CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Don't see anything positive about it - when rumored sets already create so much hype and controversy, presenting a pathetic MOC as legit just for attention is pretty darn lame.

Ok that attempt was fake and lame, lets get back to the topic and discuss the real thing.

I don´t know this has probably come up all ready in the discussions so if it has just ignore this post and feed me to the Wargs :grin:

But the question is when many themes have Exclusive sets also the Licenced, so what do you guys think will be the LOTR/Hobbit Exclusive set, will there be one or will both LOTR and Hobbit have one?

I have it very hard to think out what would be a good one because there is the Helms Deep set already, maybe a Rivendell but that wouldn´t look good with just a few thousand parts, so probably not. Hmm, with a theme like SW there is must easier to make an awesome exclusive, because it has so many awesome spaceships and stuff. But LOTR and a theme like Castle in general, a " The Dwarf city of Erebor" set and the Smaug the dragon ready to smash the gates :tongue::wink:

Edited by Mencot

I don´t know this has probably come up all ready in the discussions so if it has just ignore this post and feed me to the Wargs :grin:

Wargs! It's feeding time! :wink:

There will be an exclusive set called 10237 The Tower of Orthanc. A preliminary (and heavily pixelated) picture of it was released a while ago by the same guy who leaked pictures of Palace Cinema interior. This was also backed up by GRogall.

Judging by the height of around 73 centimetres (mentioned in the aforementioned picture) there will be quite a many bricks involved.

Hello guys,in my old channel where I actually will stay,I am putting news about Lotr and The Hobbit sets first on youtube,and also make cool stop-motions,just started professional ones,so here is my video (I know I sent to You already,but it didn't have captions than,and it was on my new channel which I don't use anymore),so go watch,and please subscribe

Anyway we can get lord of the bricks to stop posting non relevant information on this topic? The topic is 2013 lego lotr/ hobbit sets not "lord of the bricks stop motion films. No offense to lord of the bricks because I enjoyed the films, just think there's a better place to put stuff that bogs down my phone when im trying to read my favorite thread.

so here is my video

*snip*

Great stop motion and I thoroughly enjoyed it but no offence the voice over made me LOL :laugh: , it sounded like an old grandma crossed with a sheep :classic: (great work)

Are you sure? I'm looking at the dark bley starting halfway up he bow, which seems to correspond to the front of the Dutchman, where the doors open and the triple guns come out?

Notice the front... Where's the skull/wrecked/seweedy bit?

Anyway, the official Corsair ship looks amazing! I never expected that (Though I did wish for it- see below) !

7389223580_e8b60d637c_z.jpg

Don't see anything positive about it - when rumored sets already create so much hype and controversy, presenting a pathetic MOC as legit just for attention is pretty darn lame.

I was not presenting the set intentionally to gain attention. I guess I thought that it was real. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has called but, you are really coming off like you want to insult me just to gain attention. Now that is lame. I would like to refer you to the site guidelines which state there should be no offensive behavior on this site.

Anyway we can get lord of the bricks to stop posting non relevant information on this topic? The topic is 2013 lego lotr/ hobbit sets not "lord of the bricks stop motion films. No offense to lord of the bricks because I enjoyed the films, just think there's a better place to put stuff that bogs down my phone when im trying to read my favorite thread.

I agree no more videos, no more vote for my design, no more this is what i wish TLG to make. It's not just lord of the bricks but he seems to be the main offender no Offense. I think this topic needs to be run a lot more like the Star Wars one. Their should be a another thread called future set ideas and another for general questions. and any thing that falls under those which is posted in the main topic should be moved. Because some times it is hard to follow this topic with all the rumors and irrelevant stuff.

I agree no more videos, no more vote for my design, no more this is what i wish TLG to make. It's not just lord of the bricks but he seems to be the main offender no Offense. I think this topic needs to be run a lot more like the Star Wars one. Their should be a another thread called future set ideas and another for general questions. and any thing that falls under those which is posted in the main topic should be moved. Because some times it is hard to follow this topic with all the rumors and irrelevant stuff.

I entirely agree, tighter moderation to stop false hope of new news please

If you guys have issues, you should be coming to moderators, and we can address it. You are very quick to judge other people and take offense. Darth Caedus comment appeared to be directed at the MOCer, not the poster, and while Lord of the Bricks films may be suitable for it's own topic, this is for the Mods to decide.

If you have an issue, report it, don't start laying into other members. We are trying to maintain a civil forum here. We don't normally need the structure that the Star Wars forum needs because we have less activity, and our posters are generally well behaved.

I was not presenting the set intentionally to gain attention. I guess I thought that it was real. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has called but, you are really coming off like you want to insult me just to gain attention. Now that is lame. I would like to refer you to the site guidelines which state there should be no offensive behavior on this site.

Darth Caedus wasn't referring to you; I'm pretty sure he was just calling out whoever posted that video in the first place. :wink:

And I'm sure nobody will fault you for thinking the set was real, Jack Bricker. Just give it time, and you'll be able to spot the fakes pretty easily.

so far ive only seen one nice picture of the Battle at the Black Gate

is there more clearer pictures of the other sets?

Not that I know of. Pictures will come in time, and trust me this will be one of the first places to have them once they do become readily available :wink:

LOL. That looks like a fun birthday party though.

As rogue_ang stated, lets keep the chatter civilised and no insults. I would prefer Lord of the bricks to post a separate topic outlining his videos rather than making this topic harder to read.

As for the fake set pictures and rumours, they will always be around, but I see no harm in posting them here, maybe some of you will actually uncover the real sets coming down the line. Just no posting watermarked/preliminary pictures as this is against site guidelines.

As The_Chosen_1 pointed out, I was not referring to you, I was talking about the guy who made and uploaded the video to youtube.

The London Toy Fair starts today (ends on the 24th), Barry, over at Brickfanatics.co.uk will be there and I think the folks over at brickfanatics are particulary into Lego Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit themes, it'll be a nice resource to check on updates on anything that happens at the fair.

The London Toy Fair starts today (ends on the 24th), Barry, over at Brickfanatics.co.uk will be there and I think the folks over at brickfanatics are particulary into Lego Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit themes, it'll be a nice resource to check on updates on anything that happens at the fair.

Good to know!

what I'm interested in is if the mordor orcs have a new print or not, If Anduril has a new mold and wich minifigures comes with Orthanc. Except for final pictures we know pretty much everything about the upcoming sets don't we? (except Orthanc)

what I'm interested in is if the mordor orcs have a new print or not, If Anduril has a new mold and wich minifigures comes with Orthanc.

Barry asked in the this post what do readers want him to try and find out. Post a comment with your questions, these guys are really nice and they'll give you a clue if they can. I don't know if we'll see anything Lord of the Rings at this fair :/ They'll probably leave Orthanc for Germany or New York. Those fairs don't have a no photo policy, so they're likely to unveil the more massive sets there, to get bigger impact. Hope I'm wrong.

Barry asked in the this post what do readers want him to try and find out. Post a comment with your questions, these guys are really nice and they'll give you a clue if they can. I don't know if we'll see anything Lord of the Rings at this fair :/ They'll probably leave Orthanc for Germany or New York. Those fairs don't have a no photo policy, so they're likely to unveil the more massive sets there, to get bigger impact. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't think last years german toyfair allowed lego photos neither. :sceptic:

Barry at Brick fanatics has reported:

"The Lord of the Rings stuff was all preliminary so no idea if the Orcs will have new prints or if there is a new sword. The pirate ship is the main one. One set will have an eye of sauron which will be a print on a minifig head. More details on sets later."

Could be a marking on the mordor orcs similar to the white hand on the Urak-hai?