Admiral Croissant

Tournament of Retribution III Rules and Entries Overview

Do you mean instead of a redcoat or bluecoat? In that case, no.

But if you use a redcoat and bluecoat soldier, next to those two you're free to use whatever torso you want.

Yeah you can use the two on the left. The other two are too recognizable as being non-islanders.

However some kind of islander attribute could add to the islander look if you have any.

A deck-scrubber seeking clarification here!

Must the whole story be submitted at once or will they be considered a WIP until the deadline? If releasing the story in parts is permitted, would they all need to be posted in the original post or as and when they are released into the thread?

Thanks,

Duck

*Goes back to scrubbing*

I don't mind if you make a small teaser like Frank Brick Wright did.

But if you've created and posted an entire comic then I expect it to be your final one, just like we did in the previous Tournament.

If you come up with a better idea, you're always free to post it, but then it won't count for the Tournament.

So think wisely before you submit your final entry :wink:

So if someone has a longer comic it cannot be divided into 2 or 3 parts?

And more importantly... now we can make ONLY ONE entry per phase? This was not stated in the Rules...

I have already prepared couple of entries... *oh2* do I have to choose only ONE? :wacko:

And more importantly... now we can make ONLY ONE entry per phase? This was not stated in the Rules...

I have already prepared couple of entries... *oh2* do I have to choose only ONE? :wacko:

To what I heard, one entry per phase. And you can post any extra you want, but it won't count for the actual ToR. Hope this helps. :wink:

The rules clearly state "create a comic of up to 10 panels".

They don't say "create as many comics as you want in as many parts as you want to enhance your chance of winning." :pirate:

You can create as many comics as you want, and I don't mind if you make it part of a bigger story, but you'll have to choose one as an official entry. And keep in mind that the majority of the voting people will only read the one in the voting topic.

Only the official one will be placed in the voting topic.

Other, non-official entries also don't have to follow the rules of course :wink:

Well I knew that part with 10 panels... and with torsos... and with Islanders... etc

But it wasn't clear to me that there can be only one official entry. I thought "the more the better" :sweet:

Right... So now I have a hard choice to make... I guess I'm gonna make all of these anyway - had too much fun creating them :sweet:

whether these will count or not... it's mainly just for fun, right? :wink:

And is it possible that You guys will tell us what will be the 3rd phase?... like in this year? I want to make my entries in advance as I might be going abroad pretty soon and so will not have possibility to take part in that phase :sceptic:

As I understood the rules, you first have to get to the third phase, so don't bother with any work in advance for nothing :tongue::wink:

That's a different matter :sweet: but I'd like to participate whether I'll qualify to the next round or not :wink:

knowing now would really help to get parts needed... especially in Poland where our postal service works as fast as an old hack :blush:

Excuse Admiral, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

1275679834m_DISPLAY.jpg

So in my entry I may have ten panels like in Example 2 or my entry is just one panel?

To put this in another terms: can I only have 10 photos distributed as I want from a certain number of panels or can I have 10 panels with any number of images in each? :look:

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

Excuse me too, because I used the image from the previous Tournament, which could indeed seem a bit unclear.

You can have one large 600X800 image with a maximum of 10 photographs in it, or two 600X800 images each with 5 photographs and so on.

Or you can have 10 seperate photographs each with a maximum of 600X800 pixles.

Clear enough? :classic:

No.. You need to have a bit of LEGO :pirate: But adding comic effects is no problem of course.

Are photoshopped elements such as backgrounds permitted assuming they are fitting for the story (Sky/ocean/caves etc)?

And is it possible that You guys will tell us what will be the 3rd phase?... like in this year? I want to make my entries in advance as I might be going abroad pretty soon and so will not have possibility to take part in that phase :sceptic:

Unfortunately we can't do that because of two reasons:

1) We are still planning that phase as it's so far ahead, the things we have now can change before the 3rd round starts.

2) It wouldn't be a surprise anymore. We like surprise attacks a lot.

Why, do you think your current one has been over-humiliated? :devil:

No I love that people enjoy using me, I just want to update him with more red. :wink:

I'd rather have people choose one avatar and stay with it to avoid confusion and such, but if you must..

A slight moderation is no problem.

Ok thanks, I will probably just add an item or two. :wink: