DoubleT

Mars Mission - Pictures

I'm quite thrilled with these sets. Despite the images very low quality, the sets look extremely well-done, although they do resmeble the earlier Life on Mars theme.

These are very nice. I really like some. The drilling unit is amazing! It has a lot of good old peices. These are not what I was expecting, but its still cool. The martians seem one-peiced (which is a bad thing). Nice anyway Lego!

-ZotS

toywiz has the set names and price points. however, people have said that TW marks up aggressively so... :-P

Lego Mars Mission Set MX-11 Astro Fighter #7695

$6.99

Lego Mars Mission Set MT-31 Trike #7694

$12.99

Lego Mars Mission Set MTX Alien Strike #7693

$22.99

Lego Mars Mission Set MT-51 Claw Tank Ambush #7697

$32.99

Lego Mars Mission Set MX-71 Recon Dropship #7692

$44.99

Lego Mars Mission Set EXT Alien Mothership Assault #7691

$54.99

Lego Mars Mission Set MB-01 Command Base #7690

$89.99

toywiz has the set names and price points.

Hmmh, looks like the Drilling Unit isnt listed yet... ohwell

They do look 2-3$USD too high to me, more than what I was hoping for anyway...

Judging by the price on the Dropship, That little rover in the distant background had Better be Included.

Hey, mates, is it just me, or is the minifig on the human small fighter a Rebel B-Wing pilot with a new helmet? Can somebody verify that this isn't a new torso?

And, I don't get why so many people hate this line so much. Maybe it's because I'm 15 (just barely out of TLG's target audience), but I kinda like these sets. I was always more of a collector than a MOCer, but still, the pieces in them are just...droooooool...

Hey, mates, is it just me, or is the minifig on the human small fighter a Rebel B-Wing pilot with a new helmet? Can somebody verify that this isn't a new torso?

And, I don't get why so many people hate this line so much. Maybe it's because I'm 15 (just barely out of TLG's target audience), but I kinda like these sets. I was always more of a collector than a MOCer, but still, the pieces in them are just...droooooool...

They are prototype pics, so the human bodies are bound to change.

-l2k-

They are prototype pics, so the human bodies are bound to change.

-l2k-

Dangit. I was going to get five or six of the little fighters. They're bound to be ~$5 each. we'll see. The aliens look like they're made of rubber...

These set's are so nifty I want them all! X-D

I'm not sure if the aliens are new or just green exo-force robots but either way there still cool. *alien*

The onley set I don't like allot is the base it just looks hollo and will probley cost $90.00! >:-(

a cant believe how much of a copy des sets r off life on mars all of them have just got a new colour!

probs da worst new theme ever made!

*yoda* lol that yoda head is cool

soz me again

these r the worst sets ever!

that stupid drill thing is a complete copy of the clone turbo tank!

y does it need 2 b armoured anyway!?! ( as if the stupid aliens r goin 2 attack a stupid drill )

*vader* making a copy of my lovely turbo tank! how very dare u! lol

Here is a scan from the danish retail catalogue. I know that it doesnt show much, but I thought it was worth scanning:

post-325-1168793580_thumb.jpg

cool will that face be in the sets yay screeming face!

i will get one just 4 that

nice pic

So, about the aliens. I think they have potential. Their arms can move, as can their head. The one thing I'm waiting for to pass my final judgement is if the legs can move individually (like a normal minifig), or the legs move as a whole (droids). I really hope it's the former, though Lego has a record of not doing that...

Either way, they're not as bad as I heard. I just wish the wrists moved too :-/

So, about the aliens. I think they have potential. Their arms can move, as can their head. The one thing I'm waiting for to pass my final judgement is if the legs can move individually (like a normal minifig), or the legs move as a whole (droids). I really hope it's the former, though Lego has a record of not doing that...

Either way, they're not as bad as I heard. I just wish the wrists moved too :-/

Au contrair, my friend. The aliens are actually one single peice ;-)

-l2k-

Source?

Just look at it. Its all one peice. Seeing as it is clear, you would be able to see the neck and arm joints, but their are none. I may be wrong about the legs, but the head and arms definatley don't move.

-l2k-

I don't know, the head MAYBE, but I think at least the arms can move...or at least I hope so. I would really be beyond disappointed with them if it couldn't move at all.

You can see a line around the neck, so maybe...meh, I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'll keep my fingers crossed :-/

Just look at it. Its all one peice. Seeing as it is clear, you would be able to see the neck and arm joints, but their are none. I may be wrong about the legs, but the head and arms definatley don't move.

-l2k-

So far all the pics have been blurry box art pics. Where?? have you seen an alien fig is such close-up detail to distinguish all these features? Is there a better photo somplace?

I don't know, the head MAYBE, but I think at least the arms can move...or at least I hope so. I would really be beyond disappointed with them if it couldn't move at all.

You can see a line around the neck, so maybe...meh, I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'll keep my fingers crossed :-/

Okay, heres the deal with the aliens: They are 2 pieces, made up of the torso and the legs. You can see in the Toyfair pics that some aliens are bending over or sitting. The prelim aliens had movable arms, but the final versions do not. For example:

33378.jpg

-l2k-

So far all the pics have been blurry box art pics. Where?? have you seen an alien fig is such close-up detail to distinguish all these features? Is there a better photo somplace?

Check out these french toys fair picture links:

1) and 2)

Especially this (scroll down....).