______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Vision is 'on the side of life', it seemed too big a character trait to just erase or change to 'I'm on the side of my dad, but not Ultron-Dad, Tony-Dad.
    • SHIELD and the goverment have a better chance of protecting his family than Rodgers does. Plus Natasha was quite pally with Rodgers in TWS and helped collapse SHIELD.
    • If he's not, how did he get his wings in TWS?
    • For whom? I'd say Rodgers due to her hatred of Tony. But she's hardly a game changer in the MCU.
    • A robot bird, maybe it's Ultron :grin:.
    • I hope it's not the version from the comics, that's just stupidly over-powered.
    • Maybe she'll get something to do this time.
    • I checked, apparently Fury will not be in it. Hill, maybe.

Stole the wings.

• Vision is 'on the side of life', it seemed too big a character trait to just erase or change to 'I'm on the side of my dad, but not Ultron-Dad, Tony-Dad.
    • SHIELD and the goverment have a better chance of protecting his family than Rodgers does. Plus Natasha was quite pally with Rodgers in TWS and helped collapse SHIELD.
    • If he's not, how did he get his wings in TWS?
    • For whom? I'd say Rodgers due to her hatred of Tony. But she's hardly a game changer in the MCU.
    • A robot bird, maybe it's Ultron :grin:.
    • I hope it's not the version from the comics, that's just stupidly over-powered.
    • Maybe she'll get something to do this time.
    • I checked, apparently Fury will not be in it. Hill, maybe.

1. the side of life could be the government

2. Natasha also opened up to the goverment, and clint keeps everything down under, only SHIELD knows about his family not the government

3. Stole it

4. Could be :grin:

5. Yeah, they will tone down it a bit

6. I don't hope so, she's just another gun shooting nothing

7. Meh

He stole the wings and the government just let him keep them?

I guess :snicker: He's a superhero now !

I guess :snicker: He's a superhero now !

Except that that suit

was destroyed at the end of TWS. Winter Soldier snapped the wings off and Falcon tossed the rest when escaping from the charging helicarrier.

Which confuses me because

I thought Stark made him a new one, but why would he if his loyalty clearly lies with Cap? Does the Ant-Man scene explain this at all? (I haven't seen that one yet, so don't get too spoiler-y on me)

For the record, I am not totally sold on this info being accurate. But, I've been proven wrong when I've been skeptical about Marvel news/leaks before. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Except that that suit

was destroyed at the end of TWS. Winter Soldier snapped the wings off and Falcon tossed the rest when escaping from the charging helicarrier.

Which confuses me because

I thought Stark made him a new one, but why would he if his loyalty clearly lies with Cap? Does the Ant-Man scene explain this at all? (I haven't seen that one yet, so don't get too spoiler-y on me)

For the record, I am not totally sold on this info being accurate. But, I've been proven wrong when I've been skeptical about Marvel news/leaks before. :shrug_oh_well:

Because he's an Avenger.

Falcon had a new wing suit at the end of Age of Ultron before Tony and Steve went their separate ways. I'm sure Tony would've been fine with designing another for him at that point. He may have even designed it earlier than that to aid Sam in his solo search for Bucky.

Well, we now know everything we really need to know for the time being.

War Machine joins Iron Man because they are best friends. Rhodes has also presumably been accountable to the U.S. Government before all of this, so it makes sense that he wouldn't have any qualms about serving his nation in the same way he also has. If Scarlet Witch is locked up due to the 'incident' that killed civilians(And killed off one of my favorite characters in the movie, it seems! :thumbdown: ), then it makes sense that Vision would want to be as close to her as possible. Black Widow and Hawkeye need to be on opposite teams if Black Widow is a mole-remember what happened in the Ultimate universe with Hawkeye's family? That would be a neat twist, albeit a dark one. And Black Panther is naturally going to side with the "accountability team" after what happened with the Vibranium stolen from Wakanda in Age of Ultron. He feels responsible for Ultron in a way.

As for Cap's team...well, it's the Barbershop Quartet all over again. You've got his best friend Bucky, who's recovering from being a brainwashed assassin brought in and out of cryogenic freezing to do Hydra's bidding. Then there's Falcon, who is likely Cap's best friend in the 21st century. Sharon Carter might seem like a surprising choice for an Avenger, but Cap needs all the help he can get, and Agent 13 proved her loyalty in TSW. Hawkeye is the family man who retired to spend more time with his family, but is called back into action to save the world. He likely doesn't want people to know where his farm is, since Nick Fury erased all data about it from S.H.I.E.L.D. files. Then there's Ant-Man...the superhero who is new and has no purpose besides bringing laughs to the audience.

Spider-Man's role is too unknown. It's possible he might even acquire an Iron Spider suit by Stark as a gift, but that's kept too far under wraps. My guess is that Maria Hill sides with Cap and commandeers Helicarrier no. 64, and if Nick Fury appears, I imagine he'd side with Cap too.

