RTN LNA

Kurt's ship MOCs

nice, they're amazing ;-) !

Glad you like them.

I... I dunno how to put it, man. This is simply some of the most extrordinary Lego Pirate work i've ever seen. I'd say KUTGW but that wouldnt be good enough! I'm having trouble finding any flaws in much of anything. These are several very well researched and very well built peices. Well done!

High praise indeed.

I have modified my little ship Black Pearl-lite to make a rev. 2 , I added a little more red to kick it up a notch!

I have also build it in LeoCAD, does anybody know where I can upload LeoCAD drawing files to so that anybody can download them?

ie. a brickshelf for LeoCAD drawings?

kurt

Awesome! We have a LEGO Naval Architect amongst us! But what does the RTN stand for?

The Republic of Texas Navy.

;^)

kurt

Aaaaargh Why is you so much better than me when it comes to builing *sweet* Great models. Love the legomalee. that name reminds meof some ship. do you take the name from a real ship and "relego" it ?

Aaaaargh Why is you so much better than me when it comes to builing *sweet* Great models.

Take the test in the cannon MOC thread . Maybe you will get better?

Glad you like my "sweet" models.

Love the legomalee. that name reminds meof some ship. do you take the name from a real ship and "relego" it ?

I LEGO-ized the HMS TRINCOMALEE

kurt

Hey all,

EDIT to reflect that this is not new. Thanks for the save, Captain Becker. :)

I saw the fantastic Republic of Texas Navy on display at Brick Fiesta this year, and wanted to share it with those who may not have seen it. Eurobricks member RTN LNA has put together a Navy from an alternate history of my home state of Texas. There are several vessels here, so it's definitely worth a look!

1230678546m_DISPLAY.jpg

This model, the RTS Zavala, has a working paddlewheel!

Check out several more ships here.

Look for this topic to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

Edited by TalonCard

He did post his navy here for a long time ago. And the ships are Indexed also. But they are great ships, specially the small sloop.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

He did post his navy here for a long time ago. And the ships are Indexed also. But they are great ships, specially the small sloop.

Captain Becker

You've got a great memory, but since it was a long time ago, lets let others enjoy this blast from the past as well, I've merged the two topics together.

An interesting alternate history he's created, with some fantastic ships to go with. Very original choices too - a side-paddle steamer, and maybe the first Monitor I've ever seen in LEGO. The RTS Zavala is best IMO, looking at the smoothness of the shape and line it's hard to believe it's just LEGO. Astonishing that he built such a monster on normal hull pieces, yet the proportions still look perfect. And the wheels work too! Jeez, this guy's a genius.

Edited by Skipper

As a former blue-water navy sailor (3 years on a Spruance-class DD and 1 on a Tarawa-class LHA), I'm definitely loving these! While I was more than happy to get out of the Navy when my enlistment ran out, I still have a soft spot for military vessels of all stripes, particularly mid 1800's and on (i.e. steam era).

One thing though: Shouldn't these go into the Historical forum, since they seem to be in the Wild West era? Also, does that mean that I should have posted the WIP thread for my neo-Confederate battle cruiser here instead of in the Sci-Fi forum?(aside from the radar, radio and computer consoles, the ship would fit in with early dreadnought era ships...)

Anyways, thanks for bringing this thread back to life, especially since it has links to the very informative brick-built cannon thread... Now I'm going to have to start trawling bricklink for Bellville buckets (they would work as finals for my heavy cruisers' 10" guns)... :cannon:

You've got a great memory, but since it was a long time ago, lets let others enjoy this blast from the past as well, I've merged the two topics together.

Awesome! :pir-classic: