Mister Phes

Catapult Raft SYSTEMized

One suggestion: when you use 2 mini-figs in a MOC it seems best to give them a different face. Or maybe the are twins?

Just like in the LEGO sets.... The often had the same faces. And this is an improved LEGO set, so it's okay with me!

That bright red flag just ruins the whole color balance. I would call it a land-based moc, but I suppose it is a raft with catapolts on it *wacko* .

A shame Cirk got the Bad Kids title, a shame.

Well, the pictures are of an extremely high quality. I guess they are taken with that superb Canon EOS 400D camera of yours!

You have guessed correctly!

The colors combine very well and the overall look is as it should be. My favorite part is the yellow lamp.

I don't think it is very sea-worthy with these big catapults, but I guess you are not playing with it when you are sitting in your bath, so thats not really an issue :-D .

The yellow lamp is about the only thing from the set that wasn't changed. And who says I won't be playing with it in the bath? X-D Not that LEGO floats anyway...

One suggestion: when you use 2 mini-figs in a MOC it seems best to give them a different face. Or maybe the are twins?

Just like in the LEGO sets.... The often had the same faces. And this is an improved LEGO set, so it's okay with me!

Mr Tiber is correct. Although I wasn't planning on putting a great deal of effort into this MOC so I just grabbed the two nearest Pirate mini-figure which happened to have the same face. Normally I'd choose two different faces.

That bright red flag just ruins the whole color balance. I would call it a land-based moc, but I suppose it is a raft with catapolts on it *wacko* .

well...the flags is terrible...but the other parts of the MOC ar really cool...specially the saber

I knew I should have changed the flag! But I definitely think that sword is too big to be used with SYSTEM Pirates.

A shame Cirk got the Bad Kids title, a shame.

Yes, and partly because Kirk had horrendous spelling and grammar - he may yet redeem himself though.

Ok, so I'm browsing around in EB and i keep seeing pictures of this raft thing.

I know i've seen the thread but i haven't felt compelled to say much about it cause ppl have already said what i would have. But i'll try to contribute.

If the raft were to have some "rock" ammo for the catapults, the raft would be less sea worth and probably sink. In other words i'd loose the catapults.

Also for the two "logs" it'd be cool to see the other side of the logs using 1/2 technic pins with studs on one side to mount a similar "log" pieces on the bottom side of the plate.

I'd change the color of the plate from a metalic bley to a brown, tan, or black.

As mentioned already, use the classic system pirate flag.

I mean this in the nicest way possible Mr. Phes. :-$

Hope it'll be considered constructive criticism.

Happy MOCing,

Phred

Maybe the catapults are not actually catapults in fact but hydro electric power turbines to power the really big and ugly looking light bulb. Mr Phes, as you own this set, can you shed any light?

Why does everyone think this amazing little raft is so awful? What wrong with it? I'll admit, it is a bit too <insert that tiresome argument>, but still...

To tell the truth, Mr Phes, I really like your raft! Sure, it's a bit un-realistic, with a catapult on-board, but I still like it!

Improvements? When you re-do this particuar craft, re-name it and take out the catapult. I would also add a few more "little details", like buckets, treasure chests and...you know.

6.5/10. Not the best, but not terrible.

I also have to say that the scimitar that the pirate is holding doesn't really look like a pirate saber! But, it still looks really cool with the back curve in it! And one of these days are you going to take that flag down or do you want to have more people comment on it? :-D

Why does everyone think this amazing little raft is so awful? What wrong with it? I'll admit, it is a bit too <insert that tiresome argument>, but still...

To tell the truth, Mr Phes, I really like your raft! Sure, it's a bit un-realistic, with a catapult on-board, but I still like it!

Improvements? When you re-do this particuar craft, re-name it and take out the catapult. I would also add a few more "little details", like buckets, treasure chests and...you know.

6.5/10. Not the best, but not terrible.

6.5 out of 10 is a D that's not a very high score in my book! personally I would give it a -2... well maybe a -1! :-D

6.5 out of 10 is a D that's not a very high score in my book! personally I would give it a -2... well maybe a -1! :-D

Thats not much...

Because Lego is a hobby and I'm sure that Mr. Phes enjoyed building this raft (he even plays with it in his bath :-D ), I'll give it 10/10 :-P !

Maybe the catapults are not actually catapults in fact but hydro electric power turbines to power the really big and ugly looking light bulb. Mr Phes, as you own this set, can you shed any light?

Since the set is called "Catapult Raft" I dare say they're catapults, however you've just shed light on what this MOC really is Turbine Raft!!!

That's why it has two Pirate mini-figures - one to man each turbine!

6.5 should at least be a somewhere in between C+ and B-

C is a pass, and usually you need 50% to pass - unless the grading is really hard.

I like the sword...

Seriously, I'm not even a fan of system MOCs based on sets, so starting with a 4+ set is going to be a hard sell, but you definitely made the deluxe version. I can just see someone at Lego requesting more playability, and someone else adding a second catapult...

God Bless,

Nathan

6.5 should at least be a somewhere in between C+ and B-

C is a pass, and usually you need 50% to pass - unless the grading is really hard.

You need a 70% to pass here. I found 1 good use for the catapolts, get the pirates off the ship and far far away from their craft, and hopefully on to land!

(he even plays with it in his bath :-D ),

I'm not the only one!? I mean Cough Cough, hack hack... Did you say soething? :-D

JK. Though when I was younger, say 8 or 9, I used to play with my Pirates in the bath (Thank God I didn't have any Imperials back then :-P). Then I figured out They were rare.