Leo604

American Football

Actually I rather liked the probowl this year. Though I think a lot of it is the new rules

And the Seahawks will win. Best offense vs. best defense, the defense has always won.

The Probowl is pointless if it is not played after the Superbowl. Otherwise you do not get the best performances from the Superbowl players (who are probably the best players).

The best defense usually does win, but the rules are getting more and more in favour of the offense.

And the Seahawks will win. Best offense vs. best defense, the defense has always won.

Hoping for it!

so, who's this Peyton Manning you guys were referring to in this thread? :tongue:

Oh boy, what a night! Not the most exciting game I've ever seen, but definetely the most pleasing one (except for the Husky Rose Bowl game 2001)

That game was over before second half even started. Glad the Seahawks won, I'm not a fan of the Broncos and I couldn't control my laughter every time Seattle intercepted.

And when they knocked the ball out of Peyton's hands before he could even throw you could tell the frustration was getting to them (I am glad they at least scored something, otherwise it would have been even more embarrassing to them than it already is). And what was Manning thinking when he just launched the ball straight up into the air?

That game was over before second half even started. Glad the Seahawks won, [...]

So, the Seahawks really won? I felt asleep somewhere in the fourth inning and missed the rest of the game.

Could someone please explain to me what's that fascinating of American Football? I guess it's rather boring. But try to evangelise me...

I feel bad for Peyton cause I'm not even sure he'll be able to win a 2nd one next year; Seattle and San Fran are going to be in the conference championship again, and the Bengals some AFC team is probably gonna upset Denver in the playoffs. New England could probably another run at it if they have a good draft in May.

Ultimately, I hope the Bengals can go further next year too. Dalton's consistency and playoff-prone problems are really the only thing left, and I doubt the change in coordinators will hurt them much considering both Hue Jackson and Paul Guenther have been with the organization forever.

EDIT: Kendrick should do next year's halftime show.

Edited by Leo Crimson

hope Seatle just has a great game and wins 49-0 and just blows the Broncos out of the water.

This is about the closest I have ever come to predicting the Super Bowl score, and it was off my rage! I really enjoyed the super bowl this year, I mean all the last second field goals are fun to watch but if you don't like the team, this is way more fun. I was all worried that I'd see Denver walk away with the game, for about 15 seconds. And then the second half started and I was wondering if Peyton would come back and rally his team form behind, for about a second. If I was a denver fan I wold probably in a tenfold depression but luckily I'm not. The only bad thing is that pathetic game is the last for six months. I was surprised by the receiver of the super bowl MVP, I was half expecting them to give it to the 12th man, but is that even possible? all in all a good game for me, the worst ever for Denver fans.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

I was surprised by the receiver of the super bowl MVP, I was half expecting them to give it to the 12th man, but is that even possible?

That's something I think the league should look into; the problem with the SB MVP award is that they look for people with big plays and not shutdown players like Richard Sherman without the stats. Malcolm Smith's 2 turnovers fit that sort of qualification, but personally I think the award should've gone to Kam Chancellor for the hits he made all game. It was probably really hard for them to award the MVP just by the number of excellent defensive performances Seattle had.

Being a Broncos fan must have been very painful. I wonder what happened. Of course the Legion of Boom rocks beyound anything, but the Broncos first play was already such a disaster it was hard to believe that this was the greatest offensive team of all time. So what do you guys think had happened. BTW, 700.000 fans in downtown Seattle today watching the team parade, doubt this would have happened in Denver in a similar fashion.

Being a Broncos fan must have been very painful. I wonder what happened.

I actually spoke to a Broncos fan and he wasn't too bummed out about it. He said since they lost so fast he had more time to get over it and then admire the skill of the Seahawks roster. He's no hardcore fan, but he's not one you'd see rooting for any other team. He said he already felt they won during the regular season, so the season was a win no matter the result in the playoffs.

Been about a week since Michael Sam's announcement that he's gay.

Thoughts?

I don't care as long as he doesn't use it against the NFL if he doesn't get picked in the first round.

I don't care as long as he doesn't use it against the NFL if he doesn't get picked in the first round.

I doubt he would've even before he came out; most of the scouts and analysts have been calling him a little small anyways.

First game is Thursday! I'm really looking forward to the game, it should be really good.

After the pre-season, who do you guys think looks strong? I didn't watch many games other than the few Patriots games. But I did see a Giants game, think it was week three, and they look just as weak as ever.

So the hawks smashed green bay, any objections against them going for another ring?

So the hawks smashed green bay, any objections against them going for another ring?

Injuries...I don't see much else!

Though history says the same won't repeat. It rarely happens.

Except for the 49ers, the Cowboys, the Broncos, the Patriots, the Steelers, the Dolphins ... did I forget a team?

Except for the 49ers, the Cowboys, the Broncos, the Patriots, the Steelers, the Dolphins ... did I forget a team?

:laugh: Sorry, I should have been more specific, I mean recent history. Last time it happened was like the mid 90s I think. Also, with the scheduling being the way it is, the parity in the league is incredibly high. There have been a minimum of 4 new teams in every playoff for the past decade or more, or something to that effect.

Edited by jluckhaupt

I say right now, Patriots-Seahawks Super Bowl with the Pats winning on a last second field goal, 3-0! After that, Roger Godell outlaws defenses for every team.

Thoughts on week 1 NFL, the NFC West is where the best teams are, 49ers, Seahawks and in some respects, the Cardinals...Denver seems the class of the AFC again with some other teams wanting to climb that ladder...weakest division by far is NFC East

College - I do not disagree with FSU #1 right now but Alabama might be the 4th best SEC team with Auburn, LSU, A&M in there, Oregon looks very tough, USC as well, Va Tech might be back as well as Oklahoma. I have to say top to bottom Pac 12 and SEC are tied for best conferences so far with ACC, Big 12 then Big 10 as far as power conferences go. Fun games every weekend in the college game, Mariota is your Heisman winner if he keeps it up, just can't see Winston or anyone else edging him out unless he goes into a downturn.

Great game on sunday! I'm a Pats fan so that was a great game to watch. I even picked the Broncos in this game, and even if I predicted that the Pats would win, I didn't expect a blowout like that, completely changes my playoff picture. I came into this season predicting the Broncos to be back in the Super Bowl, but if the Patriots get the first seed, I think they could take it all the way.