Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

I'm happy the movie bombed if it means we get decent discounts on the LR Lego sets a bit earlier. The LOTR sets took 13 months to reach a decent 50% discount in the UK. Hopefully the LR sets will drop sooner. Maybe next spring - or possibly even some decent pre-Christmas discounts.

I'm happy the movie bombed if it means we get decent discounts on the LR Lego sets a bit earlier. The LOTR sets took 13 months to reach a decent 50% discount in the UK. Hopefully the LR sets will drop sooner. Maybe next spring - or possibly even some decent pre-Christmas discounts.

I'm not sure, but I think the discounts will happen In a couple months from now. Kids are going to want to buy the sets, but with all the other great summer sets (most of them out right now) will definitely bring more attention than the LR sets. I mean you can already purchase sets $50 dollars and higher for about $10 cheaper each here in the U.S.

What will evryone do with their spare tontos and lone rangers?

Lol I was thinking about that too. I haven't purchased any LR sets yet (waiting for discounts) but I was thinking about selling a few of them on bricklink or ebay. I mean what else is there to do?

Some of that is YMMV. Around me didn't really see any LOTR discounts, so maybe not everywhere will get LR discounts either.

As for spare rangers, I don't know. Use his head for a custom super hero..

For Tonto, if you can find Panaka heads cheap enough, you could build up a decent Comanche army since the torsos will all be similar in real life. Instead, I'm just using the POTC zombie heads since they are the same skin tone.

I'll probably use his torso as a base for a Booker DeWitt and is head for some superheroes. As for Tonto, i don't know.

For Tonto, if you can find Panaka heads cheap enough, you could build up a decent Comanche army since the torsos will all be similar in real life. Instead, I'm just using the POTC zombie heads since they are the same skin tone.

Somewhat unfortunate that so few minifigures have that skin tone, so you're forced to have a nightmarish Comanche army!

Some of that is YMMV. Around me didn't really see any LOTR discounts, so maybe not everywhere will get LR discounts either.

As for spare rangers, I don't know. Use his head for a custom super hero..

Oh sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant that you could get the bigger ones cheaper through Amazon, not sure about getting them cheaper from other stores (Definitely not Toys-R-US)

In theory (if not in this movie) the Rangers were mainly a uniformed outfit. Swap out the heads and hats and you have a whole company of Rangers, more like in the classic LR story.

I wouldn't say the movie bombed because of the movie itself...but because of the poorly decided release date. I think it would have done very well had it been released another week this month. I mean Despicable Me 2 had so much more advertising...

I bought the Stagecoach set before the movie bombed for $21US, that's 30% off. Cool set too. But there has been a history of that recently on Amazon, Hobbit sets did the same thing, the cheapest they have been was before the movie was released.

I just got Colby City Showdown tonight. I couldn't put it off anymore, but maybe I should have waited. Who knows? But I really love this set. It was a lot of fun to put together and it has a lot of nice colors that can be used for other builds. Great set in my mind.

Watched the movie a week or 2 ago. I know it bomed, but I loved it.

The whole thing worked out for me.

This could possibly be the line that gets me back into lego... Planning to buy em, after not buying any sets since 2008...

After seeing the film this weekend (which was great! Very undeserving of the venom from critics), I've suddenly become much more interested in this theme. I'll be looking for some steep sales before I buy, but I'm hoping to get the whole line.

Please remember that this is the thread for set discussion. Speculation on why the movie didn't do so swell belongs elsewhere.

I'm so sorry I just felt the need to defend the movie. I would also like to collect this entire line after seeing the movie!

If the Brickshow is to be believed, the Western theme will not die with The Lone Ranger. They are reporting 17 The LEGO Movie sets that include some Western theme sets.

There is already one in Special LEGO Themes. I just wanted to take the worry out of The Lone Ranger theme that it might kill off Western for a while.

To keep this on topic, I really appreciate the Calvary Builder set. It fits my desire for historical minifig and could be half of a Civil War MOC or the cannon can be added to the Series 10 Revolutionary Soldier for a Revolutionary War scene. I wish this theme the best but if I see any good deals on clearance... I will pounce on them.

I just noticed. Thanks. I wonder what will happen with LR when some LEGO Movie sets will have to do with a Western theme? Will it be Castle/LotR again?

I just noticed. Thanks. I wonder what will happen with LR when some LEGO Movie sets will have to do with a Western theme? Will it be Castle/LotR again?

LR is definitely a one and done theme, like PoP and PotC. I can't see it getting another wave especially after its box office perfomance.

I didn't think it would have a second wave. but how long will it run?

Oh, I miss read the first post. I'm guessing we'll get one big and one small Western set for the LEGO Movie- four at most. I'm sure the Lone Ranger stuff will sit on shelves until next Summer, much like PoP.