CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

If that lot rock up to Dol Guldur, it would make for a great set. Tombs of the Nazgul in Rhudaur do sound creepy and atmospheric, but are a completely PJ creation - Sauron gave them the 9 rings and they became wraiths, so there was no burying in tombs or anywhere else required.

Not entirely true..Witch King of Angmar was actually buried after he dies. The wraith you mentioned was his soul turned to evil. But he havent any human form. Black riders are only empty robes , armored atc to look like humans they were once, but their physical bodies are actually buried.

Not entirely true..Witch King of Angmar was actually buried after he dies. The wraith you mentioned was his soul turned to evil. But he havent any human form. Black riders are only empty robes , armored atc to look like humans they were once, but their physical bodies are actually buried.

Wrong. The Witch-King was never killed or buried. He only fled from Glorfindel, and that's when the prophecy of 'No Man Can Kill Me' was made. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-king_of_Angmar

Yeah, people shoudl keep in kind that as far as the lotr/hobbit LEGO is concerned, the book in alot of cases is irrelevant.

Wrong. The Witch-King was never killed or buried. He only fled from Glorfindel, and that's when the prophecy of 'No Man Can Kill Me' was made. http://en.wikipedia....-king_of_Angmar

I'm somewhat glad they added that in the films, I mean why is he called "the Necromancer" in the appendices of the books if he doesn't resurrect the dead? Maybe the prophecy comes into play in the films too in some other form or the "no man can kill me" part simply refers to the Witch-King's soul and not his body :wink: Besides, Sauron basically turned the 9 kings into ghosts, so they pretty much lack proper bodies anyway :grin:

It seems like Dol Guldur Battle is an amalgamation of Radagast's visit in AUJ and Gandalf's duel with Azog in DOS. Makes a lot of sense now.

I might be alone in this but does anyone feel like we only have 2/1/2 sets that seem to appear in the movie? I mean I haven't seen it but my impression from the trailer is that MEA is great but I'd have preferred the barrel river sequence. The outpost is a nice wall but to those who have seen the movie, is there anything that looks like that in it? I would've liked to see the barrel bit with maybe two dwarves in DOS attire, 2 orcs then maybe legolas, tauriel and a generic elf. I mean I like the elves wall and especially the figures. I just feel only doing one set involving one dwarf for a movie where they are the main characters is a bit odd. I think had Lego done six sets they could've put in one or two more actual movie scenes rather than beorn and a doorway he has never set foot near plus some new orcs. Just an opinion here, I'm glad last year's preview sets are very accurate compared to two of this year's. I can at least recreate four scenes from DOS would've been better if all the sets were actual scenes like 2012's but included some of the good figures we got this wave.

Edited by legofreak86

I was wondering if there was still a chance we'd get a Smaug set?

Of course there is. We're still getting a wave for There and Back Again next year.

I was hoping 2013/early 2014.

Nah, mid 2014 at earliest, perhaps about the release of the videogame.

I was hoping 2013/early 2014.

There is still question if there is possibility to get some exclusive Hobbit set in summer 2014... This 2013 DoS wave is kinda strange, regarding to the movie...but anyway as just2good said - there will be one more wave in winter 2014. HWe can pray for some really kickass sets with armored soldiers of the laketown and elves with new helmets, and also proper armored orcs...And maybe..there could be Sauron himself in armour...

But you can be sure that we will get Smaug (moulded or brickbuilt..dunno) and Bolg as orc general, and for 90% we will see Galadriel if there will be some smaller set from Dol Guldur location. And probably, we might get Saruman also, but we already had two of them in LotR summer wave.

i pray for new elves and for third LotR wave. Soon we will see if our dreams come true or if they remain in ash and dust :)

HWe can pray for some really kickass sets with armored soldiers of the laketown.

Theres no soldiers in laketown, their army will be the guards we already got along with the rest of the population making up a ragtag army.

Yes, but I expect that we wil get more of those guard etc, becouse after all it is BOFa right? And first of all there was an army of men and elves which try to conquer Erebor at the first time, then orcs come out...

Damn, I'm really hoping for a third LOTR wave. It would be such a huge shame if LEGO Gondorians, the Witch-king, Éowyn, Faramir and some cool new orcs like Gothmog & Grishnakh would never come to be...

That's what we need in a next wave for sure. Those 4 figures and one or more orc leaders, and perhaps another orc variant. There's too much missing for the theme to be done,

and why would they waste such potential? If they were to release sets like Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Lothlorien or something from Rohan, they'd most likely sell better than the sets we got this year.

Damn, I'm really hoping for a third LOTR wave. It would be such a huge shame if LEGO Gondorians, the Witch-king, Éowyn, Faramir and some cool new orcs like Gothmog & Grishnakh would never come to be...

That's what we need in a next wave for sure. Those 4 figures and one or more orc leaders, and perhaps another orc variant. There's too much missing for the theme to be done,

and why would they waste such potential? If they were to release sets like Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Lothlorien or something from Rohan, they'd most likely sell better than the sets we got this year.

Agreed expectations are really high..

That's what we need in a next wave for sure. Those 4 figures and one or more orc leaders, and perhaps another orc variant.

I couldn't agree more! It would be shame not to have more variation in orcs. I love the orc gear in the LOTR videogame and more armour, weapon and colour variation is needed with the orcs. I'd love a sand blue one..!

As I was watching the movie I specifically looked for the sets or something that looked similar:

• dol goldur: the gate was easily recognizable. Did not see the statue. I agree with the comment that 'battle' is an amalgomation of ragadasts and gandalfs visits

• beorn has nothing to do with dol goldur in this movie and his inclusion is quite odd. The figure is a good representation of the movie

• mirkwood elf army: its actually pretty clear to me that this set is based on the "stopping point" where the barrels get stuck at the elf gate. I need to go change my mod to have a river flowing thru it now.

• lake town: pretty obvious, and the boat actually us reminiscent.

There's definitely •a lot• of other places and characters that they could've included in the sets so hopefully they show up later on

• mirkwood elf army: its actually pretty clear to me that this set is based on the "stopping point" where the barrels get stuck at the elf gate. I need to go change my mod to have a river flowing thru it now.

I imagine the huge inaccuracies in MEA is why the say its INSPIRED by the movie, rather that what its suppsoed to be.

That scene in the movie was kindof a dream scenario for a lego set, it included, Legolas, Tauriel, Bolg, Palace guard, Elf 'rangers, gundabad orcs, all the dwarves and Bilbo.

I made my own version of that, Based on the pictures of the film set. the tree is not quite finished and i left out the lever cause it looked a bit cluttered.

2lw56dt.png

33numtw.png

ra7zpw.png

Edited by deskp

I have a few questions:

#1 How does Bolg look in the movie.

#2 Could Lego have made a set of Thranduil's Throne room or was there not enough action.

#3 Could lego have made a set of Dol Guldur that looked more like the ruins or was it to big.

#4 Is Sauron shown in the Hobbit.

#5 How big was Smaug.