CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

any sign of new polybags? i've asked this before but i dont want to miss out because i only got 3 Elrond, 5 Mirkwook Elf Guard, 1 Gandalf Dol Guldur

Only 3 Elrond?! ;_; I haven't gotten a single polybag :((((

Me and my brother just ordered the Pirate Ship Ambush, Battle of the Black Gate and Council of Elrond. Gonna be fun to build :)

I wonder, will the Tower of Orthanc be exclusive to Lego Stores or Legos official page or will it be sold at other stores too? There are no official Lego stores in Sweden I believe.

It will probably be a Shop at Home and LEGO store exclusive, like Arkham, and presumably the upcoming Ewok Village as well.

It will probably be a Shop at Home and LEGO store exclusive, like Arkham, and presumably the upcoming Ewok Village as well.

Thanks! Unfortunately that means there'll be no way of getting it for a fair price :( For example the Swedish price for the Council of Elrond on S@H is equivalent of $76. Luckily it is cheaper elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum! Here's a quick (read: bad :tongue: ) photo that I took of my setup, both front and back:

How did you make the two other sides? Cut the base in two?

How did you make the two other sides? Cut the base in two?

Haha no :laugh: . I just replaced the long plate with two plates that are half the length.

Does anybody know what is up with S@H? 3 of the 4 sets have been released, and 2 of those are already out of stock. And then apparently the Black Gate was supposed to be available today, but now it just says "coming soon".

Does anybody know what is up with S@H? 3 of the 4 sets have been released, and 2 of those are already out of stock. And then apparently the Black Gate was supposed to be available today, but now it just says "coming soon".

I'm really hoping it's because these are really popular, but the Black Gate situation is weird. I got Black Gate and the Wizard Battle at my LEGO Store yesterday, and both are lovely so far. :wub:

I was hoping to put an order in today for the Black Gate (and a few other sets), but now it looks like I will have to wait longer. Oh well at least the Jor-El promo is until the 25th.

Also, I too really hope this lack of stock means they are selling really well! If the sets go out of stock a week into their shelf life, then I really find it hard to believe TLG wouldn't keep riding this theme for a while longer (which is great for every LotR fan!).

why is the UK the only ones still waiting for the new wave, did we not give the world LOTR after all

Also, I too really hope this lack of stock means they are selling really well! If the sets go out of stock a week into their shelf life, then I really find it hard to believe TLG wouldn't keep riding this theme for a while longer (which is great for every LotR fan!).

I hope this is the case as well. But I suspect that it has more to do with getting their inventory on time (case in point: Black Gate).

I hope this is the case as well. But I suspect that it has more to do with getting their inventory on time (case in point: Black Gate).

I would assume the same. Most Lego stores didn't even have the Pirate Ship out, and S@H didn't have Black Gates so I am assuming there was some sort of problem with production and the initial run has had extremely limited stock.

Hmm, I got the UK S@H catologue today and NO LOTR sets are in it. I am quite sad about this as I was looking forward to seeing them in print. Also all the other summer sets are in ther (SW, City etc) Oh well im sure we will have an official explanation soon.

Hmm, I got the UK S@H catologue today and NO LOTR sets are in it. I am quite sad about this as I was looking forward to seeing them in print. Also all the other summer sets are in ther (SW, City etc) Oh well im sure we will have an official explanation soon.

that's very odd hope we get them soon, any voucher like 10% off like the US got.

that's very odd hope we get them soon, any voucher like 10% off like the US got.

Alas no, Not on mine. I have noticed on the back right hand corner there is a small note for Orthancs release on the 17th for VIPs. Other than that nothing :sadnew:

Alas no, Not on mine. I have noticed on the back right hand corner there is a small note for Orthancs release on the 17th for VIPs. Other than that nothing :sadnew:

I saw this too - this is poor of lego. Worldwide release should be standard - not uk can wait!lol!

I saw this too - this is poor of lego. Worldwide release should be standard - not uk can wait!lol!

The price you pay for getting incredibly cheap polys through the Sun promotions :tongue:

I had the same question, I went to order but now I can't, kind of irritated lol

I wish they included Boromir instead of Gimli in the Council of Elrond set. While I like the character, he's already been included in 3 other sets while Boromir only appears in 1 so far.

35367155.jpg

I think those coupons were only on the catalogs sent to people within a certain distance of Lego Brand Stores.

Big question: when you build the orthanc, will you do it bag by bag or mix all bricks togehter... i mixed them when i was building helms deep(about 1400 pcs, right?). But 2359pcs... tempting... plus they're all black...

Edited by LegoThomas

Aren't those exclusice sets always without numbered bags? I remember that the medieval market village didn't have numbered bags, also the imperial flagship didn't have numbered ones.

Big question: when you build the orthanc, will you do it bag by bag or mix all bricks togehter... i mixed them when i was building helms deep(about 1400 pcs, right?). But 2359pcs... tempting... plus they're all black...

I had the same thought but think I will mix again. When I was a kid, I had most of the fun playing with the minifigures. Now it's building the models, so the longer it takes, the better. :classic: