CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

We'll see what happens, one of the orcs in ship set had helmet in the prelim images, but not anymore.. Same thing could happen to black gate set.

I just want to contact LEGO LOTR team to tell them that fans want new armor printings and helmets for orcs

1.Putting Yazneg on white warg in set where is Yazneg death IS mistake.whether you like it or not.This happened because nobody didn't know that Azog will be in the movie,and mistakes like that will never happen again if they wait for summer to release The Hobbit sets.I know they will include Azog in some other set,but hey,mistake is mistake.That is like they will put Gandalf in Amon-Hen.

As has been pointed out before, the Yazneg costume was originaly Azog but they decided to make Azog an entirely CG Character and use that coustume for Yazneg.

As has been pointed out before, the Yazneg costume was originaly Azog but they decided to make Azog an entirely CG Character and use that coustume for Yazneg.

But it wouldn't happen if they wait half year more,they shuld include except that The Hobbit wawe one more Lotr wawe

But it wouldn't happen if they wait half year more,they shuld include except that The Hobbit wawe one more Lotr wawe

Oh stop it! 1 real mistake does not justify waiting 6 months for the sets. when you can wait 12 monts for a 2. wave!

Oh stop it! 1 real mistake does not justify waiting 6 months for the sets. when you can wait 12 monts for a 2. wave!

Yea,I know I sound boring,but I expect actually more Lotr sets this winter,because there are so many scenes for make really good sets,but never mind,we will see it this summer.Does anyone know how I can contact specified LEGO team?

I just want to contact LEGO LOTR team to tell them that fans want new armor printings and helmets for orcs

Okay, but just think for a second, who are their fans? Bare in mind that Lego, at it's heart, is a children's toy. TLC main target consumers are children, most of whom won't mind that the each Orc doesn't have its own individual print. Most will be content with three different Orcs, or three different Uruk-hai, or two different Goblins. Now, I want you to ask yourself this question (which also applies to a few others who frequent this thread) 'Is Lego the right hobby for you?'. You seem to have a passion for all things Middle-Earth, and might be expecting too much from a child's toy. Perhaps look into Games Workshop miniatures, where you can have a myriad of different characters, or action figures, wherein the more obscure figures are likely to be made (also, folks asking for Gamlings, or Madril - just be happy that we've got Haldir, or the Mouth of Sauron. Major players have been left out of other themes, it's gonna happen here too, and to much more important characters than 'the orc with the other orcs head on his hat' :sceptic: ).

Sorry if the above strikes you as overly critical or harsh, but I just think some of you could do with a reality check.

Okay, but just think for a second, who are their fans? Bare in mind that Lego, at it's heart, is a children's toy. TLC main target consumers are children, most of whom won't mind that the each Orc doesn't have its own individual print. Most will be content with three different Orcs, or three different Uruk-hai, or two different Goblins. Now, I want you to ask yourself this question (which also applies to a few others who frequent this thread) 'Is Lego the right hobby for you?'. You seem to have a passion for all things Middle-Earth, and might be expecting too much from a child's toy. Perhaps look into Games Workshop miniatures, where you can have a myriad of different characters, or action figures, wherein the more obscure figures are likely to be made (also, folks asking for Gamlings, or Madril - just be happy that we've got Haldir, or the Mouth of Sauron. Major players have been left out of other themes, it's gonna happen here too, and to much more important characters than 'the orc with the other orcs head on his hat' :sceptic: ).

Sorry if the above strikes you as overly critical or harsh, but I just think some of you could do with a reality check.

True, true. I guess we should now complain about the scales ;)

We've all seen that picture, LordoftheBricks, but by no means does it guarantee that any of those sets will be made. There were plenty of things in that photo set that will never see production (the Watto bust, for example): http://www.fubiz.net...ego-office1.jpg

Why won't we see Watto? Everything is possible ;)

They will.there is Helm's deep,and they made it,There is also Bag-end and they made it,Orthanc,they will made it,soo they will made everything else ;)

Don't say they will like you know it's going to be made. Do you seriously think the bust of Watto, giant Medical Driod or the giant Imperial Probe will ever see the light of day? That picture doesn't confirm anything.

Edited by Professor Flitwick

the LEGO LOTR and Hobbit sets seem to be selling very well around here (except for "Attack on Weathertop" and "The Mines of Moria")

i hope sets are continued being made for the next 10 years :grin:

Didn't we sort of agree not to keep discussing these same things over and over because they do not directly relate to 2013 sets?

__

The eagle not being mentioned propably comes down to the fact that it's not produced yet and they don't have enough 3d-printed ones to ship to conventions yet.

Some nice ideas, however I would prefer to see a brick built Balrog or Treebeard before Lothlorien.

There's also a severe lack of Eowyn... :hmpf_bad:

I had to put Lothlorien in there because every Middle-Earth wave so far has had one "peaceful" set,

so I decided to have one in there as well. I originally had a Golden Hall set with Gandalf, Éowyn and a cursed Théoden,

but I decided to stick with these sets to have as many key characters as possible, as well as the concluding Mount Doom.

Also, as for the Eagle, I was hoping the final design would have proper legs with claw feet,

but I'm afraid the closest we will get to that will be printed feet on the piece we've already seen...

Edited by General Magma

Look dude,I don't want to fight on this page,nobody doesn't,and it is really unnecessarily detract people on this page. I am just talking what is best for LEGO team.I am not attacking them or nothing just want to best for LEGO and for their profit,and also to mistakes like that never happen again.

