CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Do people believe that, since we got two DOS sets in the first wave, that we cold get one or two AUJ sets next wave to balance it out. Maybe a Radagast's sled set with some Warg riders chasing him?

Nope. It just wont be profitable. I'm just speculating, though. Who knows, maybe Radagast might appear in a DOS set?

I remember early on when we first saw rumors of this waves LotR sets there was also the mention of what seemed to be a smaller "Frodo and the Ringwraith" set. Has anything ever been seen or heard about that? Was it pure rumor, or is there a hope that there is still a small exclusive somewhere in the pipeline? (I ask this because we just saw a picture of the SW Jedi Defender set for the first time today.)

It was just a rumour. The site that reported it had the correct set numbers for the new wave, but only one of them had the correct name (Pirate Ship)

Frodo/Ringwraith = The Wizard Battle

??? = Council of Elrond

Eagle's Nest = The Black Gate

It's probably we will get an Azog minifigure. How would you deal with his claw arm?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0oWJD5lFQB0/mqdefault.jpg

I think the most likely option is to make a new hand mold, like the pirate hook. However, as his arm is cut off at the elbow, so maybe a piece like the robot arm could be used.

I too believe a new hand is called for, like the pirate hook. I'm unsure how they'll handle his ears and bald head. The Goblin head from the Great Golblin set seems a bit too big, at least the brows seem to stuck out from the forehead.

One reason I would prefer the hook hand, is because it would be easier to change him to pre-amputee Azog.

I like the idea of the ears, but they only worked on the goblins because they had fairly large heads on skinny deformed bodies. Azog is huge and so they might make him look small. But it would allow for an angry face and a smiling/snarling face.

Also, I speculate he will be very light bley, white is too light, light bley is too grey.

For Azog they could just make a specially molded piece which would look like a regular head with some ears.

They could do this, kinda like how've they've done Yoda all these years.

Are we likely to get another couple of polybags with this wave?

If so, my guess is that they will be based on Aragorn or possibly Gimli, as they are common characters with no cloth parts. For the army side, I think it will be a Mordor Orc with no hair or helmet. However, I would be over the moon is it was a soldier of the dead or the umbar pirate, but i think this is unlikely.

Aragorn/Gimli with a tree, Orc with a catapult.

They could do this, kinda like how've they've done Yoda all these years.

I would want it to look like a regular minifig head though, just with ears instead of something like yoda's head.

Edited by Knight Solaire

Someone posted this to Reddit... I contacted him and asked where he got 'em, and no response. Check your stores North Americans! :classic:

Hf7TFn7.jpeg

The packaging in the background are the same packaging for LEGO at Target stores, so maybe there?

EDIT: He got them by working at the LEGO store. :wink:

Edited by just2good

Lucky guy, I look forward to buying some of these sets when they come out :classic:

Guys, do we know if the Hobbit is getting a second-wave?

There was a poster at one of the toy fairs saying something about The Hobbit sets coming out in December. I think.

It's definitely getting a second wave based on the second film, and likely a third wave for the third film. Anything after that is just hopeful wishing, but we can pretty much be guaranteed two more full Hobbit waves.

Also, there was a post in the LOTR 2012 thread that showed someone on Reddit who got the new sets from their local LEGO store because they worked there. It was somewhere in the US. I wonder if this means that thesets could be getting released ahead of schedule like last year.

Yep, like 'Infernum' said, there was a miniposter that confirmed it, and it was announced when LEGO acquired the license that they would make sets on all (two at the time) films.

I'm looking to buy a second Legolas to put in my Helm's Deep.

The Mirkwood Legolas is twice as cheap as Mines of Moria Legolas on Bricklink.

I think i'll get a 2nd Mirkwood Legolas as he actually looks closer to the outfit he wore at Helm's Deep than the green/gray he wears in the Moria incarnation.

What do you think?

Photo%20TTT%20Legolas%20Helms%20Deep.jpg

71621d1261312124-model-request-legolas-legolas.jpg

lor035.jpg?1

lor015.jpg?1

Edited by SheepEater

He only puts on pauldrons, so the Mines of Moria one is fine. Maybe cut down some Brickforge pauldrons and vambraces to improve the look.

The same figure comes with the Pirate Ship set, so the price may drop a small amount.

As I never bothered to get the mines I use the mirkwood figure in my Helms deep setup, In my opinion it looks fine, Just change the arms to a more fitting color. :classic:

Someone on Reddit said that the official release for the LOTR sets is July 1st. That is a long hold off- and the same day as Orthanc, I guess.

Someone on Reddit said that the official release for the LOTR sets is July 1st. That is a long hold off- and the same day as Orthanc, I guess.

Aw dang! I was hoping to get a superman poly with my order and then buy orthanc at a later date :(

Aw dang! I was hoping to get a superman poly with my order and then buy orthanc at a later date :(

Same here. I was planning to get the first three and a couple other sets to get at least two Jor-El figures. :grin:

Did they get delayed or something? The retailer catalog had them listed as being released in June and that's when last years wave was suppose to be released as well.

Yeah, I talked to the assistant manager at my local LEGO store and they said June was the release.

The Ghost ship's Army of the Dead minifigures in my opinion kind of suck. They just look like green d00ds. Wish they were transparent and tried a little harder. There's no way I'll be getting that set.

And where's my Sauron minifigure? I want one already. Tall like Woody and stuff. :)

July seems too far off. I just got a new issue of the Lego magazine, and there is a LotR fold-out featuring the new sets and minifigs. Makes sense that they'd be available June 1...