He stole the wings and the government just let him keep them?

Technically, the suit belonged to his unit. He grabbed one of them(I think his own, obviously) and took off. It was all offscreen, but he mentioned getting past security. I just sent my rental TWS DVD back to Netflix, so it's fresh on my mind. :tongue:

(On a side note, the description for the DVD on the DVD sleeve is quite strange: "Extending the saga of Marvel's the Avengers, this superhero sequel finds Steve Rogers living quietly in Washington and growing increasingly restless. So when a deadly new foe surfaces, he transforms into Captain America and allies with Black Widow." :wacko: )

The suit that Falcon is wearing in Avengers: Age of Ultron is the same one created for Ant-Man. The last scene of AoU was reshot with his new suit. The origins of his red suit are unknown.

My guess is that Maria Hill sides with Cap and commandeers Helicarrier no. 64, and if Nick Fury appears, I imagine he'd side with Cap too.

Except that in the Avengers deleted scenes, she is very critical of the idea of superheroes at all, and so would likely want to restrict their rights, privacy, etc. hence would be on Tony's side. (Incidentally, this was a big plot point in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, when Hill took over as director when Fury went underground--she wanted all heroes registered and under command of SHIELD.)

Also in the MCU, she currently works for Stark Industries, and although she does help Cap in TWS, that seems more of an alliance of convenience to purge SHIELD of Hydra more than anything.

Of course, none of that means she couldn't side with Cap, I just see it as unlikely.

As for Fury, I could see him going either way.

Also, where is Coulson in all of this? He would definitely side with Cap, but do they still keep him hidden during Civil War?

I'd wonder where to place Coulson as well. There will likely be a 'return of HYDRA' style shift in the show but where would it leave Coulson? He is a loyal SHIELD agent but is also heading up the Secret Avengers (or whatever their new inhuman/gifted team will be called) Daisy didn't much care for the SHIELD index to start with, and the registration act is the index written big.

I'd wonder where to place Coulson as well. There will likely be a 'return of HYDRA' style shift in the show but where would it leave Coulson? He is a loyal SHIELD agent but is also heading up the Secret Avengers (or whatever their new inhuman/gifted team will be called) Daisy didn't much care for the SHIELD index to start with, and the registration act is the index written big.

That question would also bring Daredevil and the Defenders into question. Do street-level vigilantes need to be registered? What about superheroes in the making like Doctor Strange? This will affect every part of the MCU it seems, at least on Earth.

Like I said, I really, really hope that they do the cinematic Civil War differently than they did in the comics, because the side that won in the comics can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. :tongue:

I am very interested to see how Cap's team hold their own against Stark's team. Stark seems to have all the heavy hitters.

Clearly fake. There's the random exposition, and the shots of the heroes are clearly lifted from the other movies. It didn't even have the lines that we know Crossbones said in the trailer at D23. Not to mention Marvel would've immediately taken it down, not let it stay up for 2 weeks.

Oh, I saw that trailer, definitely fake.

Anyways, I'm definitely intrigued by Deadpool. I don't watch movies with nudity, so I'll sadly be sitting this one out, but the trailers were amazing. He looks like he walked straight out of a comic book, and he even cracks a joke at Green Lantern. I sort of wish Marvel had him, but since they don't...maybe he'll break the fourth wall and reveal who dies in Civil War? :wink:

EDIT: Fixed a typo. How humiliating.

Edited by Starrocks923

Anyways, I'm definitely intrigued by Deadpool. I don't watch movies with nudity, so I'll sadly be sitting this one out, but the trailers were amazing. He looks like he walked straight out of a comic book, and he even cracks a joke at Green Lantern. I sort of wish Marvel had him, but since they don't...maybe he'll break the fourth wall and reveal who dies in Civil War? :wink:

Well i don't think they show a lot of nudity, just a SFX ( :tongue: ) scene. but they won't show the Hoo-Ha's and the Bee-Jeez

There's a rumour going around that it's getting two releases a 12a and a 18.

Falcon had a new wing suit at the end of Age of Ultron before Tony and Steve went their separate ways. I'm sure Tony would've been fine with designing another for him at that point. He may have even designed it earlier than that to aid Sam in his solo search for Bucky.

Has anyone confirmed whether the new suit at the end of AoU is the same one that was in Ant-Man and will also appear in Civil War?

Has anyone confirmed whether the new suit at the end of AoU is the same one that was in Ant-Man and will also appear in Civil War?

No, it's a (Slightly) new one.

Edited by kevkipo

It was the same as the one in Ant-Man. It's unknown if it'll appear in CW as yet.

Jessica Jones Premiere Announcement Video:

I've been waiting ages for this :wub:.

Edited by Mr Man