file. :classic: However, I'm wondering why your friend needs it if he has the HTML Building Guide. Are you and he in a hurry for the .lxf file? Too bad that F'Alves didn't post his .lxf file anywhere....

Thanks David!

The LDD file is so much more compact. And we can share it in the Official Sets topic :classic:

No hurry

So you need someone that will built the model using the instructions you linked?

Yeah, exactly, to have a LDD version of the instructions

Those instructions I belive are based 100% on the official ones. :classic:

[/size]

Those instructions I believe are based 100% on the official ones. :classic:

@ Superkalle: Actually, F'Alves' 4000001's LDD HTML Building Guide instructions are based on his INTERPRETATION of the model, and not the actual (printed) LEGO Building Instructions. He wrote this in his Flickr photoset: "As soon as I saw this exclusive, I thougth in obtaining a replica. I think it's a nice object for display in any LegoWorkplace.

With the help with some pics on the web, I started working with LDD to create some building instructions for it.

I think I already got the original set look, although I may be using 1 or 2 incorrect parts.

I am already working in the next model....I finally managed to end this task, it wasn't easy because I only had a few pictures and videos available in the web to guide me. In spite of that, I think I achieved a good result, although I ended up with 8 parts less."

So, F'Alves' HTML Building Guide (from which I will build the LDD .lxf file) will have 8 parts "missing". I have no idea what parts they are. Is this acceptable to your friend?

I have sent messages to Lego Ataku (who MAY have made an LDD .lxf file from F'Alves' HTML Building Guide), to SI-MOCS (who did the Eurobricks review of the 4000001 set, and who has the actual official LEGO printed instruction booklets), and to F'Alves. I'm hoping that they will respond.

5871245830_7515ab8573_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

DLuders is right, those instructions are base on the reverse engineering of the stop motion build.

For the most part it's accurate enough, but it's not perfect :tongue:

Though I'm curious if the instructions aren't out there, where'd the parts list come from?

OK guys, thanks for the info. That means that you don't have to go ahead DLuders - I wanted the build according to the official instructions.

But thanks for your offer :classic:

I tried to build 4000001 with both LDD and real bricks on around August 2011. The LXF file have exactly 795 pcs, but maybe just about 97-99% correct in built/parts.

I just found parts list with 794 pcs here: (Not sure the last piece is sticker or not?) http://www.brickset..../?set=4000001-1

With this part list, maybe it is possible to make a 100% correct LXF.

7979861726_62a43ed490_c.jpg

LEGO 4000001 4000012 moulding machine piper airplane by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

I have finished part 1. I will do part 2 tomorrow unless somebody else make part 2. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I have finished part 1. I will do part 2 tomorrow unless somebody else make part 2. :classic:

Don't get me wrong, but did you read the topic? DLuders allready volontered, but because the instructions are non-official we skipped it.

So unless you have access to the official instructions, you don't need to do on my behalf.

That is ok,I am going to finish it any way,I could do with the practice and it looks like a fun model to make anyway.

I did notice the problem with the instructions before my last post.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I would love to build this model form the offical instructions as well. Please update this thread if any are sourced. Thanks.