Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Conclusion: Still Alive

Oh no, I didn't mean that, you did a good job with your observation. I was just commenting on the irony of life in general with me getting stuck with the scum killing role this game. :laugh:

Do you feel lucky, punk? :laugh:

Say what??? *oh2* That's pretty sloppy. :sceptic: Sorry to say...

:laugh::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::rofl::roflmao:

Priceless!!

Don't know what fits better: :blush: / :hmpf_bad: / :angry:

I was not told at that time that I got the role (I was told actually half an hour before deadline).

Deadline was during European night.

I did not know that I would be able to change my targets.

It was my first night with a night action.

It's no excuse, but it is not that sloppy or dumb it's rather inexperienced. :blush::wink:

Might I remind you that you lost as well. :wink:

I survived and frankly, Win or lose I don't really care, I had fun and I am not in it to win per-se, the experience for me was worth it.

So in my glass-half-full mind, I won; I won experience, I got to play closely with great mafia players and see their styles and approaches from a front row seat; that was invaluable!

The experience gained here will FOR SURE help me in future games. I am, now more than ever, really looking forward to my next game!

Granted that this could have a double-entente! What I meant was that this is the first time I make it this far, this was also the first time that I had "good game" and was able to efficiently defend myself both (or three) times I was attacked/called out. I gave it my all to find scum, it looks like it was noticed/acknowledged and that satisfies me.

Super optomistic statement ahead: My own win condition was to not get killed ... I WON! :laugh:

I grant you the feeling of having won this game and it is cool that you survived. But you seem to forget why both of us survived and why you were not lynched despite the fact you had been a perfect lynch/kill target. It was because of our sibling role. I had the feeling sometimes too that I had managed to get away from a secure lynch. But retrospective I feel like I was just used. Even if I had survived (which the scum obviously could not do due to rules: Win or Die), I would not have felt like a survivor due to my own abilites or due to my good play.

BTW, Imagine the cult had chosen to kill not only remaining scum, but also remaining unconverted townies. Still a winner? :wink:

In retrospect, I've found that I could have found out about the cult earlier. On night 3, the same night Hinck was converted, I stole Draggy's lunch. After I stole VolcanikPanik's lunch on night 1, I had another steal lunch I hadn't used yet, and after discussing with fhomess (who had mostly figured out who still had lunch) and Hinck, Hinck and I agreed I should steal Draggy's lunch and use it to verify him, just so we could be sure. I guess it comes as no surprise that after Hinck got converted, he somehow convinced me it would be a waste to use it on Draggy, who couldn't possibly be scum (and at that time I was operating under the assumption that Shadows had been scum, I guess also partially due to Hinck convincing me about that :hmpf:). So instead I used it on DarthPotato, and that's how we found out he was a protector (which led to him slipping under the radar :tongue:). But anyway, even then, as I was going to use my lunch on DarthPotato, I wondered if I should just go against Hinck and check out Draggy anyway, because I had this odd feeling something was off with the Amy/Draggy thing because of Shadows. But silly me just dismissed it as paranoia, and I didn't. Had I done that, on night 4, I would have found a clue that would not have corroborated Draggy being an investigator, and someone would have had an interesting explaining job to do :tongue:.

I guess my point is that town actually did have chances earlier on to figure out the cult. I could have done it, I was in a position to see it. I was in a position where I knew a lot about claimed roles, I could detect inconsistencies, and I could have used that last lunch smarter. But I didn't. Probably partly because I was feeling too comfortable just working with Hinck, and partly because Hinck kept feeding me so many lies that my view of things got messed up :wacko:.

I grant you the feeling of having won this game and it is cool that you survived. But you seem to forget why both of us survived and why you were not lynched despite the fact you had been a perfect lynch/kill target. It was because of our sibling role. I had the feeling sometimes too that I had managed to get away from a secure lynch. But retrospective I feel like I was just used. Even if I had survived (which the scum obviously could not do due to rules: Win or Die), I would not have felt like a survivor due to my own abilites or due to my good play.

BTW, Imagine the cult had chosen to kill not only remaining scum, but also remaining unconverted townies. Still a winner? :wink:

The difference between you and I is that I was totally ready, and said so to Hinck and Dany, to die for the town, had we decided to lynch you, I would have voted for you knowing full well I would die in the process!

Edited by Piratedave84

In retrospect, I've found that I could have found out about the cult earlier. On night 3, the same night Hinck was converted, I stole Draggy's lunch. After I stole VolcanikPanik's lunch on night 1, I had another steal lunch I hadn't used yet, and after discussing with fhomess (who had mostly figured out who still had lunch) and Hinck, Hinck and I agreed I should steal Draggy's lunch and use it to verify him, just so we could be sure. I guess it comes as no surprise that after Hinck got converted, he somehow convinced me it would be a waste to use it on Draggy, who couldn't possibly be scum (and at that time I was operating under the assumption that Shadows had been scum, I guess also partially due to Hinck convincing me about that :hmpf:). So instead I used it on DarthPotato, and that's how we found out he was a protector (which led to him slipping under the radar :tongue:). But anyway, even then, as I was going to use my lunch on DarthPotato, I wondered if I should just go against Hinck and check out Draggy anyway, because I had this odd feeling something was off with the Amy/Draggy thing because of Shadows. But silly me just dismissed it as paranoia, and I didn't. Had I done that, on night 4, I would have found a clue that would not have corroborated Draggy being an investigator, and someone would have had an interesting explaining job to do :tongue:.

I guess my point is that town actually did have chances earlier on to figure out the cult. I could have done it, I was in a position to see it. I was in a position where I knew a lot about claimed roles, I could detect inconsistencies, and I could have used that last lunch smarter. But I didn't. Probably partly because I was feeling too comfortable just working with Hinck, and partly because Hinck kept feeding me so many lies that my view of things got messed up :wacko:.

:cry_sad: That actually wasn't a lie. Draggy hadn't been converted yet so your lunch should've still shown something about his actual role. I was just trying to be as Townie as possible and use it on someone who could've been Scum. Using it on Draggy would've double confirmed him since he had just delivered three Scum to their lynches. I just thought it was better used to verify one of those "flying-under-the-radar" players. I really think your lunch would've shown that he was the day investigator. I had every confidence at the time that it would've. That would have been a nasty shock if it came back with "You found a shiny pin" or something like that. I would've had to do some quick thinking, "must be his invesitgator badge." :wacko:

:cry_sad: That actually wasn't a lie. Draggy hadn't been converted yet so your lunch should've still shown something about his actual role. I was just trying to be as Townie as possible and use it on someone who could've been Scum. Using it on Draggy would've double confirmed him since he had just delivered three Scum to their lynches. I just thought it was better used to verify one of those "flying-under-the-radar" players. I really think your lunch would've shown that he was the day investigator. I had every confidence at the time that it would've. That would have been a nasty shock if it came back with "You found a shiny pin" or something like that. I would've had to do some quick thinking, "must be his invesitgator badge." :wacko:

Investigator badge :laugh:

Hm, true, I forgot that Draggy was actually converted after you. I guess it depends on whether the conversion would happen before or after the lunch actions? :look:

You probably would have been able to hold me off on trying to get Draggy lynched one more day anyway, and then went and converted me instead of Danny on night 5 :tongue:

The difference between you and I is that I was totally ready, and said so to Hinck and Dany, to die for the town, had we decided to lynch you, I would have voted for you knowing full well I would die in the process!

I agree with this 100%. If it hadn't been for the complication of the Cult, Dave would've played a huge part in winning it for the Town.

Investigator badge :laugh:

Hm, true, I forgot that Draggy was actually converted after you. I guess it depends on whether the conversion would happen before or after the lunch actions? :look:

You probably would have been able to hold me off on trying to get Draggy lynched one more day anyway, and then went and converted me instead of Danny on night 5 :tongue:

We asked something about when a converted player would lose their Action and I believe we were told it would be after they used it, so the conversion was the last thing that occured in the night. That's why I was pretty sure you'd still read Draggy as investigator.

That's for sure. I bow down.

Are you being sarcastic? Being a sore loser is not becoming. Dave really did do a lot to uncover your lying and was totally willing to die to prove it.

We asked something about when a converted player would lose their Action and I believe we were told it would be after they used it, so the conversion was the last thing that occured in the night. That's why I was pretty sure you'd still read Draggy as investigator.

Hm, yeah, well, but... still :tongue:. Stop trying to take away from me that I made mistakes :laugh:

Hm, yeah, well, but... still :tongue:. Stop trying to take away from me that I made mistakes :laugh:

Stop saying that trusting me was your only mistake. :laugh: You won, so you did it all right. :blush:

So, let the lesson be that you should always trust Hinckley. :snicker:

No, I was not sarcastic. Without a cult it would have been a very good play from Dave. *thumbs up*

I realised that we lost pretty early, so I had plenty of time to make me feel comfortable with losing :tongue::wink:

Haha. No. :laugh:

Edited by PsyKater

Stop saying that trusting me was your only mistake. :laugh: You won, so you did it all right. :blush:

That's on my list of things to do in Mafia! It's right underneath "Always Trust Shadows!" You see how well these rules are working for me? I won! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

But I can't think of any other mistakes :laugh:

But you're right, I'm not unhappy about anything, I won after all :wink:. And I'm not telling you how much I'll trust you in the future :tongue:

I just want to keep improving as a player :sweet:

And I'm not telling you how much I'll trust you in the future :tongue:

I just want to keep improving as a player :sweet:

Aw crap. :tongue:

Well, this was one heck of a game. :grin: Shadows, I'm not totally sure why you chose me as the replacement Cult Leader, but I'm not complaining. You did well setting things up as deviously as you did, you magnificent bastard you. :laugh:

Hinck, you were of course a powerhouse for the team. You're always an invaluable team mate to have, your dedication and obsession is a thing to behold. :grin: Danny, thanks for being there for Hinck and the team while Draggy and I were away, we couldn't have done this without your help. And Draggy, you were also an invaluable asset, both on and off the team. :tongue: And of course Cecilie, we couldn't have done it without you.

What a team, you all did great. :thumbup:

And DarkDragon, thanks for hosting this wonderful game. It was certainly tense at times, exciting, and most importantly fun to play.

DarkDragon, thanks for hosting such a wonderful game. I had a really fun time playing and I liked the comic style that you used for the pictures. I think that the day killer added a nice twist to the game, especially early on when we had no idea what was going on. I also liked the lunches since they helped to keep vanilla townies more active. Congratulations to the winners.

I must commend the cult for doing such a wonderful job. Apart from Shadows, we never lynched a single cult member so you guys sure did a good job.

Sign in to follow this