I send a month agoo some photo's off mine moc the Daf 3600 Twin Turbo Dakar truck from Jan de Rooy from 1987 to the Daf Museon in Eindhoven(Netherlands) and they wand display mine Moc at the real one for a half year, but i have planded to make a new moc and need all the white and blue from it, what must i do???

101_0149_1.jpg

101_0156_1.jpg

101_0175_1.jpg

Let them pay for the MOC so you can build a copy for display?

I think it's cool that they want to display your vehicle, but on the other hand, handing over your precious lego is not easy...

I don't know how many similar oportunities you have, I personally would lend them the model for that half a year. This is for you a good oportunity to present yourself and also to present LEGO Technic. I am sure you have many inspirations for models using other colors and half a year is not that long. May be it will bring you requests also from other, this time paying people, wishing to have their favourite car displayed on the table or in the showroom. Even if not, it still will make you feel proud. You actually owe this to them a bit, since you copied their design. :laugh:

Edited by hrontos

Dude,

You get to show yuor model for half a year, and I hope that your name will be present on display . GO FOR IT !!!!

not much builders have the oppurtunity to do this, and the builders that do, do it hush hush. It's not very nice of them not to give you some kind of payment ( at least some LEGO in return ) , but I would jump at the chance to do this.

grtz Saint

Edited by Saint

Just make sure you that they have their theft insurance arranged up front (you have to make an estimate for the value of your model for that). And that they will put your model in some kind of glass case so that the visitors won't be able to touch it).

It would be a pity to see that someone is taking your model (or parts) with them and all you get a excuse note...

Let us know whether or not you are going to do it, I might come over to have a look, it's practically around the corner :)

Do you have a picture of the 2 togheter?

It is awsome that the museum displays your creation...when I am at the center I hope to have time to check it out...

Nice work and good to hear.

As for the parts, just buy more - wouldn't cost much.

I personally never pull apart any finished MOCs or official sets.

Getting some new white and blue parts would be the obvious (but expensive) thing to do.

Getting your model displayed at a museum is awesome and an honor . Maybe some good things will follow out of it..

When is the display of your truck planned for?

Thanks for all off yours reactions.

The Daf museon is planning how and when they can fit in their collection and i must see at witch condision they want to

display it.

I hope that it get a good place for display the model at a good condision