1.Putting Yazneg on white warg in set where is Yazneg death IS mistake.whether you like it or not.This happened because nobody didn't know that Azog will be in the movie,and mistakes like that will never happen again if they wait for summer to release The Hobbit sets.I know they will include Azog in some other set,but hey,mistake is mistake.That is like they will put Gandalf in Amon-Hen.

2.I know you're always against me from some reason,and You said that Mirkwood elf polybag is set from second movie,and it is not,Set and polybag are different things

3.Yes,I know Lego will never include just minifigures,even I said it will be great opportunity to make kind of polybags just with 4-5 minifigures:Example battle at the Black Gate polybag (Battle pack) include: 2X Gondorian soldiers,1x Rogan Guard,2x Mordor orcs.

I know Lego will not do that,but I said that because I want the best.I want huge profit for LEGO and great opportunity for us to make armies.Every LEGO Lotr collector will buy at least 3 times this set for maybe around 20-25$ and even people who doesn't collect LEGO Lotr at least one.Yes,Because LEGO will probably never do that,they can also include these battle-packs for maybe 30$ http://www.flickr.co...3/8388703488/�� I am childish,but I want for LEGO great profit,and to continue LEGO Lotr theme for years,and only because of that,I am idiot and childish

I don't know why some people spread hate only because they want to be most important on this page,GUYS,THIS IS NOT COMPETITION.

WE NEED TO BE TOGETHER AND SEE WHAT IS BEST FOR LEGO,and of course keep talking what do we expect for future sets.

I have tried to refrain from saying this, but Lordof TheBricks, I agree with Darth Cadeus. You are looking at LEGO, in terms of business, in a very childish manner. It has been stated multiple times that LEGO can't and won't acquire the licenses to sell sets or polybags that just include minifigures. Even your desire of battlepacks has a small chance. LEGO is about building great castles and structures, not moaning about the rare, slight mistakes or lack of tiny details on Minifigures. There was once a time when LEGO didn't even come with minifigs! You also keep mentioning sets that have nothing to do with the 2013 sets that have already been confirmed. If you would like to create a speculation thread, please do so. You need to stop arguing with everyone about how you "know what is best for LEGO" when you obviously don't. Let everyone share their opinions before you debate about it. I'm sorry, but this had to be said. Moderators, punish me if you must, but I needed to have my say.

Edited by Mr Narwhal

That would be a shame regarding the eagle's claws if they were structured to not open. Even the new Rancor had opposable hands to pick up things and the eagle definitely would need that. It is interesting they came out with Fierce Flyer the same year as these other sets. I don't love the head, but the rest seems pretty decent. I haven't built my copy yet though so that's only from pictures. I think a molded eagle would be preferable in that sense, but I agree that something should be done about the feet/claws.

I have tried to refrain from saying this, but Lordof TheBricks, I agree with Darth Cadeus. You are looking at LEGO, in terms of business, in a very childish manner. It has been stated multiple times that LEGO can't and won't acquire the licenses to sell sets or polybags that just include minifigures. Even your desire of battlepacks has a small chance. LEGO is about building great castles and structures, not moaning about the rare, slight mistakes or lack of tiny details on Minifigures. There was once a time when LEGO didn't even come with minifigs! You also keep mentioning sets that have nothing to do with the 2013 sets that have already been confirmed. If you would like to create a speculation thread, please do so. You need to stop arguing with everyone about how you "know what is best for LEGO" when you obviously don't. Let everyone share their opinions before you debate about it. I'm sorry, but this had to be said. Moderators, punish me if you must, but I needed to have my say.

If I might add to this, LordoftheBricks, I'd also like to point out that nobody is criticizing you purely 'to be the most important' in this thread; it was sort of unfair on your part to say that.

If I might add to this, LordoftheBricks, I'd also like to point out that nobody is criticizing you purely 'to be the most important' in this thread; it was sort of unfair on your part to say that.

Wait, on my part or his?

I Think Lego Will make a Balrog set because it's an Iconic scene and they have the proto type on their shelf in the picture, now I know that its just a proto type and theres alot of sets in that picture that have not been made into sets , but most the sets on The Lord of Rings shelf have been made into sets.

Now sets and figs I would like to see are:

Sauron ,Witch King ,Azog ,The Necromencer and The Armored Trolls

1.Saurons Fortress with the Great Eye

2.Dul Guldur

3.the lone mountain

4.Minas Morgul

Didn't we sort of agree not to keep discussing these same things over and over because they do not directly relate to 2013 sets?

__

The eagle not being mentioned propably comes down to the fact that it's not produced yet and they don't have enough 3d-printed ones to ship to conventions yet.

I would also like to see this thread limited to new information on the 2013 sets, and comments on the new information.

I'd like to see speculation, ideas for new sets, etc. in a second thread.

Just my opinion.

Looking at what little has been creeping out in terms of pics from the next wave, I think I am in the minority but the Corsair ship is looking like my favorite. I like how different the ship looks, while it still looks like a good solid ship. (as opposed to the half ship that is the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty). I can live with another Gimli fig. While not my first choice, it at least forms the complete scene of the three mains taking the ship. I love the three ghosts. And A Peter Jackson minifig. Too cool. But I'm weird. I like when Lego goes outside the box and does a set that's a little unexpected and different. It makes it so LotR is not simply "Castle with fleshies".